BNY Mellon

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.6

AIS Operations Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Applied online, got an email the next few days telling me to go to their office to do an interview.
    Went there, did the interview lasted about half-hour. Mostly telling me what the positions was and a couple questions about me. Thought I had a great interview but, they rejected me.

Hours 8pm-12am ( Seconds Shift)

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2013.

Contacted by Recruiter for phone interview. She set-up the in person interview. Met with 1 person (Managing Director) for in-person interview. Didn't have to meet anyone else. Received an offer via phone call. I was able to negotiate for a slightly higher pay rate.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about some of your experiences that make you a strong candidate for this role.   Answer Question
    HR person contacted me via phone to provide the offer. I countered with a higher number.

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview process took extremely long. Applied to the position through the career website and got an interview a month later. Interview went extremely well (5 different people). I got offered the position a month after the interview took place. They took too long to offer me the position, by the time they did I had already accepted a position elsewhere.

Interview Questions
    • What are your long term goals?
      What do you know about the position?

Answer Question

Alternative Investment Services - Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Spoke with HR over the phone for an interview scheduling in Somerset, New Jersey.
    Met up with the Alternative Investment Services Team Manager.
    The office was relatively empty considering how big the space was.
    Was a comfortable 1:1 interview. This was not 'Goldman Sachs' dress up office, it was very laid back and casual environment.

Questions asked:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. Why should I hire you over other candidates
    3. Salary expectation

HR asked me to prepare for 1 hour interview, but it lasted about 15 minutes.
    From there, I knew I did not get the job.

CT Operations Manager Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

In person interview with a couple managers took about 20 minutes. Conference call the next day with managers again and a couple other directors located in Dallas TX. This one was a little more in-depth about leadership style.

Interview Questions
    • if you were a kitchen appliance, which one would you be?   Answer Question
    Company made a reasonable salary offer. No negotiating

Operations Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Job Profile-

· Basic understanding of Financial Industry

· Willingness to work in complete Night shifts

· Openness to work overtime (if required by the process)

· Basic Understanding of Mutual Fund & Corporate action( Like Dividend & Spilt ) & Reconciliation.

Investment Accountant Interview

I attended an open house where I was interviewed the same day. A few days later I was called with an offer. The salary was a bit below what I wanted but it was my first job after graduation.

Interview Questions
    • There were basic interview questions like what are your strength and weakness   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon in August 2013.

Very straightforward interview, they asked about my previous job experience and how it was relevant to the job I was applying for. They also asked about strengths/weaknesses and general get to know you questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you took a risk at work, and how did it pay off or fail?   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate and they offered me more money.

Assistant Portfolio Manager Interview

Interview questions were not too difficult. Phone interview with HR recruiter then met with 4 Portfolio Managers over 2 separate interviews. The PMs really wanted to see the candidate's personalities and communication styles.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2010.

Called in on an interview to write and update Policies and Procedures using the latest updates to Federal Regulations. Involved several departments with different levels of skills and tools. It turned out the interview was for technical manuals, and developer and programming procedures with little actual policy and procedural writing.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked specific technical questions from each department. There were 5 experts in different skill levels (Policy, Legal, Developers, System people, Business people) and each one wanted me to be expert in each of their fields. Technical Writers cannot possibly be experts in many fields. We reflect source information, not create it.   View Answer

I felt the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) did not really know what they wanted.