BP

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – On-campus interview. Behavioral based questions and a case question at the end. Rigorous questions but nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Case question.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – The process was through the career center. The one interview took about 1:30 minutes. 45 Behavioral question and 45 on technical part. Technical part made me nervous, it was a very general problem but interviewer was helpful and allowed to go back and make additions to the problem solving. You don't require calculator or anything, in my case didn't even calculate anything just stated how I would solve the problem, what information I would need (fluid properties, the equipment geometry and dimensions, etc). I would say medium-high difficulty just because the technical part is so broad.

Interview Question – They just showed me a heat exchanger, told me it didn't work to specifications and tell them what could be wrong. What would I need to estimate if it was wrong and what actions I could take to change them   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I haven't made my mind yet but it I will definitely consider this opportunity as one of my top priorities.

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was emailed that I needed to schedule an interview. I was then invited to a dinner to mingle with other prospect interns and current employees. We were told about the company and what an internship looks like. I thought it was a very good event to hold before the interviews. The interviews took place the following two days after the dinner and consisted of a 45 minute behavioral portion and 45 minute technical portion. The timeline was 3 weeks to hear a decision while some heard earlier that they did not get it. I was told a day before the 3 weeks was up that I did not get an offer.

Interview Question – Outside of engineering classes and/or coursework. When have you used your engineering prowess to solve a problem or overcome an obstacle?   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, one traditional and one job-specific. Each phone interview lasted around thirty minutes (actual interview time). Interviewers didn't jump right into the interview, but asked general questions to try to get to know the candidate better, ask how school was going, found common connections, etc. Interview was not stressful, but they asked common tough questions and asked about interest in oil and gas industry, and asked how candidate would fit with company values

Interview Question – Question about company values   Answer Question

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details – 45 minute behavioral interview followed by 45 minute technical interview

Interview Question – the technical interview questions were material that I had not yet seen in school   Answer Question

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details – Only had one interview, was relatively straight forward. Interviewed by two of the senior engineers. None of the questions were particularly hard. The whole process was very professional. Received and prompt response within a few weeks.

Interview Question – Straight forward conceptual engineering problem designed to make you think out of the box.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – I got an email from the HR department asking if I was still interested. They contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions about my resume.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit in BP?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – online qs, phone competency based interview, tech interview and asessment centre

Interview Question – Project Management Case studies   View Answer

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details – Passed initial tests. Competency interview very soft. When have you had to work as a team? When you had to overcome a difficult relationship? What is the proudest goal that you have achieved?

Interview Question – What is the most challenging thing you have ever done?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in January 2011.

Interview Details – Went for the assessment day. Wasnt successful due to lack in technical interview

Interview Question – What if you are unable to succeed in BP?   Answer Question

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!