BNY Mellon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Specialist Interview

Tax Specialist
East Syracuse, NY

I applied online - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through BNY Mellon's website received a call to interview a couple of days later. Interview was scheduled for the following week. Interview went extremely well and both gentlemen who interviewed me were easy to speak to and courteous.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were routine but I always think that when they ask "what is your greatest weakness" is challenging.   View Answer

Intern Global Client Management Interview

Intern Global Client Management
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online, then received a call a few weeks later from HR asking to set up an interview. Then I interviewed with the associate and they said I would be moving to second round with the managing director. I didn't hear much for 1 month and then HR called me with an offer. It was a bit disorganized.

Interview Question – Name a time where you overcame a challenge? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns.

Analyst - Associate Interview

Analyst - Associate
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got contacted directly from BNYMellon HR recruiter via linkedin to apply for this position online.i did it, and the process took 2 to 3 weeks. first phine interview with HR, one interview face to face with your possible immediate supervisor and final face to face interview with the department head.

Interview Question – None. They asked me a lot about my current background and how my skills will apply for the job. Is all about your resume technically.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me 28% more than what I was previously making which is why i accepted the offer with no negotuation. But, depending on your education and years of experience I think you can totally negotiate for a higher number.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Very easy. Basic. Spent more time talking about random stuff.

Interview Question – There was none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Trust Associate Interview

Trust Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – For me, it was a good interview and hiring process. I did a phone interview and then a face-to-face with the hiring manager. I didn't feel any pressure, and the questions were more so about getting to know me (which is a plus).

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation :(

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Interview process was smooth. Basic questions, and not overly involved and lengthy. Only one hiring manager was involved. No repetitive questions. Environment was not intimidating, however was really inviting. There was a question period. and they were answered to the best of the managers ability.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Summer Intern - Undergraduate Interview

Summer Intern - Undergraduate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, heard back from those that wanted an interview as well as those I was declined from. Interview process was very simple. 3 interviewers, mostly asked questions about my resume and talked about the current projects they were working on and if I would be able to contribute. Overall very easy. Interviewers were very laid back and personable.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but I think you can.

Financial Controller Interview

Financial Controller
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied directly to a posting on the company website, and was called for an interview. I only interviewed with the hiring manager - no one else was invited into the interview to give another opinion, and I did not get to interview with the hiring manager's boss. The interview was a little rushed and I did not get to finish asking my questions. The hiring manager asked me to email the rest of my questions, which I did. I never got a response to that email, nor have I heard anything from anyone at BNY since.

Interview Question – Very little specific information about the position was offered beforehand, so I had to do all of my own research. This made it difficult to prepare for specific questions.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Financial Reporting Interview

Financial Reporting

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – The interview was easy and not stressful at all. Show up on time for the interview and got job. The person conducting the interview seemed unprepared, nervous, and not trained to conduct an interview. They asked basic interview questions and seemed rushed to complete the process. After that took and passed drug test and started at company.

Interview Question – Why are you interviewing here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple. A quick interview with one of the HR staff, next you get interviewed by one of the potential manager that needs its role fulfilled.As soon as you get the offer, you get to go for the fingerprints for the history check. Once everything has been cleared, then you get a temporary ID until the real one is received.

Interview Question – Straight forward, no tricky questions. Just questions about your experience, education.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations needed.