BP Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 29, 2015

3.2

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlett, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Bartlett, IL).

Interview

Mostly the manager telling tales to try to get me to work for him. There were no really difficult or nonstandard interview questions. Spend an hour with a book on job interview strategy and you will be more than ready for this. Have I met the 50 word minimum yet? How about now? How about now?

IST Sophomore Experienxe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email telling me I would have a phone interview in the coming days. Kind of short notice. I set up a time that worked for me. My interviewer called approximately 3-4 min after my scheduled time. He told me about himself and proceeded to ask me questions. He asked about 5 questions two of which I had prepared answers for which was great. In all, it lasted around 20 min. At the end, he asked if I had any questions. I hear back in about two weeks.

Account Opening Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

To determine who would be laid off, the company developed a process that required each group member to prepare a self evaluation, have an evaluation conducted by 3 unknown peers, interview for your current position and be evaluated by your superiors. This was all smoke and mirrors to eliminate 25% of the staff which was heavily weighted with employees over 50 years old.

Interview Questions

• Subjective questions - tell me a time when.....   1 Answer

Settlement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Warrenville, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

the process took three to four weeks since I submitted my online application , got initial application review email , then got welcome letter moving forward to light phone interview , forward to formal interview , it was all about behavioral questions .. but the hiring manager was decided who she will hire ( Network I guess ) thats why she didn't pay attention to my interview and being rude even though I'm an MBA finance certificate holder .. her assistant was handling the interview .

Interview Questions

• it was all about behavioral attitude and how you act against problems at work .. which makes me wonder that anyone can tell lies and lies and make himself a hero to get a chance for this job !!   1 Answer

Area Process Safety Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whiting, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Whiting, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Followed by the book the behavorial interview technique. Interviewed five candidates in the span of five days. In my case an "Ex" BP employee showed up as the sixth candidate and got the job. Funny thing is he had NO experience in the area. Makes me doubt the whole process as rigged.

Interview Questions

• Tell an instance where you had to make an unpopular decision and how did your justify it? What was the result and why   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Naperville, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

MBI (MOTIVATIONAL-BASED INTERVIEWING) / Behavior Interview. The Interview contains motivational based questionnaire, like describe a time, what task or problem you faced, how did you react and what was the outcome. You may always want to turn the end result to be always positive. Ensure that you make the outcome a win win without sounding like a complainer. Say a project that was difficult and you had no choice, what did you do, how did you react, how did you influence to be positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker, how did you react and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

I had other offers and at that time I wanted to pursue being a contractor.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

The hiring process required one phone interview and one face-to-face interview in front of a panel. The face-to-face interview included more than 10 questions, one right after another. The questions were on personal work experience, and the related future role, which in this case was related to strategy. Case studies were used during the interview.

Interview Questions

• One question was on how depreciation expense affects the income statement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to increase my signing bonus a little bit by negotiating with the hiring manager.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Interview is grueling. In short, you can be masterful for the job itself, but if you don't answer the questions correctly, which have barely anything to do with the job itself, then you are quickly eliminated. For example, if you are applying to be a financial analyst, you may be asked to talk about a time when you needed to sell a difficult decision, or talk about how you respond to time crunches…..you aren't asked if you can actually crunch numbers!!!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you have identified a risk to operational/project delivery. What was the risk and how did you identify it? Why did you consider it to be a risk? What action did you take? How did your actions affect the operational/project delivery? What did you learn from this experience and how have you applied this learning?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. BP is well aware of their size and "big league" mentality. They are aware there is 1000 applicants for every job. If you don't like it, then move aside because someone else will take what you don't want.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people, including 2 potential peers, the hiring manager and a "stakeholder. The process was very standard. Mostly it was a review of my resume and a lot of "how would you handle this situation" type of questions. It is important to make sure you research the company though. It has a rich history and is very complex. They are looking for folks that can handle that.

Negotiation

The offer was better than I expected

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Warrenville, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is extremely slow and without feedback on where they are in the process. Interview process was a panel interview with no time allocated for the interviewee to ask questions. Role play is also part of the interview process. Prepare to act through what it is that they expect you to do in "real" life. I was very excited about the role, however, I received two offers while waiting for BP to make a decision. I declined as the salary was significantly lower then the two offers that I received. The three roles were comparable in responsibility and level of experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Workspace was a surprise. Maybe it's a new concept. No more cubicles, just a chair. All seating is visible. No offices or cubicles. Carpet squares are bright and multi-colored, which gives it a pre-school feel. If you need to meet, you have to do it in the cafeteria.   Answer Question

Salary significantly lower than offers received.