BNY Mellon Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.7

Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview last week then an onsite interview is settled one week after it. It took about four hours from 7 interviewers. This position does not require any finance background. I am pure statistician and they demand strong statitical skills and idea to deal with data.

Interview Questions

• random choose two points in a line, the probability of constructing a triangle how to do variable selection how to deal with multicollinity how to deal with missing data   Answer Question

Associate Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied directly to a BNY Mellon online job posting. I was contacted for an interview about two weeks later. I met with the hiring manager and one of the managers under him. We spoke for about an hour. It was very casual and free flowing. They primarily asked about my experience and also told me what the position entailed. I received an offer a week later and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked other than standard ones was "what are three things you would do on your first day?" Good question since many people take a job without really being prepared to start it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online recruiter contacted me within few days. Interviewed with them and met two people for an hour each . Received a call from HR saying they want to hire you and no second round was needed. Entire process took a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Risk Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

one of Anonymous friend in job board helps me forward the resume. Then I get a call from HR two days later, set up 1 hour phone interview, going thorough resume. Then I got onsite very soon. Ask some technical question and CV. Still no results。

Interview Questions

• What's the technique to do variable selection. Garch Model, Linear Model assumption   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It was really simple interview process, two rounds of interview in total. The company was still in stage of figuring out how to compete with other big names to lure talents. First round was a phone interview directly with hiring manager, then on site to meet the team. I would say BNYM is very selective on selecting candidates for interviews. Out of hundreds of candidates, only 4 were interviewed.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy process. Recruiter called to schedule interviews either in person or over phone for two divisions. Decided to attend in person. Had one 1 hour interview in one division and three 45 minutes - 1 hour long interviews in the other. Recruiter called three weeks later to offer position.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and was screened for qualifications. I was subsequently contacted by the hiring manager and we discussed the role, its challenges and requirements. Both conversations went well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was Amazing. I had applied for Internal Audit intern. The location is really nice. My interview lasted for 45mins. The vice president of the department took my interview. Questions started building up according to my resume. Then he discussed various skill set required for the position.

Market Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Employee referral. First rounds in office with MD- quant focused questions. Second round with two MDs and analyst. Questions on the markets, why finance and problem solving techniques. They told me about the work I would do as an intern, potential projects etc.

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent resume via employee referral after being introduced to HR. Once resume was received, interview was scheduled quickly. HR scheduled directly with hiring manager and head of group. Completed application for role online after resume was selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe managerial experience of teams   1 Answer