BNY Mellon

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.6

Accounting Analyst Interview

Very straight forward, no preliminary phone interview. Just one in person interview with hiring managers.

Summer Intern - Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Applied online, heard back from those that wanted an interview as well as those I was declined from. Interview process was very simple. 3 interviewers, mostly asked questions about my resume and talked about the current projects they were working on and if I would be able to contribute. Overall very easy. Interviewers were very laid back and personable.

I didn't negotiate but I think you can.

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Syracuse, NY

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Applied online through BNY Mellon's website received a call to interview a couple of days later. Interview was scheduled for the following week. Interview went extremely well and both gentlemen who interviewed me were easy to speak to and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were routine but I always think that when they ask "what is your greatest weakness" is challenging.   View Answer

Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview was very relaxed, one on one with a team supervisor and the hiring manager (although in my particular case, he was out for the day). Took place in a private conference room and lasted roughly 30 minutes. Primarily a conversation; wanted to figure out if I would fit into the group atmosphere. Also discussed proficiency in Microsoft Excel (this is imperative to the job) and general understanding of the financial industry as a whole (less imperative, but still important - you will be trained thoroughly on these subjects).

Interview Questions
    • How do you present/deliver difficult information to clients?   Answer Question
    This is an entry-level position, do not expect to negotiate.

Senior Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Typical test to find if you are fit to the company culture.

Interview Questions
    Non negotiable salary. Take it or leave

Senior Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

2 one on one interviews

Interview Questions
    • None, interview is straight forward for individuals who have experience in this position   Answer Question
    no negotiations necessary, salary was commensurate to location and position level at the time

Accounting Analyst Interview

Interview process was painless especially right out of college. Asked basic questions, strengths, weakness. where do you see yourself in 5 years? would you rather work on a team or an individual. Pretty basic questions for someone coming right out of college.

none

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Typical interview process in corporate. Submit resume online, receive a call from HR and then meet with person hiring for the position.

Interview Questions
    The HR group does the salary offer so you go back and forth with them. For me, they made the offer, I went back about $10,000 higher and they met me halfway. Once the offer is made they make it clear that you must pass the drug test before it is official and you have only a certain period of time to have the test. The process was pretty standard for this kind of company.

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2014.

Applied directly to a posting on the company website, and was called for an interview. I only interviewed with the hiring manager - no one else was invited into the interview to give another opinion, and I did not get to interview with the hiring manager's boss. The interview was a little rushed and I did not get to finish asking my questions. The hiring manager asked me to email the rest of my questions, which I did. I never got a response to that email, nor have I heard anything from anyone at BNY since.

Interview Questions
    • Very little specific information about the position was offered beforehand, so I had to do all of my own research. This made it difficult to prepare for specific questions.   View Answer

Administrator Interview

The interview process was very demanding. The company wanted to fight lower and lower when negotiating salary. Also, the company wanted me to begin employment a month before graduation even began. Certainly this would not be a problem, however I would practically be working minimum wage. Additionally, I have heard very unfavorable criticisms regarding the work environment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three things about your internship that are not on your resume?   Answer Question