BP

Updated Nov 12, 2014

3.4

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Interview is half behavioral and half technical assessment. They will assess your academic record, previous experiences, and interview in the consideration. The time to respond takes a while, as the company waits until they have completed interviews for all possible candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Technical assessment includes mathematical calculations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in September 2014.

Asked based on the interview questions given from a paper. Was a 75 minute interview. Both behavioral and technical.

Technical question was based on fluid and thermodynamics. Behavioral was easy, and no deep thinking is required.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BP.

On-campus interview. Behavioral based questions and a case question at the end. Rigorous questions but nothing too difficult.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP.

The process was through the career center. The one interview took about 1:30 minutes. 45 Behavioral question and 45 on technical part. Technical part made me nervous, it was a very general problem but interviewer was helpful and allowed to go back and make additions to the problem solving. You don't require calculator or anything, in my case didn't even calculate anything just stated how I would solve the problem, what information I would need (fluid properties, the equipment geometry and dimensions, etc). I would say medium-high difficulty just because the technical part is so broad.

Interview Questions
    • They just showed me a heat exchanger, told me it didn't work to specifications and tell them what could be wrong. What would I need to estimate if it was wrong and what actions I could take to change them   Answer Question

I haven't made my mind yet but it I will definitely consider this opportunity as one of my top priorities.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at BP in October 2013.

i was notified via email that i was selected for an interview slot during the engineering conference. The interview lasted nearly an hour and it consisted of behavioral questions and one technical question. I only went through one interview and i was notified via phone call of my acceptance 2 months later.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was to analyze the design of a new piping support system. you are expected to know beam theory and the relationship between forces and beam dimensions.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Two phone interviews, one traditional and one job-specific. Each phone interview lasted around thirty minutes (actual interview time). Interviewers didn't jump right into the interview, but asked general questions to try to get to know the candidate better, ask how school was going, found common connections, etc. Interview was not stressful, but they asked common tough questions and asked about interest in oil and gas industry, and asked how candidate would fit with company values

45 minute behavioral interview followed by 45 minute technical interview

Interview Questions
    • the technical interview questions were material that I had not yet seen in school   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Only had one interview, was relatively straight forward. Interviewed by two of the senior engineers. None of the questions were particularly hard. The whole process was very professional. Received and prompt response within a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward conceptual engineering problem designed to make you think out of the box.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at BP.

I got an email from the HR department asking if I was still interested. They contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions about my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP in September 2012.

I was emailed that I needed to schedule an interview. I was then invited to a dinner to mingle with other prospect interns and current employees. We were told about the company and what an internship looks like. I thought it was a very good event to hold before the interviews. The interviews took place the following two days after the dinner and consisted of a 45 minute behavioral portion and 45 minute technical portion. The timeline was 3 weeks to hear a decision while some heard earlier that they did not get it. I was told a day before the 3 weeks was up that I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Outside of engineering classes and/or coursework. When have you used your engineering prowess to solve a problem or overcome an obstacle?   View Answer