BNY Mellon Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2014

2.2

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

The interview process was very straight forward, I was first contacted by the recruiter, about a week later I had an interview with three senior managers back to back each lasting about a half hour. Two weeks after that I had HR call with an offer.

Interview Questions
  • This was an entry level position so the questions were geared more towards my education and why Mellon.   Answer Question
Tried to negotiate but couldn't get a higher offer.

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Very simple. A quick interview with one of the HR staff, next you get interviewed by one of the potential manager that needs its role fulfilled.As soon as you get the offer, you get to go for the fingerprints for the history check. Once everything has been cleared, then you get a temporary ID until the real one is received.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward, no tricky questions. Just questions about your experience, education.   Answer Question
    No negotiations needed.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2014.

Straight for interview process. Got an in through an employee referral. Highly recommand you do the same easy to get in with knowing the right people. Going forward i hope the promotion interviews will be the same. Really excited to continue my career here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2011.

Called in for interview from Human Resources set a date. Relatively easy process

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with InvestOne, Bloomberg, Confluence?   View Answer
    No Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2012.

Applied online through the BNY Mellon website. Was contacted by a HR recruiter who conducted a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview the HR recruiter schedule an in person interview with 3 potential managers. On the day I met with three different managers and discussed my experience and their expectations for about a half hour each. After the interview I was contacted about a week later by the same HR recruiter, who provided an offer. Once the offer is accepted you have 48 hours to provide a drug test and fill out some paper work they send to you via email.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question for me, always is, tell me your biggest accomplishment. Other than that the questions are pretty basic.   View Answer
    This was an entry level position, so I accpted the first offer they presented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Got the interview through a recruiter. Still had to go through the online application process. I interviewed with 4 managers although none were certain which one I'd be working under. The interview was more of a personalty test. Nothing too difficult or technical.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty cut and dry. No hard questions. I think they were merely looking for someone with a personality similar to theirs.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2012.

Very simple interview with multiple VPs. Basic questions about why I wanted to change jobs and questions about myself. Two groups were hiring at the time, so it was two consecutive interviews. No surprises and very laid back

Fund Accountant Interview

Very easy interview. The three interviewers went easy on me because I was referred by the department head, who's a senior Managing Director. Was been asked for a few questions about what ETF is and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Well, if you don't know or have limited knowledge about the job you were applying for, then be honest. The tough question is that how long we need to train you and get you do your job,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2012.

Applied online, received a call from a BNY Mellon recruiter about a month later for an interview...Interviewed with 3 of the managers..very nice and easy going...basic interview questions...a month later I received a call about an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have trouble correcting others if you notice mistakes in their work? Would you allow them to correct it or would you correct the mistake to go ahead and submit the work and inform them of the mistake later?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, had to accept offer by email within 24 hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2012.

I first submitted my resume to the website. Two days later I received an invitation to an interview. I got the interview with the manager and a supervisor a couple days later, and received the offer the next business day. They did a standard background check, as well as requiring a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that was asked was, "Describe your ideal workplace environment". All of the other questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question
    There did not seem to be much of a negotiation phase. They simply called and made the offer. It did not seem like they could negotiate much.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!