BNY Mellon

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview from HR. it was a quick last minute scheduling. Briefly met the woman I was going to be working under. Very direct questions, all business, and she had to go for a meeting. Met with some other assistants, and then the MD of the office. He and I talked for over an hour.

Interview Question – How would you handle building a sales book for fixed income products?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2009.

Interview Details – I did a formal interview once, then they ended up hiring someone else. A year and a half later, they called me back and I interviewed. It was much better, and I ended up getting the job. I went for an interview with the person I would soon call my boss, as well as the coworker I collaborated with.

Negotiation Details – Good. I knew what to ask for and I got it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at BNY Mellon

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon Sales Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees and interview candidates.