Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at BNY Mellon
- Fund Accountant (34)
- Intern (19)
- Analyst (11)
- Associate (11)
- Operations Executive (11)
- Business Analyst (10)
- Vice President (9)
- Corporate Trust Administrator (7)
- Accounting Analyst (7)
- Operation Executive (7)
- Financial Analyst (6)
- Project Manager (5)
- Operations Analyst (5)
- Accounting and Reporting Specialist I (5)
- Accounting and Reporting Specialist (4)
- ETF Accountant (4)
- Account Administrator (4)
- Software Developer (4)
- Operations Specialist (4)
- Portfolio Administrator (4)
- Trade Specialist I (4)
- Customer Service Representative (4)
- Trust Administrator (3)
- Trust Associate (3)
- Tax Specialist (3)
- Fund Administrator (3)
- Senior Administrative Assistant (3)
- Wealth Management (3)
- Project Manager III (3)
- Performance Analyst (3)
Trade Specialist I Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2011.
The interviewers talked the entire time and just told stories about what they do all day and only asked me 2 questions the entire time. Very strange interview.
- How well do you work in a team environment? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon
Trade Specialist I InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral Experience
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2011.
My interview was very short and easy. Basic questions: Give example of working in teams, deadlines, etc. Mostly talked about the position. Be confident. Got a call the next day saying I got the job. Not the same for co-workers, some waited weeks to hear back
- I personally did not have any difficult or unexpected questions, but be prepared Answer Question
Try to negotiate salary if you feel comfortable. I knew of a few people who did and were offered up to 35,000; 2k over the starting salary. If they're desperate they will fold
Trade Specialist I InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2011.
Pretty basic process. Got a call from HR to set up an interview. Met with a manager and supervisor. Very basic questions. Conversational type interview and was a piece of cake. Got a call a few days later with offer.
- Describe a time when you made a mistake and what steps you took to not repeat it Answer Question
Trade Specialist I InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at BNY Mellon (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2010.
In comparison to the interview I had with Eaton Corporation, this interview was average in difficulty. The interviewer was pretty laid back and tried to make you feel comfortable, but he did have a specific answer in his mind for a couple of the questions. There was a good mix of traditional and behavioral questions asked. I completed this interview one week ago, but have yet to hear back.
- It is the end of the day and the rest of your coworkers have already gone home. You have completed all of your work and your coworkers do not require any assistance. What do you do? Answer Question