BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA).

Interview

Phone screen first. Then someone calls to tell you a little more about the position and helps schedule the interview. On the day of the interview, meet with HR for about 15 minutes and then meet with several (2-3) supervisors/managers all at once. They have a list of questions they ask everyone that wants to work for BNY Mellon.

Interview Questions

• Q: How good are you with Microsoft Office? Q: Name a time when you had something extensive to read and had to make an urgent decision. Q: Name a time when you had to do something mundane and how you motivated yourself to complete it.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Face to Face interview process with 4 individual managers from various servicing groups within this group. All brought a different set of perspectives to this process and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Experience within the field Knowledge of products the bank services   1 Answer

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Newport Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Relaxed, friendly, informative. They focused mainly on systems analysis questions that dealt with fund accounting. They asked about my experience and for me to provide examples of my accomplishments. They also asked questions of dealing with change and how to handle those who resist it.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Met briefly with two scheduled people -15 minutes. One person was prepared for the interview, had my resume and asked intelligent, job related questions, very professional. The other person was not prepared for the interview and was reading the resume for the first time. If a candidate takes the time to come in and meet with you, at least take the time to read the person's resume before you start the interview. Both people were rushed through the interview process and someone came knocking on the door telling them their "time limit was up". With this going on, what is a candidate to think about the work environment ? They know their audit schedule and could have rescheduled the interviews at a time when they were not rushed. There was a third unscheduled person who asked the most unusual questions, details about data center operations that would apply if I were applying for a computer operations position. Then I was left waiting for the auditor in charge. The four people I met with were very nice but it was the most unusual and disappointing interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked by one unscheduled person were weird -tell me what kind of JCL commands are used; how do you compute DASD , some questions on specific cobol programming code and questions along the line. My answers were noted and graded by this person.   1 Answer

ESO Processing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was via a recruiter through a 3rd party company. The phone interview took 15-20 minutes and was a range of normal background questions to availability. Overall experience was a good one.

Customer Processing Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

interviewed with two physical people and another person was on a virtual screen in florida and interviewed me as well. The interviewer was very lax and made me comfortable so I was not to nervous. The questions were general and all fairly easy to answer. Nothing out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• Greatest strengths and greatest weaknesses.   1 Answer

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Process didn't take that long. Got a call from a phone screener telling me all about the job and my previous employers and what my role was with them. Then the HR called me from the actual location to set up an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you and a co worker had a disagreement and how was it resolved ?   Answer Question

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a quick interview with two managers in the Loan department. They were extremely friendly and we spoke for awhile after the interview ended. They picked a vacant meeting room and we had a very laid back conversation about my past work experience, achievements in college, etc...

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you had to face adversity and came out better because of it?   Answer Question

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview last week then an onsite interview is settled one week after it. It took about four hours from 7 interviewers. This position does not require any finance background. I am pure statistician and they demand strong statitical skills and idea to deal with data.

Interview Questions

• random choose two points in a line, the probability of constructing a triangle how to do variable selection how to deal with multicollinity how to deal with missing data   Answer Question

Account Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I applied online and heard from a recruiter about setting up an interview within 2 weeks. I met with 3 supervisors in the department. They were very friendly and seemed like they thoroughly enjoyed working there. Made me feel very excited about the position and the company. I received an offer a little over two weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer