BP

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Golden, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BP in January 2010.

Interview Details – This was a very technical interview process that they have completely gone away from because it did not provide the proper level of assessment of the candidate. The individuals performing the interview were the same people that I ended up working with and were very pleasant to interview with and the interview process did not seem too overwhelming.

Interview Question – Solving a technical problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Increased base due to mistake in the offering process.

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – I was contacted to interview with BP through the SWE conference website, and had an initial 75 minute interview when at the conference. The recruiter was nice and patient with me if I paused to think before answering questions. The interview consisted of a behavioral portion and a technical portion, with the technical portion being a simple scenario in which I was asked to describe how to obtain certain information, or what would change as a result of an external stimulus. Honestly I felt like it was more a test to see how well I though on my feet. Two weeks later I got a call inviting me to an onsite interview, which was very similar in format. After the interview I got a tour of the campus, and lunch in the cafeteria. One thing I noticed was that there were a lot of women, and that there were many Spanish speakers- both of which I think are positive aspects because they speak of a diverse and multicultural environment. A few days later I got a call offering me the position.

Interview Question – None. Questions are there to test your response under pressure, and are relatively simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but the offer was good to begin with.

Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – One telephone interview with two to three people including supervisor for the position. Questions revolved around background of skills and experience. Next phone call was about pay which I did not accept. A third phone call with revised pay package.

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at BP in July 2012.

Interview Details – By phone. Technical interview carried out by a senior engineer. I was asked details on my job positions and activities.

Interview Question – Anything that much difficult, just questions related to the job position and my experience.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Drilling Engineer
Port-of-Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BP in May 2008.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews in one day, a technical, an HR and a group interview. Highest scores are made offers.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!