BNY Mellon Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

Trust Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

For me, it was a good interview and hiring process. I did a phone interview and then a face-to-face with the hiring manager. I didn't feel any pressure, and the questions were more so about getting to know me (which is a plus).

There is no negotiation :(

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview process was smooth. Basic questions, and not overly involved and lengthy. Only one hiring manager was involved. No repetitive questions. Environment was not intimidating, however was really inviting. There was a question period. and they were answered to the best of the managers ability.

There was no negotiation

Financial Reporting Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

The interview was easy and not stressful at all. Show up on time for the interview and got job. The person conducting the interview seemed unprepared, nervous, and not trained to conduct an interview. They asked basic interview questions and seemed rushed to complete the process. After that took and passed drug test and started at company.

No negotiation.

Accounting and Reporting Specialist I Interview

Interview process contained 3 rounds with different personnel. Explained the job requirements and expectations of the applicant. Started with a recruiter in HR, then upstairs with different teams. Employer was quick with offer and was flexible with new hire start times.

Interview Questions
    • What separates you from other applicants for this job?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Intern Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and gave him my resume. Nine months later I was called in for an interview. It was disorganized, they thought that I had applied for this position. I went ahead even though I hadn't. The first two interviewers seemed miserable to be there, asked cliche questions. The second two were nice asked broader, not cliche questions.

Analyst - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

I got contacted directly from BNYMellon HR recruiter via linkedin to apply for this position online.i did it, and the process took 2 to 3 weeks. first phine interview with HR, one interview face to face with your possible immediate supervisor and final face to face interview with the department head.

Interview Questions
    • None. They asked me a lot about my current background and how my skills will apply for the job. Is all about your resume technically.   Answer Question
    They offered me 28% more than what I was previously making which is why i accepted the offer with no negotuation. But, depending on your education and years of experience I think you can totally negotiate for a higher number.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Very straight forward, no preliminary phone interview. Just one in person interview with hiring managers.

Summer Intern - Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Applied online, heard back from those that wanted an interview as well as those I was declined from. Interview process was very simple. 3 interviewers, mostly asked questions about my resume and talked about the current projects they were working on and if I would be able to contribute. Overall very easy. Interviewers were very laid back and personable.

I didn't negotiate but I think you can.

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Employee in East Syracuse, NY

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Applied online through BNY Mellon's website received a call to interview a couple of days later. Interview was scheduled for the following week. Interview went extremely well and both gentlemen who interviewed me were easy to speak to and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were routine but I always think that when they ask "what is your greatest weakness" is challenging.   View Answer

Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview was very relaxed, one on one with a team supervisor and the hiring manager (although in my particular case, he was out for the day). Took place in a private conference room and lasted roughly 30 minutes. Primarily a conversation; wanted to figure out if I would fit into the group atmosphere. Also discussed proficiency in Microsoft Excel (this is imperative to the job) and general understanding of the financial industry as a whole (less imperative, but still important - you will be trained thoroughly on these subjects).

Interview Questions
    • How do you present/deliver difficult information to clients?   Answer Question
    This is an entry-level position, do not expect to negotiate.