BNY Mellon

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2013.

Interview Details – One in house interview. I spent the day rotating around different desks meeting people. Not really a formal interview, more of a meet and greet. I went in around March but did not receive the official offer until Memorial Day Weekend.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – talk to recruiter, interview. wasnt too hard but its not your typical interview, the people who do it are very very young

Interview Question – Tell me about being the new kid on the block   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Applied through campus career services site, then was asked to interview with human resources. Interviewer was very friendly and helpful on resume and interviewing tips. Asked a lot about past work experience and what I brought to each company I previously worked at.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about our company (asked as soon as I sat down)
What would your previous employers say you brought to the company that was unique?
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I interviewed with a managing director who came to my campus to conduct interviews. The interview was pretty straightforward, mostly questions about my resume. Then I was invited to interview at their office with several of the team members I would be working for. Again, these questions mostly revolved around my resume.

Interview Question – Describe a time you failed and what you learned about it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern

Interview Details – very easy. Didn't ask me many question. The manager did ask some question about the business. Needed to show my knowledge about finance, time management, and so on. Very friendly interview environment. Like a conversation more than an interview.

Interview Question – what is duration?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online, heard back from general HR a few weeks later. Pass the initial phone interview and was invited to office for second round. Spoke to the hiring manager and was offered the position a few weeks later. Accepted the offer on the spot. Positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, was then called two days later for an interview in three days. The interview was with two managers, standard open process: "name a time when you underperformed, when you have influenced someone." They didn't contact me for a month and a half and then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I had other options lined up between the interview and the offer.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2010.

Interview Details – Basic questions on the phone nothing too challenging. Interview process in the office consisted of 1 HR interview followed by interviewing with the two bosses that I would be working with. Process went smoothly and was all very conversational in nature. Got the offer in the end and acceded it

Interview Question – logic questions about right angles   Answer Question

Tacoma, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2008.

Interview Details – Not too difficult

Interview Question – What leadership skills do you have   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was mostly behavioral. FIrst round completely not technical, second round was with 2 different panels and mostly behavioral, but a little technical (depending on desired position). Questions regarding team work, challenges, solutions, etc.

Interview Question – what are 3 words used by your best friend, your professor, and your previous employer to describe you. Don't repeat any words.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!