BNY Mellon

358 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straight forward, I was first contacted by the recruiter, about a week later I had an interview with three senior managers back to back each lasting about a half hour. Two weeks after that I had HR call with an offer.

Interview Question – This was an entry level position so the questions were geared more towards my education and why Mellon.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate but couldn't get a higher offer.

Alternative Investments Administrator Interview

Alternative Investments Administrator

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – Interview over the phone because of long distance. They were very interested in Excel expertise. After the interview process, everything was handled through the HR department. Interview process was very minimal.

Interview Question – After multiple years in the workforce I was surprised to still be asked my GPA.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate anything.

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Quality Control Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the Site Manager and the group manager for about a half hour. It was pretty informal and laid back. There was not much emphasis on qualifications. More of a personality evaluation. The main thing that I believe helped was being personable and being able to handle questions without hesitation. There is no second interview, it is a one shot deal in the site manager's office. Even though no one on the floor is in a suit and tie, everyone that interviews is expected to do so for the interview. References are a must though. They called 4/6 of the references I have (3 professional and 1 of the 3 personal)

Interview Question – They asked for an example of a time when someone you were working with was not pulling their weight. How did you react and was the issue resolved?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was take it or leave it at $14/hour. Was fine with this since plenty of over time

Account Analyst Interview

Account Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – I was asked to walk through my resume, describe relevant job and internship experience. HR gives the interviewers a list of questions, like "What is your greatest weakness" and "Describe an instance in which you overcame a problem" but a lot of the managers won't ask them because they think it's a waste of their time. There were no technical or industry specific questions, which surprised me.

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate and you can get at least $1000 more. I definitely dropped the ball on that one because I figured since they knew my last salary, I couldn't get more than what they offered. From asking around, I was wrong.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2013.

Interview Details – One in house interview. I spent the day rotating around different desks meeting people. Not really a formal interview, more of a meet and greet. I went in around March but did not receive the official offer until Memorial Day Weekend.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Corporate Trust Administrator
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got the job thru recruiter. Group interview. My interview was scheduled for three interviwers but end up only two. It was original a rotation interview but end up both interviewers joined and asking all questions. I was very relaxed and A all answers. They offered the job right after the interview.

Interview Question – What is the function of Corporate Trust?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, 2 In person interview. 2 week wait after resume submission, 3 weeks between first and second round, 3rd round pushed because of hurricane sandy however an HR shuffle made the process unnerving

Interview Question – How would you cope with working with a boss in another location. What difficulties do you foresee and how would you effectively manage your work relationship   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation when you are an internal candicate

Corporate Trust Associate Interview

Corporate Trust Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – It was a one round interview. The questions were mainly behavioral. Decent entry level position, but it takes a lot to move throughout the organization. The skills you will develop will need to be expanded glamourized a bit when applying for future roles. Most of the people there are happy with their current role and not looking for more responsibility.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had issues with a team member and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no leverage because it was my first role.

Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was very relaxed, one on one with a team supervisor and the hiring manager (although in my particular case, he was out for the day). Took place in a private conference room and lasted roughly 30 minutes. Primarily a conversation; wanted to figure out if I would fit into the group atmosphere. Also discussed proficiency in Microsoft Excel (this is imperative to the job) and general understanding of the financial industry as a whole (less imperative, but still important - you will be trained thoroughly on these subjects).

Interview Question – How do you present/deliver difficult information to clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is an entry-level position, do not expect to negotiate.

Tax Specialist Interview

Tax Specialist
East Syracuse, NY

I applied online - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through BNY Mellon's website received a call to interview a couple of days later. Interview was scheduled for the following week. Interview went extremely well and both gentlemen who interviewed me were easy to speak to and courteous.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were routine but I always think that when they ask "what is your greatest weakness" is challenging.   View Answer

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!