BP Interview Questions in Houston, TX

3.3

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

Many offers are given at college interviews or at the end of an internship. They will only talk to top 10% and Masters+ students. Hiring goals constantly change hence some offers get rescinded. Focus answers around actual achievements, being a team player, and passion for the business and learning. Research and a thesis that are industry related is major plus.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to give examples of something you proposed where you made a difference. It could be a better flow around tables in a restaurant, just something that shows action. There are proposed questions for an interviewer but it's up to him/her as to what to ask. Most ask how you handled a difficult boss or someone you worked with. BP doesn't like conflict and wants folk who can resolve issues not create them.   Answer Question
    You have the most leverage when accepting a new job, after that it's a statistical play. Be reasonable but if it's really important then ask. They might say OK.

1L Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in February 2014.

The people were really great. I applied online. There were multiple applicants but only eight people were selected for interviews. Initially I was very nervous. However, as the interview continued I relaxed. I received notice about a month after I applied.

Interview Questions
    • What are two reasons the BP internship would benefit me.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at BP.

I was contacted to interview with BP through the SWE conference website, and had an initial 75 minute interview when at the conference. The recruiter was nice and patient with me if I paused to think before answering questions. The interview consisted of a behavioral portion and a technical portion, with the technical portion being a simple scenario in which I was asked to describe how to obtain certain information, or what would change as a result of an external stimulus. Honestly I felt like it was more a test to see how well I though on my feet. Two weeks later I got a call inviting me to an onsite interview, which was very similar in format. After the interview I got a tour of the campus, and lunch in the cafeteria. One thing I noticed was that there were a lot of women, and that there were many Spanish speakers- both of which I think are positive aspects because they speak of a diverse and multicultural environment. A few days later I got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions are there to test your response under pressure, and are relatively simple.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but the offer was good to begin with.

PSCM Intern - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Very straight forward application process. First step was to apply through my university and then through the BP website. I did not have to answer any essay questions unlike what other reviewers mentioned. After completing the resume screening, I went through an on campus interview consisting of behavioral questions and a case study. My interviewer read off a list of general "describe a time..." behavioral questions for the most part and then transitioned into more company value specific questions.

The case study portion was also a multiple step business scenario. Did not involve any math and I believe was mostly used to analyze my thought process, understanding of the situation and respective stakeholders, and connection to company values.

It was a very intuitive process with no unnecessarily difficult questions and just great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to learn to respect someone.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Applied online, passed phone interview, was invited for in-person interview...after about a 2 hour interview and a month long wait to hear back, an HR person from London informed me that since SHE DID NOT MEET ME, it was a difficult decision to make, especially since I had a strong interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you go about changing an established system or challenge it   Answer Question

Measurement Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

One interview with a panel. HR and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you have had a conflict with a coworker   Answer Question

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BP in September 2013.

HR email, followed by a phone call from the hiring manager, then on-site. The manager asked for a phone call afterward by never called, next week found out the application is no longer under consideration. They are really bad at being on time and responding emails.

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BP.

Headhunted by recruiter. Recruiter had great questions. Scheduled interview with Director.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, very bland questioning. Interviewer was in a hurry. Didn't feel like a match based on type of experience she was seeking.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Its a long process. In my case I was applying from the outside, so the vetting can be a little daunting. You could break down the whole thing in three phases:
    1. Phone interveiw with to confirm basic information. Very softball questions.
    2. Face to face interview with prospective team, panel of four people.
    3. Informal lunch gathering to meet additional prospective team members, lighthearted conversations.
    I felt that it was very good doing good research on the company. My approach was basic stuff; reading their history on their website, knowing who the CEO was, knowing about previous mergers and aquisitions... nothing fancy really. What made the difference (I think, I could be wrong) was to have a good set of questions to ask. I worked a lot on this, doing mind maps of topics relevant to the role, and managed to get very intelligent talking points into the table with the interview panel. I feel that without this, I would just have been your average interviee...

Interview Questions
    • In my case I was moving frm a manager to an analyst role, so the topic about a "step down" was brought forward. Being the elephant in the room, I had my elevator pitch ready... be ready for yours (we all have one.)
      Some technical questions were raised, both on the panel and the lunch... but very consistent with the role, so answers and confirmations abounded.
        Answer Question
    It took aproximately one month from job application to interview, and an additional 45 days from interview to offer. Negotiation was fairly simple, almost haggle free. Background check was a nightmare, my advice is to have have a list of contacts from previous roles ready (email, phone, address), so they can fill in the blanks. Academic records are also needed, so have them handy.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BP in May 2013.

Contacted for a phone interview, which was approx 45 min long and not the ordinary one. The recruiter was excellent so she told me a lot about the company and role, not just pelted me with rote questions.

Conducted another phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager, 1 hour. Also, not standard rote questions but real and dynamic.

Flew me to the office about 2 weeks later for an in-person interview. Three 1-on-1 interviews, again non-standard questions which really helped build a rapport and were very effective.

Offered a position later that same day.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions   View Answer