BNY Mellon

353 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Specialist Interview

Senior Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – 2 one on one interviews

Interview Question – None, interview is straight forward for individuals who have experience in this position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations necessary, salary was commensurate to location and position level at the time

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed via a referral. I had previously applied but was rejected but they told me to try again later. I did. The interview process what not tough at all. 2 or 3 interviews lined up within one hr. felt rushed.

Interview Question – the questions were not that difficult. pretty standard. i think they wanted to make sure it was my resume and nothing was exaggerated.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no wiggle room. i think

Accounting Analyst Interview

Accounting Analyst

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – Interview process was painless especially right out of college. Asked basic questions, strengths, weakness. where do you see yourself in 5 years? would you rather work on a team or an individual. Pretty basic questions for someone coming right out of college.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Assistant Vice President Accounting Interview

Assistant Vice President Accounting
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2010.

Interview Details – The process is pretty standard. I interviewed with the department manager and was called back to interview with the director.

Interview Question – I don't recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer there was little negotiation.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Typical interview process in corporate. Submit resume online, receive a call from HR and then meet with person hiring for the position.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. No surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR group does the salary offer so you go back and forth with them. For me, they made the offer, I went back about $10,000 higher and they met me halfway. Once the offer is made they make it clear that you must pass the drug test before it is official and you have only a certain period of time to have the test. The process was pretty standard for this kind of company.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly easy. It is done through a staffing agency, who will ask you a few basic questions. Then, the interview with the hiring manager is very straight forward. He will explain the position in detail and ask if you can handle the position. Then, he will allow you to ask questions.

Interview Question – Explain why you would be good at this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The pay is set at $14 per hour.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Cypress, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had to go through a temp agency and an interview, drug test, backround check. Then once I got hired through the company I went through it again.

Interview Question – There were a few, I cant remember, but if you stay genuine you should be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Im not good at negotiating so I just took what i got. Which was more than I had ever been offered

Administrator Interview

Administrator

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – The interview process was very demanding. The company wanted to fight lower and lower when negotiating salary. Also, the company wanted me to begin employment a month before graduation even began. Certainly this would not be a problem, however I would practically be working minimum wage. Additionally, I have heard very unfavorable criticisms regarding the work environment.

Interview Question – Tell me three things about your internship that are not on your resume?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

FAA NAV Ops Accountant Interview

FAA NAV Ops Accountant
Westborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online got emailed into the office for an interview. Interviewed with two people and fairly basic questions.

Interview Question – What do you know about financial accounting?   Answer Question

Senior Corporate Actions Specialist Interview

Senior Corporate Actions Specialist

I applied through other source and interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Nothing terribly taxing....Excel knowledge is a plus. Standard questions are generally asked. The number of interviewers varies as at times....usually, it's 1-2 people.

Negotiation Details – No wiggle room...."it's not in the budget"

Interviews for Top Jobs at BNY Mellon