BNY Mellon Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Technical test followed by competency based questions - nothing too difficult. Questions tailored towards seeing you as an individual and how you fit into their organisational culture. Whatever the position , tailor your answer to an experience that is relevant to the role. Overall a very enjoyable experience where I gained much of an insight to the organisation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2015.

Online application + interview with the hiring managers.

I had applied over 4 months ago and recently received a call inviting me in for an interview at their London office. The application itself was fairly straightforward and the interview process itself was very smooth- very good impression so far!

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking to get out of this internship?
      What are your strengths?
      What is your weakness?
      Talk me through your CV/skills/experience
      What can you tell us about BNY?

I think the key here, is really understanding: (a) what they do as a business, and (b) what that particular division you are applying for does. I had a very brief job spec so I used that to work out what that division did, what services it covered and I also made sure I understood the organisation.
      Know where they are positioned in the market, what do they actually do and demonstrate that you understand it, demonstrate and understanding of the differences between investment services and investment management. IF you can show them that your research extended beyond the first page of their site/wiki it speaks a lot. Try to demonstrate what a "useful" intern you will be. If you're the type of intern who can demonstrate some knowledge and transferable skills you can pretty much hit the ground running with the coaching and support given to you on the programme and learn so much more about the organisation and the person supervising you will actually get a young pair of hands that is useful and not someone to babysit for 9 weeks and keep having to explain what asset servicing really means.

Overall- I got a really good impression of the bank. The interviewers were very nice- don't take this to mean it is an easy interview- they are intelligent and are looking to challenge you. However it felt more natural and like they actually wanted to know me compared to previous interviews where I felt like they had already made up their mind about their ideal candidate and just weren't bothered to give me a real chance to prove myself.

Answer Question

Asseet Management Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2015.

1st round was phone interview (20 people got to this stage out of 140 applicants), lasted 20 minutes ish.
    2nd round was face to face at London office (lasted 45 minutes)
    Offer made 3 days later

Both interviews were with the same person (my department head).

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview: Why this department (mine was a back office role) when you have a really mathematical background?

Face to face interview: Fairly general chat about my background. Asked a bit about competitors and industry trend.

Both interviews were very calm and casual. Unlike all the other interviews where I was either interviewed by HR or department head just read out a list of questions handed down from HR. They really want to know about you as a character rather than how much of a robot you are. Love the atmosphere of the entire application process !

Just make sure you know the role you are applying to and do quite a bit of research on the company.

Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon.

I attended a one to one interviewer with a senior individual in the team. The interview was quite casual, not hugely formal. There was general talk about both my and the interviewers backgrounds and experience before the interviewer outlined what a successful candidate would be expected to do in the role.

Interview Questions
    • General background and experience questions. The interviewer previously worked for my current employer so asked me lots of questions about the people I work with some of whom he knew.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at BNY Mellon in February 2015.

I submitted online the job application. I have been called at the interview a month later. The interview was mainly competency based and related to past experiences transferable skills. Be prepared to motivate your career choice and path.

Fund Admionistrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview was semi formal with head of department and deputy. Questions included technical and situational. Most questionswere centred around knowing financial instruments and how they utilised by investors. the interview included generic situational questions like give as an example of when u improved processes

did not have one

Tax Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BNY Mellon.

Straight forward competency questions. Applied direct through the company website. 45 minute interview with a range of questions about previous experience and education. Received a call back within a week.

Nothing

Corporate Actions Senior Specialist Interview

Rather friendly and pleasant interview process. No tricky questions just the expected what you know of the bank, what is a corporate action, give a 20 minute presentation on something you've done, which is more of a discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Why employ you rather than someone else?   Answer Question
    Not negotiable.

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2014.

Applied via website
    3days i got a call with some pre interview questions
    Got interview after

Operations Specialist Interview

Telephone interview with a nice female staff on basic questions. Ie why bny? What skills you have.etc

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation .fixed rate