BNY Mellon

Average Difficulty
360 candidate interviews

Intern - Hourly Interview

Intern - Hourly

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – I sent my resume after seeing a posting at school. I received a call two days later from a recruiter and we spoke for about fifteen minutes. We set up an interview for a few days later. The interview was in two parts, but it was very laid back. Both of the interviewers did not seem to really care because they were not really involved (I haven't seen either of them in the office...ever). After the interview I did not know how to feel, but the recruiter called me back within three days and gave me the offer. I had two days to accept and go take a drug test. After that I did not hear anything until my start date.

Interview Question – The two interviewers had packets that they read the questions from. Neither of the packets really related to anything I do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

AIS FUND ACCOUNTANT II Interview

AIS FUND ACCOUNTANT II

I applied online and interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Long and cumbersome check. Good interview that made company seem better than it is in reality. Positive and energetic interview but I don't believe the real culture is positive and energetic. Rather stagnant and cost cutting obsessed to the detriment of morale.

Interview Question – Usual questions in relation to deadlines. Rather textbook and unimaginative.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation re package

Alternative Investments Administrator Interview

Alternative Investments Administrator

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – Interview over the phone because of long distance. They were very interested in Excel expertise. After the interview process, everything was handled through the HR department. Interview process was very minimal.

Interview Question – After multiple years in the workforce I was surprised to still be asked my GPA.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate anything.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Analyst Interview

Account Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – I was asked to walk through my resume, describe relevant job and internship experience. HR gives the interviewers a list of questions, like "What is your greatest weakness" and "Describe an instance in which you overcame a problem" but a lot of the managers won't ask them because they think it's a waste of their time. There were no technical or industry specific questions, which surprised me.

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate and you can get at least $1000 more. I definitely dropped the ball on that one because I figured since they knew my last salary, I couldn't get more than what they offered. From asking around, I was wrong.

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Quality Control Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the Site Manager and the group manager for about a half hour. It was pretty informal and laid back. There was not much emphasis on qualifications. More of a personality evaluation. The main thing that I believe helped was being personable and being able to handle questions without hesitation. There is no second interview, it is a one shot deal in the site manager's office. Even though no one on the floor is in a suit and tie, everyone that interviews is expected to do so for the interview. References are a must though. They called 4/6 of the references I have (3 professional and 1 of the 3 personal)

Interview Question – They asked for an example of a time when someone you were working with was not pulling their weight. How did you react and was the issue resolved?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was take it or leave it at $14/hour. Was fine with this since plenty of over time

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Lead Business Analyst

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – I was hired on full time from my previous internship role so the process was for formality reasons only. The questions they asked were very standard and didn't get to any technical details as it was entry level.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing, it was an entry level position so it was take it or leave it

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2013.

Interview Details – One in house interview. I spent the day rotating around different desks meeting people. Not really a formal interview, more of a meet and greet. I went in around March but did not receive the official offer until Memorial Day Weekend.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – The interview process was very straight forward, I was first contacted by the recruiter, about a week later I had an interview with three senior managers back to back each lasting about a half hour. Two weeks after that I had HR call with an offer.

Interview Question – This was an entry level position so the questions were geared more towards my education and why Mellon.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate but couldn't get a higher offer.

Transfer Agency Administrator Interview

Transfer Agency Administrator

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruitment agency representative. I was informed of the when, where and who involving the interview, there was also a list of requirements i.e. dress style, have relevant questions prepared. The interview took place in their offices. I was expecting to meet with two managers of the department but instead two supervisors greeted me and showed me to the room. I was made feel at ease immediately. They explained to me the process of them asking competency based questions and recording my answers along with a grade and at the end they would add up all the grades and it would be passed along to the H.R department. One asked the queestions whilst the other wrote down my answers, which can be somewhat distracting as I had to keep repeating my answer over and over until it was recorder properly. The questions consisted of my knowledge of the company, then more specific knowledge of the role applied for including tasks involved and regulations that applied to the role. I was also given competency based questions relating to team work, leadership and communication. At the end of the interview I was given a chance to ask any questions that I might have had.

Interview Question – I was asked if I knew any legislation that related to the department i.e. Transfer Agency   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Corporate Trust Administrator
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got the job thru recruiter. Group interview. My interview was scheduled for three interviwers but end up only two. It was original a rotation interview but end up both interviewers joined and asking all questions. I was very relaxed and A all answers. They offered the job right after the interview.

Interview Question – What is the function of Corporate Trust?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!