BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Account Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I applied online and heard from a recruiter about setting up an interview within 2 weeks. I met with 3 supervisors in the department. They were very friendly and seemed like they thoroughly enjoyed working there. Made me feel very excited about the position and the company. I received an offer a little over two weeks after my interview.

Associate Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied directly to a BNY Mellon online job posting. I was contacted for an interview about two weeks later. I met with the hiring manager and one of the managers under him. We spoke for about an hour. It was very casual and free flowing. They primarily asked about my experience and also told me what the position entailed. I received an offer a week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked other than standard ones was "what are three things you would do on your first day?" Good question since many people take a job without really being prepared to start it.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

Submitted an application online. I was called and went in for an interview. Interviewed with a couple managers and got very basic questions. I was offered the position and accepted. Nothing as complicated as I would have expected from such a big bank. I believe that confidence played a big role in getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about experience related to the position.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

pretty standard behavioral, nothing too tricky. asked one question about market trends , first round was with HR and second round with manager and third round with higher management and team

Risk Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

one of Anonymous friend in job board helps me forward the resume.
    Then I get a call from HR two days later, set up 1 hour phone interview, going thorough resume.

Then I got onsite very soon. Ask some technical question and CV.

Still no results。

Interview Questions

• What's the technique to do variable selection.

Garch Model,

Linear Model assumption

Answer Question

AIS Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online via the company website. A month later I was called in for an interview. I went in for the interview and for the most part they were normal interview questions about past work experience and personality. The interview setting was also strange, there were 4 people from the company and myself which made for very awkward interaction.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First contact at a recruiting event. Was then contacted by phone for a brief screen, which consisted mostly of questions about previous experience and interest in the role, as well as some behavioral questions. Was then invited to an on-site interview. The on-site included two interviews with two people, roughly 45 minutes each. Those interviews were also a mix of behavioral and experience questions. Got an offer call the next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Interview was laid back. The manager I spoke to was very nice and made me feel comfortable to talk and ask questions myself. Its really a no pressure interview. Just answer any questions truthfully.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience. Have you been convicted of a crime? Are you comfortable handling avg 50 calls a day? Would you like to be a permanent employee after your temp to perm contract is finished, if eligible? Can you be on time for work as scheduled?   Answer Question

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very long took around 3 hours. Met with numerous people. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Talk a lot about what they were looking for in the company. Went along my resume and asked the role I played at each job. Also asked what type of person am I. Talked about working your way up. Overall a pretty good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Data Entry Oper III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Richardson, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I first took a 10-key assessment test. Once that was passed, I was asked to come in for a second interview the next day. I was interviewed by a supervisor for the 2nd interview where the basic functions of the job where covered. Then I was asked a few interview questions and afterwards I was taken on a tour of the work area. Later that afternoon, I received an email with an offer for the job.