BNY Mellon Vice President Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2012.

Multiple phone interviews lasting hours where I eventually had to develop and demonstrate an application. Humiliating experience for someone with decades of experience.

Interview Questions
  • Prove that you know technology you have over ten years experience in by writing code while we watch.   View Answer
Don't take it. Increases are way below the inflation rate.

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2010.

industry standard

Interview Questions
    • an example of an impasse between BK procedures versus a client at risk trying to leave the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2013.

Initial phone interview with HR, quick pass to 2 MDs (phone), followed by 2 face-to-face interviews. Questions were direct and to the point. Excellent explanation of role and expectations, final interview focused more on fit and culture, which was extremely helpful. HR recruiter kept me informed every step of the way.

Interview Questions
    • What type of corporate culture do you see yourself thriving in?   Answer Question
    no need to negotiate; they met my expectations on the first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2012.

HR Screening interview, followed by day long site visit/interview. Entire process took about 6 months.

Very little room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in March 2013.

phone interview followed by on site interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BNY Mellon in October 2010.

Consisted of a phone interview. Next step was a 1 hour personal interview. After completeing the personal interview I returned for a short 30 minute interview with a EVP. Final interview was with the recruiter that initially contacted me. We spent considerable time goign back and forth on salary offers and other benefits.
    the interview with the EVp was a complete sham and a waste of time for both of us.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at BNY Mellon in August 2010.

Most processes start with a phone screen by the recruiter and if you pass that part, you get to meet the hiring manager in person which happened for me. The hiring manager usually spends up to one hour with you and gives you an overview of the job. In my case, I received a realistic job preview which was appreciated. The RJP conveyed that it would be in my best interest to not consider future employment with this firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BNY Mellon in December 2009.

7 people over 2 days, one on one, +1 HR meeting for application, benefit descriptions, etc. Offices good (midtown), people ok, a little provincial maybe, seem somewhat cheap.

Kind of cheap

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!