BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.6

ESO Processing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process was via a recruiter through a 3rd party company. The phone interview took 15-20 minutes and was a range of normal background questions to availability. Overall experience was a good one.

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview last week then an onsite interview is settled one week after it. It took about four hours from 7 interviewers. This position does not require any finance background. I am pure statistician and they demand strong statitical skills and idea to deal with data.

Interview Questions

• random choose two points in a line, the probability of constructing a triangle how to do variable selection how to deal with multicollinity how to deal with missing data   Answer Question

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Process didn't take that long. Got a call from a phone screener telling me all about the job and my previous employers and what my role was with them. Then the HR called me from the actual location to set up an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you and a co worker had a disagreement and how was it resolved ?   Answer Question

Account Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

I applied online and heard from a recruiter about setting up an interview within 2 weeks. I met with 3 supervisors in the department. They were very friendly and seemed like they thoroughly enjoyed working there. Made me feel very excited about the position and the company. I received an offer a little over two weeks after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Associate Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied directly to a BNY Mellon online job posting. I was contacted for an interview about two weeks later. I met with the hiring manager and one of the managers under him. We spoke for about an hour. It was very casual and free flowing. They primarily asked about my experience and also told me what the position entailed. I received an offer a week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked other than standard ones was "what are three things you would do on your first day?" Good question since many people take a job without really being prepared to start it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2015.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. I was asked to describe certain scenarios where I have demonstrated the skills needed for the job. It was 2 on 1, I met with the manager and a supervisor. Overall, the questions were simple to answer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online recruiter contacted me within few days. Interviewed with them and met two people for an hour each . Received a call from HR saying they want to hire you and no second round was needed. Entire process took a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Lake Mary, FL).

Interview

Submitted an application online. I was called and went in for an interview. Interviewed with a couple managers and got very basic questions. I was offered the position and accepted. Nothing as complicated as I would have expected from such a big bank. I believe that confidence played a big role in getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about experience related to the position.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

pretty standard behavioral, nothing too tricky. asked one question about market trends , first round was with HR and second round with manager and third round with higher management and team

Risk Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

one of Anonymous friend in job board helps me forward the resume. Then I get a call from HR two days later, set up 1 hour phone interview, going thorough resume. Then I got onsite very soon. Ask some technical question and CV. Still no results。

Interview Questions

• What's the technique to do variable selection. Garch Model, Linear Model assumption   Answer Question