BNY Mellon

323 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Vice President Accounting Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2010.

Interview Details – The process is pretty standard. I interviewed with the department manager and was called back to interview with the director.

Interview Question – I don't recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer there was little negotiation.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Typical interview process in corporate. Submit resume online, receive a call from HR and then meet with person hiring for the position.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. No surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR group does the salary offer so you go back and forth with them. For me, they made the offer, I went back about $10,000 higher and they met me halfway. Once the offer is made they make it clear that you must pass the drug test before it is official and you have only a certain period of time to have the test. The process was pretty standard for this kind of company.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy. It is done through a staffing agency, who will ask you a few basic questions. Then, the interview with the hiring manager is very straight forward. He will explain the position in detail and ask if you can handle the position. Then, he will allow you to ask questions.

Interview Question – Explain why you would be good at this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The pay is set at $14 per hour.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Cypress, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had to go through a temp agency and an interview, drug test, backround check. Then once I got hired through the company I went through it again.

Interview Question – There were a few, I cant remember, but if you stay genuine you should be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Im not good at negotiating so I just took what i got. Which was more than I had ever been offered

Administrator Interview

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – The interview process was very demanding. The company wanted to fight lower and lower when negotiating salary. Also, the company wanted me to begin employment a month before graduation even began. Certainly this would not be a problem, however I would practically be working minimum wage. Additionally, I have heard very unfavorable criticisms regarding the work environment.

Interview Question – Tell me three things about your internship that are not on your resume?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

FAA NAV Ops Accountant Interview

Westborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online got emailed into the office for an interview. Interviewed with two people and fairly basic questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about financial accounting?   Answer Question

Senior Corporate Actions Specialist Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Nothing terribly taxing....Excel knowledge is a plus. Standard questions are generally asked. The number of interviewers varies as at times....usually, it's 1-2 people.

Negotiation Details – No wiggle room...."it's not in the budget"

Insurance Accounting Analyst Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Interviewed and got a call back within 2 weeks

Interview Question – What would you do if you won the lottery   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Lateral Movement, refused to up my pay.

Business Analyst Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was different than the normal process as I spoke directly with the hiring director. First phone interview was with the hiring director followed by another interview with two managers under the director. I was called a few days later with an offer which I countered. They accepted my counter offer without issue.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Applied and didn't get a response for nearly 6 months. After getting a phone call back they asked for me to reapply. See, often the Account Managers sit on a pile of resumes and sift through them when their workload is lighter in the middle of the month. Remember, if they bring you in they have to like you, because the majority of new hires are often brought in as temps and make their way into the company that way.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your old job? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isnt!

Interviews for Top Jobs at BNY Mellon

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon interview questions and advice. All 323 interview reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees and interview candidates.