BP Human Resources Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Whiting, IN
Anonymous Employee in Whiting, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP in September 2013.

Required to fill out an application online that included specific questions regardless related work experiences. that met the requirements of the position. Contacted by the recruiter and participated in a 30 minute phone screen. By the end of the day, was contacted to schedule a face to face interview by the Recruitment Coordinator. The interview was a panel interview with behavioral questions. Very little time left to ask questions but it was allowed.

Interview Questions
  • What is the biggest thing you think you will have to learn to get acclimated?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at BP in September 2011.

The recruiter called me to do a pre-screen interview; hiring manager did a phone interview with me to explain the position requirements and duties; recruiting coordinator contacted me to schedule a face to face interview with a group panel. I interviewed with a group panel of 3 BP HR employees. Completed the interview. Received a verbal offer from the hiring manager offering me the job, received an offer package from the recruiter about 3 days later (was in a foreign country at the time). Worst part of the process is the background screen, the vendor who does this didn't have a fax machine that could accept international faxes, it took another 10 days resolve this matter. Orientation is elaborate and convoluted, but they are working on updating that with a new program Discover BP which is really quite good.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a few situational questions, but nothing I would classify as difficult or unexpected. HR is where difficult and unexpected live and play.   Answer Question
    Simple and transparent. A phone call between the recruiter and myself, and the hiring manager and myself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BP in July 2008.

Hiring process was efficient and positive.

Interview Questions
    • A major part of the interview was about Diversity and Inclusion which was unexpected.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate and I should have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BP in September 2011.

I received a call from the hiring manager, she conducted a pre-screen interview, discussing the position and the situation. Based on my interest and responses to her questions, she elected to have me come in for a face-to-face interview, they gave me pre-read materials for the interview session and communicated how things would go down, I was interviewed by a panel of 3 managers, they did behavioral interviewing based on the job requirements, it was very clear and concise. Everyone was very engaging and professional. After that panel discussion, I had to do a face-to-face meeting with a more senior HR director, she was very gracious and laid back, explaining what was going on in the office regarding restructuring and realignment activities. All in all, it was really a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario involving uncovering an issue with site practices that weren't inline with corporate policy, how would you handle communication and what steps would you take next?   Answer Question
    Be honest about what you are making and what you want, their background check is intense, they ask for W-2s and paystubs, so don't lie. They aren't going to short-change you.

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!