BNY Mellon

Average Difficulty
353 candidate interviews

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straight forward, I was first contacted by the recruiter, about a week later I had an interview with three senior managers back to back each lasting about a half hour. Two weeks after that I had HR call with an offer.

Interview Question – This was an entry level position so the questions were geared more towards my education and why Mellon.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate but couldn't get a higher offer.

Transfer Agency Administrator Interview

Transfer Agency Administrator

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruitment agency representative. I was informed of the when, where and who involving the interview, there was also a list of requirements i.e. dress style, have relevant questions prepared. The interview took place in their offices. I was expecting to meet with two managers of the department but instead two supervisors greeted me and showed me to the room. I was made feel at ease immediately. They explained to me the process of them asking competency based questions and recording my answers along with a grade and at the end they would add up all the grades and it would be passed along to the H.R department. One asked the queestions whilst the other wrote down my answers, which can be somewhat distracting as I had to keep repeating my answer over and over until it was recorder properly. The questions consisted of my knowledge of the company, then more specific knowledge of the role applied for including tasks involved and regulations that applied to the role. I was also given competency based questions relating to team work, leadership and communication. At the end of the interview I was given a chance to ask any questions that I might have had.

Interview Question – I was asked if I knew any legislation that related to the department i.e. Transfer Agency   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Corporate Trust Administrator
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got the job thru recruiter. Group interview. My interview was scheduled for three interviwers but end up only two. It was original a rotation interview but end up both interviewers joined and asking all questions. I was very relaxed and A all answers. They offered the job right after the interview.

Interview Question – What is the function of Corporate Trust?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, 2 In person interview. 2 week wait after resume submission, 3 weeks between first and second round, 3rd round pushed because of hurricane sandy however an HR shuffle made the process unnerving

Interview Question – How would you cope with working with a boss in another location. What difficulties do you foresee and how would you effectively manage your work relationship   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation when you are an internal candicate

Corporate Trust Associate Interview

Corporate Trust Associate
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – It was a one round interview. The questions were mainly behavioral. Decent entry level position, but it takes a lot to move throughout the organization. The skills you will develop will need to be expanded glamourized a bit when applying for future roles. Most of the people there are happy with their current role and not looking for more responsibility.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had issues with a team member and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no leverage because it was my first role.

Trade Capture Administrative Interview

Trade Capture Administrative
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview (screening)
1 face to face interview
1 Maths test

Phone interview - Relaxed discussion with a member of the HR team. Discussion aimed around knowledge of the company.

Face to face - interviewed by 2 people. Had to provide a 5 min presentation of a personal achievement, was advised to avoid the topic of completing a degree. Interviewers were polite.

Maths test - general math knowledge test, examples available online

Interview Question – How would you deal with conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward, was an entry level position

Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was very relaxed, one on one with a team supervisor and the hiring manager (although in my particular case, he was out for the day). Took place in a private conference room and lasted roughly 30 minutes. Primarily a conversation; wanted to figure out if I would fit into the group atmosphere. Also discussed proficiency in Microsoft Excel (this is imperative to the job) and general understanding of the financial industry as a whole (less imperative, but still important - you will be trained thoroughly on these subjects).

Interview Question – How do you present/deliver difficult information to clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is an entry-level position, do not expect to negotiate.

Tax Specialist Interview

Tax Specialist
East Syracuse, NY

I applied online - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through BNY Mellon's website received a call to interview a couple of days later. Interview was scheduled for the following week. Interview went extremely well and both gentlemen who interviewed me were easy to speak to and courteous.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were routine but I always think that when they ask "what is your greatest weakness" is challenging.   View Answer

Intern Global Client Management Interview

Intern Global Client Management
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, then received a call a few weeks later from HR asking to set up an interview. Then I interviewed with the associate and they said I would be moving to second round with the managing director. I didn't hear much for 1 month and then HR called me with an offer. It was a bit disorganized.

Interview Question – Name a time where you overcame a challenge? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Very easy. Basic. Spent more time talking about random stuff.

Interview Question – There was none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at BNY Mellon

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon interview questions and advice. All 353 interview reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees and interview candidates.