BP Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Easy going process

Interview Questions

• what s the most challenging experience from your last job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a difficult interview with many exhibits displayed and a few open ended questions. I thought I did a good job but received little feedback. Hope to hear back soon.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

The phone interview was set up quickly. They explained the criteria for the candidate that they were seeking to add to their team. They needed specific market exposure and work background. The conversation was easy and straightforward.

After the phone interview they came back within one week with feedback.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Tell us about your background and experience took up most of the call. They explained about the group and asked if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at BP (Houston, TX).

Interview

Its a long process. In my case I was applying from the outside, so the vetting can be a little daunting. You could break down the whole thing in three phases:
    1. Phone interveiw with to confirm basic information. Very softball questions.
    2. Face to face interview with prospective team, panel of four people.
    3. Informal lunch gathering to meet additional prospective team members, lighthearted conversations.
    I felt that it was very good doing good research on the company. My approach was basic stuff; reading their history on their website, knowing who the CEO was, knowing about previous mergers and aquisitions... nothing fancy really. What made the difference (I think, I could be wrong) was to have a good set of questions to ask. I worked a lot on this, doing mind maps of topics relevant to the role, and managed to get very intelligent talking points into the table with the interview panel. I feel that without this, I would just have been your average interviee...

Interview Questions

• In my case I was moving frm a manager to an analyst role, so the topic about a "step down" was brought forward. Being the elephant in the room, I had my elevator pitch ready... be ready for yours (we all have one.)
      Some technical questions were raised, both on the panel and the lunch... but very consistent with the role, so answers and confirmations abounded.

Answer Question

Negotiation

It took aproximately one month from job application to interview, and an additional 45 days from interview to offer. Negotiation was fairly simple, almost haggle free. Background check was a nightmare, my advice is to have have a list of contacts from previous roles ready (email, phone, address), so they can fill in the blanks. Academic records are also needed, so have them handy.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

interviewed at BP (Baku (Azerbaijan)) in April 2008.

Interview

Interview was technical and behavioral. Mostly finance related questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Investment appraisal related questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Three stage interview process: the first one was a group assessment centre followed by a short one-one-one with HR, the next with the analyst team, and the final a full panel interview with senior members of the company, by far the most nerve-wracking.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

it was very interesting and OVERLY thorough. , to the point that I couldn't believe that ANY decisions were made. Four hours I walked out of the building and was confused as to which direction I was facing. Of course I do believe that this is an exception to how things normally are

Interview Questions

• If a client told you they wanted to make a rock, what question would you ask first   2 Answers