BNY Mellon Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.5

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Interviewing process was horrible. I had a phone interview with 2 managers and then was called in for an in person interview with 3 people. A week after interview I received a phone call from HR asking my interest level and to verify my salary requirements along with telling me I received positive feedback and that management was just deciding were area to place everyone. A week and half after that HR called again that they wanted me to come back in and meet with 2 different managers. 3 days after that interview HR called to tell me that they would not be offering me the job because I did not have enough experience. Why bring someone in for multiple interviews when they do not have enough experience?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter and did the skill tests of Excel and Access first. They sent the link through an email. Both were quite basic.The process was quite standard and casual. Just let you talk about your background, experience, skills, and asked several pretty basic questions of Excel, like how to apply Vlookup. It is a quite entry level position actually, so don't bother to make yourself looked that technical.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. Basic questions, and not overly involved and lengthy. Only one hiring manager was involved. No repetitive questions. Environment was not intimidating, however was really inviting. There was a question period. and they were answered to the best of the managers ability.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2013.

Interview

questions about past work experience

Interview Questions

• none really, just questions about what topics you know   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was different than the normal process as I spoke directly with the hiring director. First phone interview was with the hiring director followed by another interview with two managers under the director. I was called a few days later with an offer which I countered. They accepted my counter offer without issue.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview
    In-person interview

Office seemed very rigid, change does not seem to be something that flourishes there. I had three different individuals interview me over 1.5 hours.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Brussels (Belgium)).

Interview

interview with hr, then two deputy department heads then head of department
    a lot of quesitons on past experience incl. education. no cases or anything tricky.
    heard of the job opening via a friend. there was a skills test in the beginning but it was very easy (like: 1,5, 13, next number = ?)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none. I suggested a figure and it was accepted

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

interviewed at BNY Mellon (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2010.

Interview

First round interview. Competency based questions. Past experience questions and a lot of questions related to work experience and the like. Very nice interview, the people were smiling the whole time and laughing.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pune (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview was for a Software Analyst position (they have a generic Business Analyst role).
    The first round was a telephonic technical round where I was questioned by one of the Team Leads on .NET and SQL.
    This was followed by another call for a HR interview that was meant to check on how I work in a team, how well I gel with people, etc.
    The third round was a small project involving .NET, WinForms and Access programming that I needed to submit a solution to within 3 days.
    The last round was a face-to-face interview at the company office, with my future Team Lead and Manager, followed by a interaction with the team I was to join. Also, a video conference with my onshore manager to get his final approval.

Interview Questions

• Given an employee table that has a self-referencing key pointing to the employee's manager, write a query to list all employees and their managers?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between abstract classes and interfaces in C#? What are the benefits of using one over the other?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I already had an idea of the maximum salary they were willing to offer and couldn't negotiate anything higher.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2010.

Interview

HR looks clumsy, unprofessional;
     Interviewers were decent ,positive and cultured.