BNY Mellon Interview Questions & Reviews in London, England

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2009.

3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not get along with a work colleague, how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2011.

Email CV and Cover Letter. Interview was not Technical. It was more related to character fit, how I thought, presented myself, argued my points and how easy going I was. Very little was related to how much I had researched about BNY Mellon and the specific division I was applying to. It was more of a discussion than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • In the countries you have been to, what is the most important factor needed to promote growth. This question had arised from the discussion.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2013.

This is a first round interview with HR so the atmosphere is extremely friendly. Generally they only need to know who you are and what do you know about BNY etc. Even if you can't talk much, don't worry as the interviewer will talk a lot (introducing the job, the structure of BNY...)

Very basic questions, nothing really tricky. They will try their best to encourage and praise you.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2012.

First a take home test to write a cellular automata in Scala. Seems like the key to passing this was just not scanning the entire grid of cells at each iteration i.e. just the adjacent cells.

After submitting the code I was invited to a face to face with team lead and senior developer for informal chat , then 1-1 with with another senior developer for review of the take home test and more pencil and paper puzzles and basic programming e.g. write a function to recognize palindromes. Finally 1-1 with HR examining 6 areas of competencies. was about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Puzzle about farming was worded in a confusing way that didn't make sense to me, Lost interest at that stage.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2011.

I was interviewed by HR and a team leader. Interview was quite short - 30 min max and they did not ask many questions, mainly told me about the role.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Technical only - no interest in anything else.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would configure a database table for optimal segment space management.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2007.

Easy and friendly interviewer. Asked basic technical questions.

Be honest.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!