BNY Mellon

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.2

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

First a 30 minute interview, then a two hour interview. Basic behavioral questions for the 30 minute interview. More in depth behavioral questions for the next interview. The two hours was 1 hour for technical and one for behavioral. Technical questions were about basic coding knowledge and certain terms regarding big topics in coding.

Interview Questions
  • What is the problem with the following c++ code.
    describe encapsulation and other words.
    how would you design your friend's kitchen.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

talk to recruiter, interview. wasnt too hard but its not your typical interview, the people who do it are very very young

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Applied through campus career services site, then was asked to interview with human resources. Interviewer was very friendly and helpful on resume and interviewing tips. Asked a lot about past work experience and what I brought to each company I previously worked at.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about our company (asked as soon as I sat down)
      What would your previous employers say you brought to the company that was unique?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2013.

One in house interview. I spent the day rotating around different desks meeting people. Not really a formal interview, more of a meet and greet. I went in around March but did not receive the official offer until Memorial Day Weekend.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

very easy. Didn't ask me many question. The manager did ask some question about the business. Needed to show my knowledge about finance, time management, and so on. Very friendly interview environment. Like a conversation more than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2011.

Applied online, was then called two days later for an interview in three days. The interview was with two managers, standard open process: "name a time when you underperformed, when you have influenced someone." They didn't contact me for a month and a half and then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

I had other options lined up between the interview and the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Initially I interviewed with a managing director who came to my campus to conduct interviews. The interview was pretty straightforward, mostly questions about my resume. Then I was invited to interview at their office with several of the team members I would be working for. Again, these questions mostly revolved around my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you failed and what you learned about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Submitted my resume online, heard back from general HR a few weeks later. Pass the initial phone interview and was invited to office for second round. Spoke to the hiring manager and was offered the position a few weeks later. Accepted the offer on the spot. Positive experience overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2010.

2 phone interviews for the internship...not too demanding at all. About 5 minutes of "tell me about yourself," 15 minutes of "here's what we do," and 10 minutes for questions. Sort of weird because it seemed pretty easy to get, yet I applied to a bunch (30+) of different positions on their site and this was the first (and only) one I made it further than the application stage on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2010.

Interview was mostly behavioral. FIrst round completely not technical, second round was with 2 different panels and mostly behavioral, but a little technical (depending on desired position). Questions regarding team work, challenges, solutions, etc.

Interview Questions
    • what are 3 words used by your best friend, your professor, and your previous employer to describe you. Don't repeat any words.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.