BNY Mellon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Control Analyst Interview

Quality Control Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the Site Manager and the group manager for about a half hour. It was pretty informal and laid back. There was not much emphasis on qualifications. More of a personality evaluation. The main thing that I believe helped was being personable and being able to handle questions without hesitation. There is no second interview, it is a one shot deal in the site manager's office. Even though no one on the floor is in a suit and tie, everyone that interviews is expected to do so for the interview. References are a must though. They called 4/6 of the references I have (3 professional and 1 of the 3 personal)

Interview Question – They asked for an example of a time when someone you were working with was not pulling their weight. How did you react and was the issue resolved?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was take it or leave it at $14/hour. Was fine with this since plenty of over time

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, 2 In person interview. 2 week wait after resume submission, 3 weeks between first and second round, 3rd round pushed because of hurricane sandy however an HR shuffle made the process unnerving

Interview Question – How would you cope with working with a boss in another location. What difficulties do you foresee and how would you effectively manage your work relationship   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation when you are an internal candicate

Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist Interview

Client Accounting and Reporting Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was very relaxed, one on one with a team supervisor and the hiring manager (although in my particular case, he was out for the day). Took place in a private conference room and lasted roughly 30 minutes. Primarily a conversation; wanted to figure out if I would fit into the group atmosphere. Also discussed proficiency in Microsoft Excel (this is imperative to the job) and general understanding of the financial industry as a whole (less imperative, but still important - you will be trained thoroughly on these subjects).

Interview Question – How do you present/deliver difficult information to clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is an entry-level position, do not expect to negotiate.

Summer Intern - Undergraduate Interview

Summer Intern - Undergraduate
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, heard back from those that wanted an interview as well as those I was declined from. Interview process was very simple. 3 interviewers, mostly asked questions about my resume and talked about the current projects they were working on and if I would be able to contribute. Overall very easy. Interviewers were very laid back and personable.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but I think you can.

Financial Controller Interview

Financial Controller
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied directly to a posting on the company website, and was called for an interview. I only interviewed with the hiring manager - no one else was invited into the interview to give another opinion, and I did not get to interview with the hiring manager's boss. The interview was a little rushed and I did not get to finish asking my questions. The hiring manager asked me to email the rest of my questions, which I did. I never got a response to that email, nor have I heard anything from anyone at BNY since.

Interview Question – Very little specific information about the position was offered beforehand, so I had to do all of my own research. This made it difficult to prepare for specific questions.   View Answer

Accounting Analyst Interview

Accounting Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Applied and didn't get a response for nearly 6 months. After getting a phone call back they asked for me to reapply. See, often the Account Managers sit on a pile of resumes and sift through them when their workload is lighter in the middle of the month. Remember, if they bring you in they have to like you, because the majority of new hires are often brought in as temps and make their way into the company that way.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your old job? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isnt!

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was different than the normal process as I spoke directly with the hiring director. First phone interview was with the hiring director followed by another interview with two managers under the director. I was called a few days later with an offer which I countered. They accepted my counter offer without issue.

Insurance Accounting Analyst Interview

Insurance Accounting Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Interviewed and got a call back within 2 weeks

Interview Question – What would you do if you won the lottery   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Lateral Movement, refused to up my pay.

Software Systems Specialist II, Mainframe Specialist Interview

Software Systems Specialist II, Mainframe Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, HR called to schedule a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was with the hiring manager the week after that. The next week I interviewed in person, and after another week I was extended an offer. Overall a good experience, I felt welcomed by all the employees, and the interviews were not intimidating.

Interview Question – Having no database background academically, I was caught by surprise by the focus on it with 3 or 4 very specific questions on SQL.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Wire Processing Analyst Interview

Wire Processing Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was offered a phone interview about 6 weeks after applying. They asked me a few questions about my qualifications and then they set up a face-to-face interview. They asked me some basic questions such as why do you want to work here and they asked a few questions about my knowledge of computers. They offered the position to me on the spot.

Interview Question – They did not ask any hard ball questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it!

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!