BNY Mellon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Newark, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application then had an interview on campus with the manager I would be working with. From there I went on to a phone interview with two managers who asked me a round of various questions.

Interview Questions

• What was somethign you learned at your last internship?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was Amazing. I had applied for Internal Audit intern. The location is really nice. My interview lasted for 45mins. The vice president of the department took my interview. Questions started building up according to my resume. Then he discussed various skill set required for the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Had one 30 minute phone interview with two managers. Very straightforward for the most part. Asked about aspects of my resume and wanted to see if I understood the basics of their division.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First a 30 minute interview, then a two hour interview. Basic behavioral questions for the 30 minute interview. More in depth behavioral questions for the next interview. The two hours was 1 hour for technical and one for behavioral. Technical questions were about basic coding knowledge and certain terms regarding big topics in coding.

Interview Questions

• What is the problem with the following c++ code. describe encapsulation and other words. how would you design your friend's kitchen.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2015.

Interview

It was the worst experience I have ever had while applying to an internship. i applied for one job and got a phone call for an interview for a different job and then set up an interview with that job but never received the phone interview call. I then got ANOTHER interview and set up the in person interview which had to be bumped to a different day. It was just a mess and I ended up taking a different offer because of the unprofessionalism

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

talk to recruiter, interview. wasnt too hard but its not your typical interview, the people who do it are very very young

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Applied through campus career services site, then was asked to interview with human resources. Interviewer was very friendly and helpful on resume and interviewing tips. Asked a lot about past work experience and what I brought to each company I previously worked at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about our company (asked as soon as I sat down) What would your previous employers say you brought to the company that was unique?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

One in house interview. I spent the day rotating around different desks meeting people. Not really a formal interview, more of a meet and greet. I went in around March but did not receive the official offer until Memorial Day Weekend.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

very easy. Didn't ask me many question. The manager did ask some question about the business. Needed to show my knowledge about finance, time management, and so on. Very friendly interview environment. Like a conversation more than an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Tacoma, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, was then called two days later for an interview in three days. The interview was with two managers, standard open process: "name a time when you underperformed, when you have influenced someone." They didn't contact me for a month and a half and then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

I had other options lined up between the interview and the offer.