BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.6

Call Center Representative Temp to Perm Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Interview was laid back. The manager I spoke to was very nice and made me feel comfortable to talk and ask questions myself. Its really a no pressure interview. Just answer any questions truthfully.

Interview Questions

• Do you have customer service experience. Have you been convicted of a crime? Are you comfortable handling avg 50 calls a day? Would you like to be a permanent employee after your temp to perm contract is finished, if eligible? Can you be on time for work as scheduled?   Answer Question

Derivatives Operations Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

The interveiw last 1 hour and I met two person. The first person went through my resume and asked some question about my work experience. He told me the important skills for this position are communication, teamwork, detail-oriented and had relevant experience

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and the questions were mainly behavioral in nature. There were no tech questions in the first interview. The interviewer was very nice, so it was a little bit more like having a conversation.

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Pretty easy, laid back interview process. Questions in the technical interview were very diverse; front end to back end to systems design etc. the behavioral interview was just a bunch of questions aimed at figuring out how you think and how you approach day to day problems. Everyone I met there were extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. The entire process took rather long, something like 3 - 4 weeks.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Very welcoming . Met with 3 managers followed by the VP of the department. All very friendly. Asked basic background questions and very thoroughly about my resume, such as what you did and how it would help you in this role. Overall not very a difficult interview. Just come prepared knowing you resume in and out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you went beyond expectations?   Answer Question

Model Risk Validation Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

1st round: on site with three people. One is the head of risk management department, one is VP of validation team with PhD degree in math, and the other is a senior analysts with a PhD in statistics.
    2nd round: phone interview with the head of validation team, MEF background.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview with two of the members in the their internal audit department. It was mostly an interview going over my resume experience, so be able to explain all your resume information. They also asked why I wanted this specific position so know the description of the position and what the job entails.

Interview Questions

• What do you believes makes you a good fit for this internship?   1 Answer

Market Risk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Employee referral. First rounds in office with MD- quant focused questions. Second round with two MDs and analyst. Questions on the markets, why finance and problem solving techniques.
    They told me about the work I would do as an intern, potential projects etc.

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad. I was interviewed by the head manager and the guy I would directly be working for. They had a list of questions in front of them that they used. It was mostly just behavioral type questions. I am straight out of college so I don't have any experience, so the only job related questions they asked me was "what do you know about corporate trust?"

Interview Questions

• What was one time you did something that other people disagreed with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was Amazing. I had applied for Internal Audit intern. The location is really nice. My interview lasted for 45mins. The vice president of the department took my interview. Questions started building up according to my resume. Then he discussed various skill set required for the position.