BNY Mellon

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews lasting hours where I eventually had to develop and demonstrate an application. Humiliating experience for someone with decades of experience.

Interview Question – Prove that you know technology you have over ten years experience in by writing code while we watch.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't take it. Increases are way below the inflation rate.

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2010.

Interview Details – industry standard

Interview Question – an example of an impasse between BK procedures versus a client at risk trying to leave the company   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR, quick pass to 2 MDs (phone), followed by 2 face-to-face interviews. Questions were direct and to the point. Excellent explanation of role and expectations, final interview focused more on fit and culture, which was extremely helpful. HR recruiter kept me informed every step of the way.

Interview Question – What type of corporate culture do you see yourself thriving in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no need to negotiate; they met my expectations on the first offer.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2012.

Interview Details – HR Screening interview, followed by day long site visit/interview. Entire process took about 6 months.

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by on site interview

Interview Question – Not too many unexpected questions   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2010.

Interview Details – Consisted of a phone interview. Next step was a 1 hour personal interview. After completeing the personal interview I returned for a short 30 minute interview with a EVP. Final interview was with the recruiter that initially contacted me. We spent considerable time goign back and forth on salary offers and other benefits.
the interview with the EVp was a complete sham and a waste of time for both of us.

Interview Question – how are you   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in August 2010.

Interview Details – Most processes start with a phone screen by the recruiter and if you pass that part, you get to meet the hiring manager in person which happened for me. The hiring manager usually spends up to one hour with you and gives you an overview of the job. In my case, I received a realistic job preview which was appreciated. The RJP conveyed that it would be in my best interest to not consider future employment with this firm.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2009.

Interview Details – 7 people over 2 days, one on one, +1 HR meeting for application, benefit descriptions, etc. Offices good (midtown), people ok, a little provincial maybe, seem somewhat cheap.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave you current company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Kind of cheap

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!