BNY Mellon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Trade Capture Administrative Interview

Trade Capture Administrative
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview (screening)
1 face to face interview
1 Maths test

Phone interview - Relaxed discussion with a member of the HR team. Discussion aimed around knowledge of the company.

Face to face - interviewed by 2 people. Had to provide a 5 min presentation of a personal achievement, was advised to avoid the topic of completing a degree. Interviewers were polite.

Maths test - general math knowledge test, examples available online

Interview Question – How would you deal with conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward, was an entry level position

Fund Administrator Interview

Fund Administrator
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via website
3days i got a call with some pre interview questions
Got interview after

Interview Question – why financial services   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Online app and in person interview

Interview Question – What do you find difficult?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Settlements Interview

Settlements
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2011.

Interview Details – Started by completing online application form through their website. . recieved email the next day inviting me for phone interview where i had to call them at a certain time.

phone interview lasted 20mins, they asked what i knew of BNY Mellon and why i wanted a career with them.. a little bit about my work background but wasnt in much detail. told i was successfull on the phone.

2 days later i went to the office for numerical test.. 8 of us all in one room, very quick in and out. test lasted 20mins and it was 12 pages of percentages and pulling information from graphs/charts. some ratio questions also. i didnt finish the test in time, i got to page 9 of 12.

they phoned 3 hours later to say id passed the numerical. offered technical/competency interview for 3 days later.

HR made this competancy interview sound like it was going to be difficult but it was actually quite enjoyable. Two people in room with me, i had to talk for 20mins about a personal achievement within the last 2 years (very easy for me to talk!) i structured my talk so it would have a beginning, middle and end.. related points to the job role. they ask alot of questions when your done, they want details!

the interview was very relaxed, they made me feel welcome and i was very comfortable being there. they ask the general competency questions...

1 week later was offered the role.

Interview Question – why do i want a career in finance?   Answer Question

Valuation Administrator Interview

Valuation Administrator
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online at company website, then received request for telephone interview. Few days later invited for numerical test. After 2 days called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked for an example of a difficult situation that I faced and how I overcame it.   View Answer
  • Give an example of how you have been flexible, done something out of your job description?   Answer Question

Accounts Administrator Interview

Accounts Administrator
Manchester, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very strange interview. First time phone interview and didn't feel comfortable. Only lasts 15 minutes and you feel rushed. Two people are introduced but only 1 interviews you.

Interview Question – Tell us how you achieved your biggest achievement in life?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2007.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviewers one of which was taking notes and another one actually interviewing. The man question was about the greatest achievement to date. How you achieved it, what you did, whom did you communicate with etc. Couple of questions about the CV, knowledge of the company and motivation for the choice of the particular area, company, industry. The nterview was very friendly, posstive and relaxed.

Interview Question – They ask you for details a lot   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Although I made myself clear on the minimum salary was expecting, the offer was 2k lower than that and was non-negotiable at that stage.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!