BNY Mellon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was Amazing. I had applied for Internal Audit intern. The location is really nice. My interview lasted for 45mins. The vice president of the department took my interview. Questions started building up according to my resume. Then he discussed various skill set required for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First a 30 minute interview, then a two hour interview. Basic behavioral questions for the 30 minute interview. More in depth behavioral questions for the next interview. The two hours was 1 hour for technical and one for behavioral. Technical questions were about basic coding knowledge and certain terms regarding big topics in coding.

Interview Questions

• What is the problem with the following c++ code.
      describe encapsulation and other words.
      how would you design your friend's kitchen.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

talk to recruiter, interview. wasnt too hard but its not your typical interview, the people who do it are very very young

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Applied through campus career services site, then was asked to interview with human resources. Interviewer was very friendly and helpful on resume and interviewing tips. Asked a lot about past work experience and what I brought to each company I previously worked at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about our company (asked as soon as I sat down)
      What would your previous employers say you brought to the company that was unique?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

One in house interview. I spent the day rotating around different desks meeting people. Not really a formal interview, more of a meet and greet. I went in around March but did not receive the official offer until Memorial Day Weekend.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

very easy. Didn't ask me many question. The manager did ask some question about the business. Needed to show my knowledge about finance, time management, and so on. Very friendly interview environment. Like a conversation more than an interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Tacoma, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, was then called two days later for an interview in three days. The interview was with two managers, standard open process: "name a time when you underperformed, when you have influenced someone." They didn't contact me for a month and a half and then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

I had other options lined up between the interview and the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, heard back from general HR a few weeks later. Pass the initial phone interview and was invited to office for second round. Spoke to the hiring manager and was offered the position a few weeks later. Accepted the offer on the spot. Positive experience overall.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Initially I interviewed with a managing director who came to my campus to conduct interviews. The interview was pretty straightforward, mostly questions about my resume. Then I was invited to interview at their office with several of the team members I would be working for. Again, these questions mostly revolved around my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed and what you learned about it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews for the internship...not too demanding at all. About 5 minutes of "tell me about yourself," 15 minutes of "here's what we do," and 10 minutes for questions. Sort of weird because it seemed pretty easy to get, yet I applied to a bunch (30+) of different positions on their site and this was the first (and only) one I made it further than the application stage on.