BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.6

Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

The interview was fairly easy and the questions were mainly behavioral in nature. There were no tech questions in the first interview. The interviewer was very nice, so it was a little bit more like having a conversation.

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Pretty easy, laid back interview process. Questions in the technical interview were very diverse; front end to back end to systems design etc. the behavioral interview was just a bunch of questions aimed at figuring out how you think and how you approach day to day problems. Everyone I met there were extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. The entire process took rather long, something like 3 - 4 weeks.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Very welcoming . Met with 3 managers followed by the VP of the department. All very friendly. Asked basic background questions and very thoroughly about my resume, such as what you did and how it would help you in this role. Overall not very a difficult interview. Just come prepared knowing you resume in and out.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you went beyond expectations?   Answer Question

Model Risk Validation Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

1st round: on site with three people. One is the head of risk management department, one is VP of validation team with PhD degree in math, and the other is a senior analysts with a PhD in statistics.
    2nd round: phone interview with the head of validation team, MEF background.

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2015.

The interview wasn't bad. I was interviewed by the head manager and the guy I would directly be working for. They had a list of questions in front of them that they used. It was mostly just behavioral type questions. I am straight out of college so I don't have any experience, so the only job related questions they asked me was "what do you know about corporate trust?"

Interview Questions
    • What was one time you did something that other people disagreed with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2015.

It was a 30 minute phone interview with two of the members in the their internal audit department. It was mostly an interview going over my resume experience, so be able to explain all your resume information. They also asked why I wanted this specific position so know the description of the position and what the job entails.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believes makes you a good fit for this internship?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interviewing process was horrible. I had a phone interview with 2 managers and then was called in for an in person interview with 3 people. A week after interview I received a phone call from HR asking my interest level and to verify my salary requirements along with telling me I received positive feedback and that management was just deciding were area to place everyone. A week and half after that HR called again that they wanted me to come back in and meet with 2 different managers. 3 days after that interview HR called to tell me that they would not be offering me the job because I did not have enough experience. Why bring someone in for multiple interviews when they do not have enough experience?

Vice President Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

First was a face to face. Then had 4 rounds over phone. And at the last written test. And I was told that my written test did not meet the expectations of the manager. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • 1. When to use MQ over webservices.
      2. When to use SOAP over REST.
      3. Have you used Materialized view.
      4. Why JQuery was different among all.
      5. What are the key points for doing code review.
      6. What is the architecture of current/previous project.
      7. How will you return a result set from a stored procedure.
      8. What is the difference between response.sendredirect and forward
      9. What are the benefits of using spring framework.
      10. what is IOC in spring.
      11. How to write transaction using jdbc.
      12. Do you prefer to write code/ Can you code.
      13. What is difference between runtimeexception and checked exception

Written Test
      1. Write the code to send a message to MQ topic.
      2. Write function to reverse string using recursive function.
      3. Write code to return top 5 amount from salary table.
      4. Write select query to convert rows into columns (using PIVOT)

View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

First a 30 minute interview, then a two hour interview. Basic behavioral questions for the 30 minute interview. More in depth behavioral questions for the next interview. The two hours was 1 hour for technical and one for behavioral. Technical questions were about basic coding knowledge and certain terms regarding big topics in coding.

Interview Questions
    • What is the problem with the following c++ code.
      describe encapsulation and other words.
      how would you design your friend's kitchen.

Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

I had a personal connection with one of the MDs who forwarded my credentials around. I filled out an application via the online portal and was contacted within a week to set up an interview. The interview was in Brooklyn by the VPs of several account teams. It lasts about an hour and a half and I completed 3-4 interviews in the day. I was called with an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations on an entry level position