BNY Mellon Fund Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.3

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Very welcoming . Met with 3 managers followed by the VP of the department. All very friendly. Asked basic background questions and very thoroughly about my resume, such as what you did and how it would help you in this role. Overall not very a difficult interview. Just come prepared knowing you resume in and out.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when you went beyond expectations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

I had a personal connection with one of the MDs who forwarded my credentials around. I filled out an application via the online portal and was contacted within a week to set up an interview. The interview was in Brooklyn by the VPs of several account teams. It lasts about an hour and a half and I completed 3-4 interviews in the day. I was called with an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations on an entry level position

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2015.

Pretty straight forward. Simple questions. Ask a little about you and your strengths and what you know about the position. Just know your job responsibilities and do your homework. Be sure to know what NAV is because that is a fundamental part of the job. They are more interested in finding someone that can learn new info and be able to retain that info than your work experience so be trainable and have an open mind. Overall an easy interview if you show your prepared and interested in learning more about the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself
      What are your stengths/weaknesses?
      What do you know about bonds?
      What is a mutual fund?
      What is NAV? How is it calculated?

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview process took extremely long. Applied to the position through the career website and got an interview a month later. Interview went extremely well (5 different people). I got offered the position a month after the interview took place. They took too long to offer me the position, by the time they did I had already accepted a position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • What are your long term goals?
      What do you know about the position?

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

I applied online. A recruiter got back to me a few days later. We scheduled an interview at the Brooklyn, NY back office. This took place in a span of two weeks. The questions were easy and a team of people will interview you. I had 4 people back to back interview me - some engaging, some not. Fund Accounting is a back office job, so don't confuse this for Wolf of Wall St or anything remotely close to that.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions.

Tell us about yourself.
      Why do you want to be a Fund Accountant?
      What makes you a good candidate?
      How comfortable are you with MS Suite?
      Why BNY Mellon?

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

The interview process was very straight forward, I was first contacted by the recruiter, about a week later I had an interview with three senior managers back to back each lasting about a half hour. Two weeks after that I had HR call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • This was an entry level position so the questions were geared more towards my education and why Mellon.   Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate but couldn't get a higher offer.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2014.

Straight for interview process. Got an in through an employee referral. Highly recommand you do the same easy to get in with knowing the right people. Going forward i hope the promotion interviews will be the same. Really excited to continue my career here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Got the interview through a recruiter. Still had to go through the online application process. I interviewed with 4 managers although none were certain which one I'd be working under. The interview was more of a personalty test. Nothing too difficult or technical.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty cut and dry. No hard questions. I think they were merely looking for someone with a personality similar to theirs.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Fund Accountant Interview

Very easy interview. The three interviewers went easy on me because I was referred by the department head, who's a senior Managing Director. Was been asked for a few questions about what ETF is and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Well, if you don't know or have limited knowledge about the job you were applying for, then be honest. The tough question is that how long we need to train you and get you do your job,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

I was contacted to come in for an interview by someone with HR. After my first interview, which was pretty basic and took about 2 hours, i heard nothing from them for over a month. I was called in for a second interview about 5 weeks after the first interview. I thought the interview went well. They asked me about my salary expectations, even asking me if i would accept a certain salary. After 3 more weeks without hearing from them, i contacted HR. After that i received an automated message saying i would not be offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • No questions that were that difficult. There were some questions about my favorite projects in school. A lot more talking about extra-curricular activities than i was expecting. Most questions were related to my background.   Answer Question