BP

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern Engineer Interview

Intern Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – Online Application
Online Test - 2 sections, one verbal reasoning and one maths. Allocated time of 20 mins for each
Personal Interview - roughly 30 mins long, ask you about achievements, working in a team, working with some difficult etc.
Technical Interview - 1hr 30 mins in person technical interview
Assessment Centre

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked with someone who was difficult and what you gained from this?   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – An online application followed by a competency based phone interview then called for face to face interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you faced difficulty forming relationships.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BP in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interview split between a technical interview and a personal interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Only given 1 week to accept or decline offer

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in October 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty Standard Interview, I ended up being from the same city that my interviewer was from which was helpful in relating to him. They asked a technical question relating to heat transfer. I answered it to the best of my ability, although I had not yet taken heat transfer. Apparently, I did well enough to get an offer.

Interview Question – Describe how you could change the amount of heat dissipation in this system (system picture shown on paper)?   View Answer

Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at BP in October 2009.

Interview Details – They had an info session on campus, and then I submitted my resume to them through our career center at school. You HAVE to go to their website and apply online otherwise you cannot interview with them. The online application took a while, it had about 3 short answer essays. My interview was from an actual engineer with no personality skills. He basically read from the questions and did not offer any feedback. I will not judge BP from this though because I think it is just this interviewers personality. Also, he asked me a technical question: How many volts do you think it takes to power an offshore rig.

Interview Question – How many volts does it take to power an off shore rig?   View Answers (2)

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!