BNY Mellon Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was Amazing. I had applied for Internal Audit intern. The location is really nice. My interview lasted for 45mins. The vice president of the department took my interview. Questions started building up according to my resume. Then he discussed various skill set required for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First a 30 minute interview, then a two hour interview. Basic behavioral questions for the 30 minute interview. More in depth behavioral questions for the next interview. The two hours was 1 hour for technical and one for behavioral. Technical questions were about basic coding knowledge and certain terms regarding big topics in coding.

Interview Questions

• What is the problem with the following c++ code. describe encapsulation and other words. how would you design your friend's kitchen.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2015.

Interview

It was the worst experience I have ever had while applying to an internship. i applied for one job and got a phone call for an interview for a different job and then set up an interview with that job but never received the phone interview call. I then got ANOTHER interview and set up the in person interview which had to be bumped to a different day. It was just a mess and I ended up taking a different offer because of the unprofessionalism

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

talk to recruiter, interview. wasnt too hard but its not your typical interview, the people who do it are very very young

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Applied through campus career services site, then was asked to interview with human resources. Interviewer was very friendly and helpful on resume and interviewing tips. Asked a lot about past work experience and what I brought to each company I previously worked at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about our company (asked as soon as I sat down) What would your previous employers say you brought to the company that was unique?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

They took me into a conference room and proceeded to ask questions about my background, interests, and hobbies. Overall, it was a fairly relaxed atmosphere and they asked questions off the top of their head. No notes were taken. There wasn't much structure to both the internship they described (such as the training process and the actual jobs it entailed) and the interview itself. The company was slow to reply to emails as well.

Interview Questions

• If your colleague didn't finish their tasks and there was a deadline coming up, would you finish it for them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

This is a first round interview with HR so the atmosphere is extremely friendly. Generally they only need to know who you are and what do you know about BNY etc. Even if you can't talk much, don't worry as the interviewer will talk a lot (introducing the job, the structure of BNY...) Very basic questions, nothing really tricky. They will try their best to encourage and praise you.

Intern Interview

Interview

received an email saying I was being selected as a candidate for the intern. two phone-interviews back to back for 30 minutes each. one is from MD and the second one is from VP.