BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Newark, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application then had an interview on campus with the manager I would be working with. From there I went on to a phone interview with two managers who asked me a round of various questions.

Interview Questions

• What was somethign you learned at your last internship?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Interviewing process was horrible. I had a phone interview with 2 managers and then was called in for an in person interview with 3 people. A week after interview I received a phone call from HR asking my interest level and to verify my salary requirements along with telling me I received positive feedback and that management was just deciding were area to place everyone. A week and half after that HR called again that they wanted me to come back in and meet with 2 different managers. 3 days after that interview HR called to tell me that they would not be offering me the job because I did not have enough experience. Why bring someone in for multiple interviews when they do not have enough experience?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

First a 30 minute interview, then a two hour interview. Basic behavioral questions for the 30 minute interview. More in depth behavioral questions for the next interview. The two hours was 1 hour for technical and one for behavioral. Technical questions were about basic coding knowledge and certain terms regarding big topics in coding.

Interview Questions

• What is the problem with the following c++ code. describe encapsulation and other words. how would you design your friend's kitchen.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I had a personal connection with one of the MDs who forwarded my credentials around. I filled out an application via the online portal and was contacted within a week to set up an interview. The interview was in Brooklyn by the VPs of several account teams. It lasts about an hour and a half and I completed 3-4 interviews in the day. I was called with an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations on an entry level position

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Overall process was not bad. Had an on campus interview and was invited for super day which is at their headquarters for final round. Looking for strong computer science background and make sure you can commute or find housing in New York

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview Mistakes: It's easy to get sidetracked by a variety of factors during the interviewing process. Discover the largest pitfalls for interviewers and how to avoid them. Panel Interviews: Read about the most effective methods for carrying out panel interviews and when you might want to use them as part of your interviewing process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting and interviewed with HR. That part went fine and was flown in for the super day. Once I got there, I was being asked questions that were not suited for my skill set. My interviewer made my life miserable for that whole hour and he knew that I couldn't answer these questions. My recruiter acknowledged that I was being asked questions that were not suited for me after I finished. Overall, it was a stressful day that was wasted for both parties. Not sure what he was thinking at all.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Simple questions. Ask a little about you and your strengths and what you know about the position. Just know your job responsibilities and do your homework. Be sure to know what NAV is because that is a fundamental part of the job. They are more interested in finding someone that can learn new info and be able to retain that info than your work experience so be trainable and have an open mind. Overall an easy interview if you show your prepared and interested in learning more about the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself What are your stengths/weaknesses? What do you know about bonds? What is a mutual fund? What is NAV? How is it calculated?   Answer Question

Account Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

There was no interview which took me by surprise. I went through a staffing agency called Modis. They asked if I would be interested, along with some basic questions and sent in my resume on my behalf. I was called back by the Modis recruiter within two weeks saying BNY Mellon wanted to make an offer for an Account Administrator W-2 contract to hire.

Interview Questions

• What is your skill level with Microsoft Office applications?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase since it was for a contract position.

Leadership Development Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (State College, PA).

Interview

Applied through career fair, got an interview opportunity on campus 1:1, the recruiter was nice and the questions were just behavioral, there was a written problem on how to solve the problem of client crowding the banking management system.

Interview Questions

• basic behavior questions, tell me the development cycle of a software, and a written problem about how to speed up database.   Answer Question