BP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BP in September 2012.

Interview Details – This started with me applyting on line and getting a call back from teh recruiter.. then I was parts of a Panel Interview, then met with the hiring manager as a final.

Interview Question – What areas do I feel I hae an opportunity to work on.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They had asked what my expectations woudl be.

Very Difficult Interview

Strategy Analyst Interview

Strategy Analyst
Warrenville, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – The hiring process required one phone interview and one face-to-face interview in front of a panel. The face-to-face interview included more than 10 questions, one right after another. The questions were on personal work experience, and the related future role, which in this case was related to strategy. Case studies were used during the interview.

Interview Question – One question was on how depreciation expense affects the income statement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to increase my signing bonus a little bit by negotiating with the hiring manager.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in June 2010.

Interview Details – Contractor so my process will be different. I has hired for a short project. After that was completed I extended for 3 years.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Senior Associate Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BP in March 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online, and wait for calling; then email notice, prepare for the interviews. The process is consisting of skill interview and people interview. For skill interview, the majority is behavior questions for past experiences, besides personal background, such as education, strengthen, etc. Finally is manager interview, one by one, talking about thinking about the job.

Interview Question – What is your leadership? please show it by your experience.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst
Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – Interview is grueling. In short, you can be masterful for the job itself, but if you don't answer the questions correctly, which have barely anything to do with the job itself, then you are quickly eliminated. For example, if you are applying to be a financial analyst, you may be asked to talk about a time when you needed to sell a difficult decision, or talk about how you respond to time crunches…..you aren't asked if you can actually crunch numbers!!!

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you have identified a risk to operational/project delivery. What was the risk and how did you identify it? Why did you consider it to be a risk? What action did you take? How did your actions affect the operational/project delivery? What did you learn from this experience and how have you applied this learning?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. BP is well aware of their size and "big league" mentality. They are aware there is 1000 applicants for every job. If you don't like it, then move aside because someone else will take what you don't want.

Procurement Interview

Procurement
Warrenville, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BP in November 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process is extremely slow and without feedback on where they are in the process. Interview process was a panel interview with no time allocated for the interviewee to ask questions. Role play is also part of the interview process. Prepare to act through what it is that they expect you to do in "real" life. I was very excited about the role, however, I received two offers while waiting for BP to make a decision. I declined as the salary was significantly lower then the two offers that I received. The three roles were comparable in responsibility and level of experience.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. Workspace was a surprise. Maybe it's a new concept. No more cubicles, just a chair. All seating is visible. No offices or cubicles. Carpet squares are bright and multi-colored, which gives it a pre-school feel. If you need to meet, you have to do it in the cafeteria.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary significantly lower than offers received.

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4 people, including 2 potential peers, the hiring manager and a "stakeholder. The process was very standard. Mostly it was a review of my resume and a lot of "how would you handle this situation" type of questions. It is important to make sure you research the company though. It has a rich history and is very complex. They are looking for folks that can handle that.

Negotiation Details – The offer was better than I expected

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Human Resources Advisor
Whiting, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP in September 2013.

Interview Details – Required to fill out an application online that included specific questions regardless related work experiences. that met the requirements of the position. Contacted by the recruiter and participated in a 30 minute phone screen. By the end of the day, was contacted to schedule a face to face interview by the Recruitment Coordinator. The interview was a panel interview with behavioral questions. Very little time left to ask questions but it was allowed.

Interview Question – What is the biggest thing you think you will have to learn to get acclimated?   Answer Question

Procurement Enablement Interview

Procurement Enablement
Warrenville, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in December 2012.

Interview Details – The panel interviewers were very inexperienced. They do not know what an interview process is.

Interview Question – They were very sloppy and very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BP in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call a few days later to schedule the interview. Interview panel of five people, very informal, made me feel very comfortable and at ease. Most questions are behavioral, about providing examples of specific scenarios or situations from your past job experience. Questions will vary according to the role you apply for. Use the STAR method as a guide to answer any of the questions. If your answer is incomplete, expect follow up questions.

Interview Question – Just in general, be very prepared for the typical "Why should you get this job? What makes you the top candidate? What differentiates you from the other candidates?"   View Answer

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!