BNY Mellon

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got the job thru recruiter. Group interview. My interview was scheduled for three interviwers but end up only two. It was original a rotation interview but end up both interviewers joined and asking all questions. I was very relaxed and A all answers. They offered the job right after the interview.

Interview Question – What is the function of Corporate Trust?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 2 different groups simultaneously. Relationship Managers picked who they liked best. Now hiring is done with a manager with no say from the Relationship manager.

Negotiation Details – Not much negiotation can be done. HR has standards in what they can offer in terms of salary increases (was an internal hire)

Very Easy Interview

Corporate Trust Administrator

The process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2008.

Interview Details – the hiring is very easy. all you have to do is know some one there. also they are just hiring temps

Interview Question – why you ant to work here   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate Trust Administrator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process took about 2 months. I have interviewed with the same set of people twice. Mainly the questions were around my experience, and what I know. The job itself is very plain, and one will need a general understanding of securities, however, it's not the main concern.

Interview Question – Do you know how to use Bloomberg?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I never did. Definitely negotiate. I got stuck with a very low pay. Will never make this mistake again.

Corporate Trust Administrator

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2009.

Interview Details – First Interview was a brief phone interview with an internal computer. Second interview was with functional manager. Third interview was with group manager. All were pretty simple, no difficult questions, mostly just a review of my past experiences.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!