BNY Mellon

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

East Syracuse, NY

I applied online - interviewed at BNY Mellon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through BNY Mellon's website received a call to interview a couple of days later. Interview was scheduled for the following week. Interview went extremely well and both gentlemen who interviewed me were easy to speak to and courteous.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were routine but I always think that when they ask "what is your greatest weakness" is challenging.   View Answer

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in August 2009.

Interview Details – A very easy interview, met with 2 managers on a 2:1 interview, and they were extremely friendly. They spoke more about the position than asked about my credentials, which I kept reverting back to. They're really looking for someone who'll fit into the team dynamic, since training will come on the job. Took over 2 months for an offer to be made though.

Interview Question – N/A - primarily soft questions   Answer Question

Tax Specialist

The process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in September 2007.

Interview Details – I've had only one interview with the company. The process was very straight forward. The questions that were asked were basic questions asking to describe one's skills, work history and geneal idea of what to expect.

Interview Question – Please descirbe you daily responsibilities as go through your day.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BNY Mellon

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BNY Mellon Tax Specialist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by BNY Mellon employees and interview candidates.