BNY Mellon

Updated Jan 30, 2015

2.5

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Applied and didn't get a response for nearly 6 months. After getting a phone call back they asked for me to reapply. See, often the Account Managers sit on a pile of resumes and sift through them when their workload is lighter in the middle of the month. Remember, if they bring you in they have to like you, because the majority of new hires are often brought in as temps and make their way into the company that way.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your old job? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    There isnt!

User Experience Interview

Multiple rounds ( phone and in-person) and multiple locations. Had to travel out of town and out of state - few times. Had several day long interviews.

None of the interviews were difficult. Did-not seem like a rockstar group in any aspect of several domains of IT.

The worst part is they have NOT reimbursed for expenses though they said they would - despite multiple follow-ups! If I knew this, I would-not have interviewed with them at all.

The recruiter was also overall rude - treated VP level candidate like a sweat shop worker.

I would not recommend this place.

Project Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

I was referred by a mutual fried to an Executive VP. It took several weeks before we were able to speak, however once we spoke, based on my background I was invited to interview with another Exec VP, who asked me to consider another position as well. Once I chose the position i was interested in, I had a group interview with the department manager and four of the managers in the team.

Interview Questions
    • All the question revolved around my prior PM experience. The most challenging questions were around how I would handle specific situations. It was a very diverse group, and that was reflected in the 'inbox' questions that were asked.   Answer Question
    The offer was generous - There was no need for negotiatiuon.

Global Markets Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview was very simple, with mostly fit questions and no technicals. A few basic questions on your opinion of the economy at the end. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted. Altogether a very easy interview process for a college kid, though different groups may be tougher.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of Obamacare and its effect on the economy?   Answer Question

FAA NAV Ops Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2014.

Applied online got emailed into the office for an interview. Interviewed with two people and fairly basic questions.

Fix Income Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2014.

This is a 4 rounds interview. Questions including technical questions including BS model, algorithm and brain teaser. I talked to 2 associates and a team leader and the manager. All of them have different questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

talk to recruiter, interview. wasnt too hard but its not your typical interview, the people who do it are very very young

FAA Treasury Service Representative Interview

I was supposed to interview with 3 of the hiring managers. When I arrived, two of the hiring managers were out of the office. I interviewed with one hiring manager and two members of the department. About a week later, HR called me to set up an interview for the same position. When I notified them that I had already interviewed for that position, I was told that I was not on the "list". I gave the HR person the names of the folks I had met with. I was told that they would get back to me--they never did get back to me. I was very disappointed.

Mutual Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Entry Level position, The process was pretty standard. Started with a phone interview which then led to one in person interview with would be manager and their manager.

Interview Questions
    • All standard questions, what was difficult was relating very little work experience to the questions they asked. For example, give me a time where you out preformed on a project or task. Had to relate to school work and athletics instead of work.   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiation in large corp. at the entry level

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Got hired through a friend this was the easiest way to get the job, too much work otherwise for not a great job. They haven't built out the business as well as it should. Resources lacking in many areas. Lots of guys that have made careers elsewhere brought in, not into developing talent.

Interview Questions
    • No interview question was too difficult. I got the job based on a recommendation from a freind.   Answer Question