BNY Mellon

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was different than the normal process as I spoke directly with the hiring director. First phone interview was with the hiring director followed by another interview with two managers under the director. I was called a few days later with an offer which I countered. They accepted my counter offer without issue.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2013.

Interview Details – questions about past work experience

Interview Question – none really, just questions about what topics you know   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview
In-person interview

Office seemed very rigid, change does not seem to be something that flourishes there. I had three different individuals interview me over 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – interview with hr, then two deputy department heads then head of department
a lot of quesitons on past experience incl. education. no cases or anything tricky.
heard of the job opening via a friend. there was a skills test in the beginning but it was very easy (like: 1,5, 13, next number = ?)

Interview Question – why finance   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none. I suggested a figure and it was accepted

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed at BNY Mellon in August 2010.

Interview Details – First round interview. Competency based questions. Past experience questions and a lot of questions related to work experience and the like. Very nice interview, the people were smiling the whole time and laughing.

Interview Question – Past experience   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was for a Software Analyst position (they have a generic Business Analyst role).
The first round was a telephonic technical round where I was questioned by one of the Team Leads on .NET and SQL.
This was followed by another call for a HR interview that was meant to check on how I work in a team, how well I gel with people, etc.
The third round was a small project involving .NET, WinForms and Access programming that I needed to submit a solution to within 3 days.
The last round was a face-to-face interview at the company office, with my future Team Lead and Manager, followed by a interaction with the team I was to join. Also, a video conference with my onshore manager to get his final approval.

Interview Questions

• Given an employee table that has a self-referencing key pointing to the employee's manager, write a query to list all employees and their managers?   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between abstract classes and interfaces in C#? What are the benefits of using one over the other?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I already had an idea of the maximum salary they were willing to offer and couldn't negotiate anything higher.

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2010.

Interview Details – HR looks clumsy, unprofessional;
 Interviewers were decent ,positive and cultured.

Interview Question – situational scinario based quesitons   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BNY Mellon

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees and interview candidates.