BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.5

Alternative Investments Administrator Interview

Interview over the phone because of long distance. They were very interested in Excel expertise. After the interview process, everything was handled through the HR department. Interview process was very minimal.

Interview Questions
    • After multiple years in the workforce I was surprised to still be asked my GPA.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate anything.

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2010.

I met with the Site Manager and the group manager for about a half hour. It was pretty informal and laid back. There was not much emphasis on qualifications. More of a personality evaluation. The main thing that I believe helped was being personable and being able to handle questions without hesitation. There is no second interview, it is a one shot deal in the site manager's office. Even though no one on the floor is in a suit and tie, everyone that interviews is expected to do so for the interview. References are a must though. They called 4/6 of the references I have (3 professional and 1 of the 3 personal)

Interview Questions
    • They asked for an example of a time when someone you were working with was not pulling their weight. How did you react and was the issue resolved?   View Answer
    It was take it or leave it at $14/hour. Was fine with this since plenty of over time

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2013.

One in house interview. I spent the day rotating around different desks meeting people. Not really a formal interview, more of a meet and greet. I went in around March but did not receive the official offer until Memorial Day Weekend.

No negotiation

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2012.

I got the job thru recruiter. Group interview. My interview was scheduled for three interviwers but end up only two. It was original a rotation interview but end up both interviewers joined and asking all questions. I was very relaxed and A all answers. They offered the job right after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the function of Corporate Trust?   View Answer
    easy

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2012.

Phone Interview, 2 In person interview. 2 week wait after resume submission, 3 weeks between first and second round, 3rd round pushed because of hurricane sandy however an HR shuffle made the process unnerving

Interview Questions
    • How would you cope with working with a boss in another location. What difficulties do you foresee and how would you effectively manage your work relationship   Answer Question
    there is no negotiation when you are an internal candicate

Corporate Trust Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

It was a one round interview. The questions were mainly behavioral. Decent entry level position, but it takes a lot to move throughout the organization. The skills you will develop will need to be expanded glamourized a bit when applying for future roles. Most of the people there are happy with their current role and not looking for more responsibility.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had issues with a team member and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    I had no leverage because it was my first role.

Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview was very relaxed, one on one with a team supervisor and the hiring manager (although in my particular case, he was out for the day). Took place in a private conference room and lasted roughly 30 minutes. Primarily a conversation; wanted to figure out if I would fit into the group atmosphere. Also discussed proficiency in Microsoft Excel (this is imperative to the job) and general understanding of the financial industry as a whole (less imperative, but still important - you will be trained thoroughly on these subjects).

Interview Questions
    • How do you present/deliver difficult information to clients?   Answer Question
    This is an entry-level position, do not expect to negotiate.

Analyst - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

I got contacted directly from BNYMellon HR recruiter via linkedin to apply for this position online.i did it, and the process took 2 to 3 weeks. first phine interview with HR, one interview face to face with your possible immediate supervisor and final face to face interview with the department head.

Interview Questions
    • None. They asked me a lot about my current background and how my skills will apply for the job. Is all about your resume technically.   Answer Question
    They offered me 28% more than what I was previously making which is why i accepted the offer with no negotuation. But, depending on your education and years of experience I think you can totally negotiate for a higher number.

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Syracuse, NY

I applied online - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Applied online through BNY Mellon's website received a call to interview a couple of days later. Interview was scheduled for the following week. Interview went extremely well and both gentlemen who interviewed me were easy to speak to and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were routine but I always think that when they ask "what is your greatest weakness" is challenging.   View Answer

Intern Global Client Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

I applied online, then received a call a few weeks later from HR asking to set up an interview. Then I interviewed with the associate and they said I would be moving to second round with the managing director. I didn't hear much for 1 month and then HR called me with an offer. It was a bit disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you overcame a challenge? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for interns.