BP Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Mar 28, 2015

3.3

NAGP Confirmations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP in February 2015.

Applied on BP's website first. Then received call from recruiting manager about setting up phone interview. Had the phone interview, took a little over 30 minutes. After that got called in for a 2 hour panel interview with 6 interviewer's. 3 on 1 panel for one hour then another 3 on 1 panel with different people for another hour. Showed me around the Helios building a bit beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time or experience you had when you were required to use courage in the workplace.   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BP.

Recruiter contacted me to interview with them.

The hiring manager was definitely not interested in me since I did not have the experience or pedigree he was looking for. Not sure why they brought me in for an interview.

Granted I had food poisoning the morning of the interview so maybe it was me?

Essentially it was a waste of time.

Marine Superintendnet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2014.

Completed online application, received confirmation of receipt the same day, received confirmation of meeting qualifications in 2 days, conducted phone interview with group within 2 weeks, received regrets confirmations 5 days after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions behavior or technical based requiring comment on previous actions. Master-pilot exchange question requires an answer indicating doubt of pilot's ability.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BP in October 2014.

60 minute interview with panel, including HR, incumbent, & Manager. Standard behavioral questions, team focus, & process improvement focused. Very few technical questions. It's basically make it or break it in 4-5 questions. I was an internal candidate yet I had to apply online just like other folks.. i believe the position was also posted externally so there may have been others who applied from outside the company.

They reviewed my resume and qualifications against the requirements of the job.. then chose me for the interview. I had a short conversation with HR prior to the real 60 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • Question on doing bank reconciliation process   View Answer
    • How did I handle a difficult task with a difficult team member   View Answer

CPI Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BP in September 2014.

Interview consists of two cases. Each case is with two interviews. The cases seemed easier than the extremely detailed behavioral portion in which you are expected to give step-by-step examples of skills you have previously performed. The bottom line is that they are seeking individuals with a background in analytics.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to plan a project before executing it. Describe the process.   Answer Question

BP IST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP in September 2014.

Applied though my school and then got an in person interview at the career center at my school.
    The in person interview was conducted by two Bp employees. One was HR and the other one worked on the trade floor. They were pleasant and throughly explained the technical questions. I got one question wrong and then they went through it with me and explained why my answer was wrong.
    As long as you show confidence throughout the interview they will think of you as a valuable candidate.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

Many offers are given at college interviews or at the end of an internship. They will only talk to top 10% and Masters+ students. Hiring goals constantly change hence some offers get rescinded. Focus answers around actual achievements, being a team player, and passion for the business and learning. Research and a thesis that are industry related is major plus.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to give examples of something you proposed where you made a difference. It could be a better flow around tables in a restaurant, just something that shows action. There are proposed questions for an interviewer but it's up to him/her as to what to ask. Most ask how you handled a difficult boss or someone you worked with. BP doesn't like conflict and wants folk who can resolve issues not create them.   Answer Question
    You have the most leverage when accepting a new job, after that it's a statistical play. Be reasonable but if it's really important then ask. They might say OK.

1L Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in February 2014.

The people were really great. I applied online. There were multiple applicants but only eight people were selected for interviews. Initially I was very nervous. However, as the interview continued I relaxed. I received notice about a month after I applied.

Interview Questions
    • What are two reasons the BP internship would benefit me.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at BP.

I was contacted to interview with BP through the SWE conference website, and had an initial 75 minute interview when at the conference. The recruiter was nice and patient with me if I paused to think before answering questions. The interview consisted of a behavioral portion and a technical portion, with the technical portion being a simple scenario in which I was asked to describe how to obtain certain information, or what would change as a result of an external stimulus. Honestly I felt like it was more a test to see how well I though on my feet. Two weeks later I got a call inviting me to an onsite interview, which was very similar in format. After the interview I got a tour of the campus, and lunch in the cafeteria. One thing I noticed was that there were a lot of women, and that there were many Spanish speakers- both of which I think are positive aspects because they speak of a diverse and multicultural environment. A few days later I got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions are there to test your response under pressure, and are relatively simple.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but the offer was good to begin with.

PSCM Intern - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Very straight forward application process. First step was to apply through my university and then through the BP website. I did not have to answer any essay questions unlike what other reviewers mentioned. After completing the resume screening, I went through an on campus interview consisting of behavioral questions and a case study. My interviewer read off a list of general "describe a time..." behavioral questions for the most part and then transitioned into more company value specific questions.

The case study portion was also a multiple step business scenario. Did not involve any math and I believe was mostly used to analyze my thought process, understanding of the situation and respective stakeholders, and connection to company values.

It was a very intuitive process with no unnecessarily difficult questions and just great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to learn to respect someone.   Answer Question