BNY Mellon Senior Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2010.

Took over 2 months! I applied online. Pretty straight forward interview, basic questions, etc.

It was too low! I told them I need to make at least 40k and they accepted and paid me 40k

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York Mls, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York Mls, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in July 2008.

My staffing agency sent my high test scores to BNYM's HR department. After a 5 minute meeting with an HR associate, I was asked to come back to interview specifically with a department. There, I interviewed with 3 people, over 2 days. An offer arrived almost immediately thereafter, but negotiations took about 2 weeks. They were not able to meet me halfway, but did meet my salary demands 1/3 of the way between their initial offer and my asking.

The work culture is rather laid back in most Sr. Admin positions throughout the company. However, if you are anywhere near competent, be prepared for a very frustrating stay -- instead of replacing the lazy, incompetent and self-serving, management almost company-wide seems to favor the practice of shifting disproportionate amounts of work onto the few competent employees they do hire, so that these few either grow disgruntled and leave, or learn to feign incompetence in order to play the system. BEWARE!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? asked a senior executive as he scanned my resume and deemed me over-qualified.   Answer Question
    Negotiations took a long time on BNYM's end, and they met my demands about 1/3 of the way.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2009.

Process moved along reasonably quickly, from the date I emailed my resume to the date they first contacted you. Good interview with both people I would have been working with. One asked more detailed questions than the other, but between them, I think they got what they needed from me, and I was able to find out what I needed as well. In-person interviews were about 20-30 minutes long. Phone interview by HR was about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why aren't you looking for a job in the field that your most recent graduate degree is in?   View Answer

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!