BP

BP Chemical Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP.

BP has a career fair in my university. I had an on-campus interview for one and half hours. Most of them are behavior questions. After two weeks, I was invited for the on-site interview. May questions were repeated by different interviewers such as challenge, safety, and leadership. They did not ask any case study questions. The presentation is about 45 minutes and people asked about technical questions.

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in September 2010.

Basic interview questions and resume run through. Favorite class, least favorite class, study abroad experience and language abilities. Later, a behavioral run through about working in groups, ethical dilemmas. Finally, a skills-based question about fluid dynamics and building a pipeline to a reservoir at the coast.

The interviewer was very nice at first but then tried to fluster me during the skills interview. Be ready for them to be confrontational.

Interview Questions
    • Take about how to build and design a pipeline from the mountains to the coast in california, including pumps, flow meters, reservoirs, etc.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

There were general questions at the beginning, such as "Tell me about yourself?" and it was quite conversational for the first 15 minutes. Then we moved on to behavioral questions and final there was a technical component where I had to analyze a chemical engineering related problem. The whole interview process lasted a while, about an hour and 10 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where someone on your team was hard to deal with, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BP in November 2008.

Completed a long online form with lots of skills based questions, such as "Write about a time when you used such and such a skill"... Then was invited for a day of interviews - one interview was more general about interests and skills, one interview was technical so used my engineering knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Engineering related technical questions were difficult - I didn't know much about the oil industry.   Answer Question
    None - just accepted the position of a summer internship