BNY Mellon

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fund Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straight forward, I was first contacted by the recruiter, about a week later I had an interview with three senior managers back to back each lasting about a half hour. Two weeks after that I had HR call with an offer.

Interview Question – This was an entry level position so the questions were geared more towards my education and why Mellon.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate but couldn't get a higher offer.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple. A quick interview with one of the HR staff, next you get interviewed by one of the potential manager that needs its role fulfilled.As soon as you get the offer, you get to go for the fingerprints for the history check. Once everything has been cleared, then you get a temporary ID until the real one is received.

Interview Question – Straight forward, no tricky questions. Just questions about your experience, education.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations needed.

Fund Accountant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2014.

Interview Details – Straight for interview process. Got an in through an employee referral. Highly recommand you do the same easy to get in with knowing the right people. Going forward i hope the promotion interviews will be the same. Really excited to continue my career here.

Interview Question – Nothin   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2011.

Interview Details – Called in for interview from Human Resources set a date. Relatively easy process

Interview Question – Are you familiar with InvestOne, Bloomberg, Confluence?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through the BNY Mellon website. Was contacted by a HR recruiter who conducted a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview the HR recruiter schedule an in person interview with 3 potential managers. On the day I met with three different managers and discussed my experience and their expectations for about a half hour each. After the interview I was contacted about a week later by the same HR recruiter, who provided an offer. Once the offer is accepted you have 48 hours to provide a drug test and fill out some paper work they send to you via email.

Interview Question – Most difficult question for me, always is, tell me your biggest accomplishment. Other than that the questions are pretty basic.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was an entry level position, so I accpted the first offer they presented.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Got the interview through a recruiter. Still had to go through the online application process. I interviewed with 4 managers although none were certain which one I'd be working under. The interview was more of a personalty test. Nothing too difficult or technical.

Interview Question – Pretty cut and dry. No hard questions. I think they were merely looking for someone with a personality similar to theirs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Fund Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple interview with multiple VPs. Basic questions about why I wanted to change jobs and questions about myself. Two groups were hiring at the time, so it was two consecutive interviews. No surprises and very laid back

Interview Question – Why do you want to join our company?   Answer Question

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – Very easy interview. The three interviewers went easy on me because I was referred by the department head, who's a senior Managing Director. Was been asked for a few questions about what ETF is and so on.

Interview Question – Well, if you don't know or have limited knowledge about the job you were applying for, then be honest. The tough question is that how long we need to train you and get you do your job,   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call from a BNY Mellon recruiter about a month later for an interview...Interviewed with 3 of the managers..very nice and easy going...basic interview questions...a month later I received a call about an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – Do you have trouble correcting others if you notice mistakes in their work? Would you allow them to correct it or would you correct the mistake to go ahead and submit the work and inform them of the mistake later?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, had to accept offer by email within 24 hours

Westborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2012.

Interview Details – I first submitted my resume to the website. Two days later I received an invitation to an interview. I got the interview with the manager and a supervisor a couple days later, and received the offer the next business day. They did a standard background check, as well as requiring a drug test.

Interview Question – The most difficult question that was asked was, "Describe your ideal workplace environment". All of the other questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There did not seem to be much of a negotiation phase. They simply called and made the offer. It did not seem like they could negotiate much.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!