BP Geophysicist Interview Questions

3.5

Geophysicist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP in September 2013.

Interviewed at job fair, heard back within 5 weeks. Everyone very helpful along the way and I felt that they were really interested in how the experience was for me. I think it definitely helped that I was referred by one of their previous interns and his supervisor. I did have to follow up to get information on my offer.

Interview Questions
  • Had to interpret seismic section, relatively simple, kind of poor quality data.   View Answer
No negotiation for internship.

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BP in November 2012.

I submitted my resume for a student Expo, go a call for interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in September 2011.

After delivering the resume through the career center of our campus, I was notified the time slots to set an appointment with BP. The interview is 1:1. It can be divided into two parts. The first part was about the background (education, research area). The other part was like a test. He pulled out a seismic cross section and let me to interpret the geologic phenomenon.

Interview Questions
    • where is the best place to drill a well? (show it on the seismic cross section)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BP in January 2011.

Applied through the AGU career center.
    First interview 1x1 at AGU, lasted about 75 mins. A regular discussion of myself/work followed by a scenario based session. Questions to expect, how did you get into your field, strengths /weaknesses, what did you do when you were in a confrontational situation. Next they offered me seismic profile line to interpret.

Second Interview - on-site in TX. 1x1 scenario based interview, first few minutes similar to the first interview, a regular discussion. The scenario based question. how would you develop a basin from exploration to production. Lasted about 60 mins.

Presentation: based on your current research. Lasted about 45 mins. Expect questions. ex. assumptions/alternate interpretations etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a confrontational situation you under went and your solution.   View Answer
    • Interpret a seismic profile + explain basin development from exploration to production   View Answer