BNY Mellon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Trade Capture Administrative Interview

Trade Capture Administrative
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview (screening)
1 face to face interview
1 Maths test

Phone interview - Relaxed discussion with a member of the HR team. Discussion aimed around knowledge of the company.

Face to face - interviewed by 2 people. Had to provide a 5 min presentation of a personal achievement, was advised to avoid the topic of completing a degree. Interviewers were polite.

Maths test - general math knowledge test, examples available online

Interview Question – How would you deal with conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward, was an entry level position

Corporate Actions Senior Specialist Interview

Corporate Actions Senior Specialist

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – Rather friendly and pleasant interview process. No tricky questions just the expected what you know of the bank, what is a corporate action, give a 20 minute presentation on something you've done, which is more of a discussion.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Why employ you rather than someone else?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable.

Fund Administrator Interview

Fund Administrator
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via website
3days i got a call with some pre interview questions
Got interview after

Interview Question – why financial services   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist

Interviewed at BNY Mellon

Interview Details – Telephone interview with a nice female staff on basic questions. Ie why bny? What skills you have.etc

Interview Question – What skills do you have.how much do u expect   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation .fixed rate

Senior Income and Tax Clerk Interview

Senior Income and Tax Clerk

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Application
Telephone Interview - very short asking about custody
Numerical Assessment at office - very simple compared with others
Interview with two managers - CV and competencies
Offer

Interview Question – Very casual yet formal approach - enjoyable interview   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview Details – Online app and in person interview

Interview Question – What do you find difficult?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Senior Specialist Interview

Senior Specialist
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in January 2009.

Interview Details – 3 interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did not get along with a work colleague, how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in June 2011.

Interview Details – Email CV and Cover Letter. Interview was not Technical. It was more related to character fit, how I thought, presented myself, argued my points and how easy going I was. Very little was related to how much I had researched about BNY Mellon and the specific division I was applying to. It was more of a discussion than an interview.

Interview Question – In the countries you have been to, what is the most important factor needed to promote growth. This question had arised from the discussion.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2013.

Interview Details – This is a first round interview with HR so the atmosphere is extremely friendly. Generally they only need to know who you are and what do you know about BNY etc. Even if you can't talk much, don't worry as the interviewer will talk a lot (introducing the job, the structure of BNY...)

Very basic questions, nothing really tricky. They will try their best to encourage and praise you.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2012.

Interview Details – First a take home test to write a cellular automata in Scala. Seems like the key to passing this was just not scanning the entire grid of cells at each iteration i.e. just the adjacent cells.

After submitting the code I was invited to a face to face with team lead and senior developer for informal chat , then 1-1 with with another senior developer for review of the take home test and more pencil and paper puzzles and basic programming e.g. write a function to recognize palindromes. Finally 1-1 with HR examining 6 areas of competencies. was about 3 hours.

Interview Question – Puzzle about farming was worded in a confusing way that didn't make sense to me, Lost interest at that stage.   Answer Question

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!