BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Corporate Trust Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't bad. I was interviewed by the head manager and the guy I would directly be working for. They had a list of questions in front of them that they used. It was mostly just behavioral type questions. I am straight out of college so I don't have any experience, so the only job related questions they asked me was "what do you know about corporate trust?"

Interview Questions

• What was one time you did something that other people disagreed with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Pretty easy, laid back interview process. Questions in the technical interview were very diverse; front end to back end to systems design etc. the behavioral interview was just a bunch of questions aimed at figuring out how you think and how you approach day to day problems. Everyone I met there were extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable. The entire process took rather long, something like 3 - 4 weeks.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Very welcoming . Met with 3 managers followed by the VP of the department. All very friendly. Asked basic background questions and very thoroughly about my resume, such as what you did and how it would help you in this role. Overall not very a difficult interview. Just come prepared knowing you resume in and out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you went beyond expectations?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

1st round: on site with three people. One is the head of risk management department, one is VP of validation team with PhD degree in math, and the other is a senior analysts with a PhD in statistics. 2nd round: phone interview with the head of validation team, MEF background.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy process. Recruiter called to schedule interviews either in person or over phone for two divisions. Decided to attend in person. Had one 1 hour interview in one division and three 45 minutes - 1 hour long interviews in the other. Recruiter called three weeks later to offer position.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview with two of the members in the their internal audit department. It was mostly an interview going over my resume experience, so be able to explain all your resume information. They also asked why I wanted this specific position so know the description of the position and what the job entails.

Interview Questions

• What do you believes makes you a good fit for this internship?   1 Answer

Market Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Employee referral. First rounds in office with MD- quant focused questions. Second round with two MDs and analyst. Questions on the markets, why finance and problem solving techniques. They told me about the work I would do as an intern, potential projects etc.

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent resume via employee referral after being introduced to HR. Once resume was received, interview was scheduled quickly. HR scheduled directly with hiring manager and head of group. Completed application for role online after resume was selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe managerial experience of teams   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and was screened for qualifications. I was subsequently contacted by the hiring manager and we discussed the role, its challenges and requirements. Both conversations went well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was Amazing. I had applied for Internal Audit intern. The location is really nice. My interview lasted for 45mins. The vice president of the department took my interview. Questions started building up according to my resume. Then he discussed various skill set required for the position.