BNY Mellon

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.6

Fund Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

The interview process was very straight forward, I was first contacted by the recruiter, about a week later I had an interview with three senior managers back to back each lasting about a half hour. Two weeks after that I had HR call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • This was an entry level position so the questions were geared more towards my education and why Mellon.   Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate but couldn't get a higher offer.

Account Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

I was asked to walk through my resume, describe relevant job and internship experience. HR gives the interviewers a list of questions, like "What is your greatest weakness" and "Describe an instance in which you overcame a problem" but a lot of the managers won't ask them because they think it's a waste of their time. There were no technical or industry specific questions, which surprised me.

Always negotiate and you can get at least $1000 more. I definitely dropped the ball on that one because I figured since they knew my last salary, I couldn't get more than what they offered. From asking around, I was wrong.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

I sent my resume after seeing a posting at school. I received a call two days later from a recruiter and we spoke for about fifteen minutes. We set up an interview for a few days later. The interview was in two parts, but it was very laid back. Both of the interviewers did not seem to really care because they were not really involved (I haven't seen either of them in the office...ever). After the interview I did not know how to feel, but the recruiter called me back within three days and gave me the offer. I had two days to accept and go take a drug test. After that I did not hear anything until my start date.

Interview Questions
    • The two interviewers had packets that they read the questions from. Neither of the packets really related to anything I do.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Alternative Investments Administrator Interview

Interview over the phone because of long distance. They were very interested in Excel expertise. After the interview process, everything was handled through the HR department. Interview process was very minimal.

Interview Questions
    • After multiple years in the workforce I was surprised to still be asked my GPA.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate anything.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2014.

There were several steps to the interview. There was a written test and then tests with coding as well. You had 3 interviews in total with different people. They are looking for extremely technical individuals and no longer want MIS backgrounds.

Interview Questions
    • Given 3 sets of codes and asked to explain the differences and similarities.   Answer Question

Corporate Trust Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

It was a one round interview. The questions were mainly behavioral. Decent entry level position, but it takes a lot to move throughout the organization. The skills you will develop will need to be expanded glamourized a bit when applying for future roles. Most of the people there are happy with their current role and not looking for more responsibility.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had issues with a team member and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    I had no leverage because it was my first role.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2014.

Found this role through my school's career site. Applied and got a call back. Initial interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager. That interview was pretty typical (I listed the challenging question below.) I had to wait three weeks for my next interview with another associate (not hiring manager). Then another three weeks to get my on-site interview with the hiring manager. I thought that would be my final round interview, but he wanted a marketing associate to interview me, however, she was not in the office that day. So he said that he would set up a call with me and her for 1/2 hour. He never did set that call up. I contacted the recruiter who I was working with to let her know (via email) and it went ignored. Finally, I called her and she told me she wasn't the recruiter for this role (even though she was the one who first contacted me and set up all three previous interviews). Few weeks later I got an automated email notifying me that I did not get the position.

Let me add that I did not get reimbursed for my trip to Pittsburgh (my trip was 2.5 hours one-way, therefore 5 hours total). And I had done an earlier interview with BNY Mellon for another role (thus, different hiring manager), also no reimbursement.

Personally, while I thought the interviews were pretty straight forward, it was the lack of response and reimbursement that leads me to disrespect this company.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in the first 12 months of starting here (without guidance from the manager)?   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Very easy. Basic. Spent more time talking about random stuff.

No negotiation

Trust Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

For me, it was a good interview and hiring process. I did a phone interview and then a face-to-face with the hiring manager. I didn't feel any pressure, and the questions were more so about getting to know me (which is a plus).

There is no negotiation :(

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview process was smooth. Basic questions, and not overly involved and lengthy. Only one hiring manager was involved. No repetitive questions. Environment was not intimidating, however was really inviting. There was a question period. and they were answered to the best of the managers ability.

There was no negotiation