BNY Mellon

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – was a good interview process had 3 interviews nothing that crazy beyond the usual interview questions
not very much more to say on this
also interviewed with human resources management individual

Interview Question – what is a stock   Answer Question

Lake Mary, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initially contacted via phone to set up interview, 1 in person interview, and received an offer 3 days later. They are very pushy and very insistant on you making a decision that second they offer you the job, to the point they wanted me to take it without salary being discussed. The job is tough, from what I understand, which is odd, because I've had more thorough interviews for retail jobs before.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just a bunch of "have you ever done this" kinds of questions. They like to ask if you think you can handle the aspects of the job   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very pushy. Demanded an answer in 4 hours, and wanted me to start in 10 days, which didn't leave much time to relocate. Not very helpful as far as providing area information, leads on housing, or even benefits information. Wanted me to take the offer without any salary information.

Very Easy Interview

Brooklyn, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's e-recruiting site and was contacted by BNY Mellon for an interview. The interview consisted of three 1:1 interviews, all on the same day. They were all very easy with basic questions being asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed for Exchange Traded Funds Accountant position. I supposed to speak with 3 manager, each for 30 min. however, I spoke with only two and they said the 3rd was busy doing something and "some other time". The manager I spoke with was friendly and nice, asked me questions: Why BNY Mellon? and some finance questions: What is the difference between return of assets and return on income. Another question was could you tell me if bonds and common stock pay dividends? Very finance related questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!