BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

It was very easy. All they wanted is to get to know you as a person. They asked about why I wanted to work in this position and why I was leaving my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type of interview. Tell us about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2013.

Interview

It was quite straight forward, the interview was presented in mandarin and english. one round interview. Lasted for an hour. Mainly focus on CV. The team manager and associate interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• how would I tackle difficult customers   1 Answer

Trust Administrative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was via a recruiter through a 3rd party company. The phone interview took 15-20 minutes and was a range of normal background questions to availability. Overall experience was a good one.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult coworker; example..   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

Hired via a phone interview. One meeting it was quick and painless. Surprising for a position of this nature. Hired via a phone interview. One meeting it was quick and painless. Surprising for a position of this nature.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Newark, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application then had an interview on campus with the manager I would be working with. From there I went on to a phone interview with two managers who asked me a round of various questions.

Interview Questions

• What was somethign you learned at your last internship?   Answer Question

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Everett, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Process didn't take that long. Got a call from a phone screener telling me all about the job and my previous employers and what my role was with them. Then the HR called me from the actual location to set up an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you and a co worker had a disagreement and how was it resolved ?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with many different senior managers over the course of 2-3 hours. Interviews got pretty technical in your knowledge of analysis. College attended didn't seem that important but internships seemed like a requirement. I provided them with a writing sample in advance.

Interview Questions

• What would you look for when analyzing a companies financial statements?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was a fairly straight forward. The questions they asked were nothing out of the ordinary. They ask you standard interview questions. Typically you meet with one of the hiring managers then you meet with HR. The interview process itself was done all in one day.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Panel interview from three employees. Manager seemed most prepared to conduct the interview, additional colleagues seemed inexperienced to interview process. Standard behavioral questions. Review of past work experience. Review of education background. Review of resume items. Some personality and interests questions to gain an understanding of you as a person. Interview was mostly predictable, a simple search of common behavioral interview questions will prepare you well for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Important to know what is on your resume and describe past experiences, specifically handling conflicts in workplace.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was really simple interview process, two rounds of interview in total. The company was still in stage of figuring out how to compete with other big names to lure talents. First round was a phone interview directly with hiring manager, then on site to meet the team. I would say BNYM is very selective on selecting candidates for interviews. Out of hundreds of candidates, only 4 were interviewed.