BNY Mellon

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interviewing process was horrible. I had a phone interview with 2 managers and then was called in for an in person interview with 3 people. A week after interview I received a phone call from HR asking my interest level and to verify my salary requirements along with telling me I received positive feedback and that management was just deciding were area to place everyone. A week and half after that HR called again that they wanted me to come back in and meet with 2 different managers. 3 days after that interview HR called to tell me that they would not be offering me the job because I did not have enough experience. Why bring someone in for multiple interviews when they do not have enough experience?

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

First a 30 minute interview, then a two hour interview. Basic behavioral questions for the 30 minute interview. More in depth behavioral questions for the next interview. The two hours was 1 hour for technical and one for behavioral. Technical questions were about basic coding knowledge and certain terms regarding big topics in coding.

Interview Questions
    • What is the problem with the following c++ code.
      describe encapsulation and other words.
      how would you design your friend's kitchen.

Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

I had a personal connection with one of the MDs who forwarded my credentials around. I filled out an application via the online portal and was contacted within a week to set up an interview. The interview was in Brooklyn by the VPs of several account teams. It lasts about an hour and a half and I completed 3-4 interviews in the day. I was called with an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations on an entry level position

Vice President Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

First was a face to face. Then had 4 rounds over phone. And at the last written test. And I was told that my written test did not meet the expectations of the manager. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • 1. When to use MQ over webservices.
      2. When to use SOAP over REST.
      3. Have you used Materialized view.
      4. Why JQuery was different among all.
      5. What are the key points for doing code review.
      6. What is the architecture of current/previous project.
      7. How will you return a result set from a stored procedure.
      8. What is the difference between response.sendredirect and forward
      9. What are the benefits of using spring framework.
      10. what is IOC in spring.
      11. How to write transaction using jdbc.
      12. Do you prefer to write code/ Can you code.
      13. What is difference between runtimeexception and checked exception

Written Test
      1. Write the code to send a message to MQ topic.
      2. Write function to reverse string using recursive function.
      3. Write code to return top 5 amount from salary table.
      4. Write select query to convert rows into columns (using PIVOT)

View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Overall process was not bad. Had an on campus interview and was invited for super day which is at their headquarters for final round. Looking for strong computer science background and make sure you can commute or find housing in New York

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Applied through on campus recruiting and interviewed with HR. That part went fine and was flown in for the super day. Once I got there, I was being asked questions that were not suited for my skill set. My interviewer made my life miserable for that whole hour and he knew that I couldn't answer these questions. My recruiter acknowledged that I was being asked questions that were not suited for me after I finished. Overall, it was a stressful day that was wasted for both parties. Not sure what he was thinking at all.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Mistakes: It's easy to get sidetracked by a variety of factors during the interviewing process. Discover the largest pitfalls for interviewers and how to avoid them.
    Panel Interviews: Read about the most effective methods for carrying out panel interviews and when you might want to use them as part of your interviewing process.

Account Administrator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

There was no interview which took me by surprise. I went through a staffing agency called Modis. They asked if I would be interested, along with some basic questions and sent in my resume on my behalf. I was called back by the Modis recruiter within two weeks saying BNY Mellon wanted to make an offer for an Account Administrator W-2 contract to hire.

Interview Questions
    • What is your skill level with Microsoft Office applications?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase since it was for a contract position.

Leadership Development Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA
    Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Applied through career fair, got an interview opportunity on campus 1:1, the recruiter was nice and the questions were just behavioral, there was a written problem on how to solve the problem of client crowding the banking management system.

Interview Questions
    • basic behavior questions, tell me the development cycle of a software, and a written problem about how to speed up database.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Programmer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

First interview was via phone, next interview was a technical interview with a senior person. After you pass these two interviews you have interview with the manager and a senior manager. The process can be done in one day or spread of two or more days. Depending on the availability of the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Have you installed z/OS?
      What way did you installed Service Pack, System Pack or CBPDO?
      Have you installed a z Systems? If yes what one? What experience do you have BC12 or EC12?
      What ISV products do you have experience using and installing?

Answer Question
    Their offer was what I was asking for so I accept the position.