BNY Mellon Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2014

2.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview process was smooth. Basic questions, and not overly involved and lengthy. Only one hiring manager was involved. No repetitive questions. Environment was not intimidating, however was really inviting. There was a question period. and they were answered to the best of the managers ability.

There was no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2012.

Interview process was different than the normal process as I spoke directly with the hiring director. First phone interview was with the hiring director followed by another interview with two managers under the director. I was called a few days later with an offer which I countered. They accepted my counter offer without issue.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2013.

questions about past work experience

Interview Questions
    • none really, just questions about what topics you know   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2011.

Phone Interview
    In-person interview

Office seemed very rigid, change does not seem to be something that flourishes there. I had three different individuals interview me over 1.5 hours.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

interview with hr, then two deputy department heads then head of department
    a lot of quesitons on past experience incl. education. no cases or anything tricky.
    heard of the job opening via a friend. there was a skills test in the beginning but it was very easy (like: 1,5, 13, next number = ?)

Interview Questions
    none. I suggested a figure and it was accepted

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

interviewed at BNY Mellon in August 2010.

First round interview. Competency based questions. Past experience questions and a lot of questions related to work experience and the like. Very nice interview, the people were smiling the whole time and laughing.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2010.

The interview was for a Software Analyst position (they have a generic Business Analyst role).
    The first round was a telephonic technical round where I was questioned by one of the Team Leads on .NET and SQL.
    This was followed by another call for a HR interview that was meant to check on how I work in a team, how well I gel with people, etc.
    The third round was a small project involving .NET, WinForms and Access programming that I needed to submit a solution to within 3 days.
    The last round was a face-to-face interview at the company office, with my future Team Lead and Manager, followed by a interaction with the team I was to join. Also, a video conference with my onshore manager to get his final approval.

Interview Questions
    • Given an employee table that has a self-referencing key pointing to the employee's manager, write a query to list all employees and their managers?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between abstract classes and interfaces in C#? What are the benefits of using one over the other?   Answer Question
    I already had an idea of the maximum salary they were willing to offer and couldn't negotiate anything higher.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2010.

HR looks clumsy, unprofessional;
     Interviewers were decent ,positive and cultured.

Interview Questions

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!