BNY Mellon

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.5

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Started with phone screening -- 5 minute call. Then a 60 minute phone interview. Traveled to NYC and interviewed with hiring manager. Then traveled to Pittsburgh and interviewed with 4 direct reports.

Get salary, bonus, relocation, incentives, and job description in writing. Sounds like a non sequitur but I found that things they told me to be "givens" turned out later to have contingencies. Like the signing bonus was not available for 3 years.

Security Interview

One interview on the phone, one in person. Standard interviewing questions and this depends on who you have doing the review. Pre-employment standard drug screening and background check. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Met recruiter at local job fair. She called me to come in for an interview. The interview was very basic as it was an entry level position

I heard back a month or so later with a job offer.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

I applied through the company web side as a current employee, the process took a couple days. The company recruiter contacted me scheduling a phone interview. HR didn't scheduled a conference room

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

A lot of behavior based questions. Some are expected as with any interview, but theirs is an overkill.
    You must sign in with security desk before being escorted to HR. During the interview, be candid open and honest about your experience and expectations; always is best policy. The interview itself will be pretty brief.

Interview Questions
    • Any behavioral question is unexpected. You can't really prepare for those. My advice is to just be yourself.   Answer Question
    Minimal

Graduate Co-Op Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

I apply through company's website. HR called me within a week and asked me about the time and interview date. It was a 30 minute phone interview, the questions were quite easy but he asked me some really difficult questions about a project in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, probability questions (dice)
      -How can I simulate from an unknown distribution using Monte Carlo methods?
      -How can I understand if my statistical model is good?

Answer Question

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Hiring Manager asked a few questions regarding my background. Then Relationship Manager asked a few questions regarding my transactions understanding and history. I could tell the goal was to figure out if i would need training. very busy office, many different "jobs" within a title

Interview Questions
    • Describe my last role - basically, tell me how you can do this job independently   Answer Question
    Offered salary within a band from HR via phone call.

Securities Settlement Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2014.

I applied through monster.com and was in talks with a recruiter through another company. The recruiter got me the interview with BNY. The interview was pretty standard. Job related questions and personal attribute questions. The man I was meeting with was quite angry that I showed up early, that really confused me.

Interview Questions
    • What's your biggest weakness? Very standard, but always difficult.   Answer Question

I received another job offer.

Technology Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2014.

Applied online through campus career services site and got a video interview. Questions were alright, nothing too bad, consisting of semi-technical (no actual programming) and behavioral questions. Confidence is definitely key. I didn't do particularly well in answering one of the questions, but I stayed grounded and friendly and got a final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly standard, like how you would go about resolving a conflict within a group setting   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

I applied online. A recruiter got back to me a few days later. We scheduled an interview at the Brooklyn, NY back office. This took place in a span of two weeks. The questions were easy and a team of people will interview you. I had 4 people back to back interview me - some engaging, some not. Fund Accounting is a back office job, so don't confuse this for Wolf of Wall St or anything remotely close to that.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions.

Tell us about yourself.
      Why do you want to be a Fund Accountant?
      What makes you a good candidate?
      How comfortable are you with MS Suite?
      Why BNY Mellon?