BP

Updated Feb 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – online qs, phone competency based interview, tech interview and asessment centre

Interview Question – Project Management Case studies   View Answer

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details – 45 minute behavioral interview followed by 45 minute technical interview

Interview Question – the technical interview questions were material that I had not yet seen in school   Answer Question

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details – Only had one interview, was relatively straight forward. Interviewed by two of the senior engineers. None of the questions were particularly hard. The whole process was very professional. Received and prompt response within a few weeks.

Interview Question – Straight forward conceptual engineering problem designed to make you think out of the box.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details – Passed initial tests. Competency interview very soft. When have you had to work as a team? When you had to overcome a difficult relationship? What is the proudest goal that you have achieved?

Interview Question – What is the most challenging thing you have ever done?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – I got an email from the HR department asking if I was still interested. They contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions about my resume.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit in BP?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – On-campus interview. Behavioral based questions and a case question at the end. Rigorous questions but nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Case question.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in November 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process is pretty average but it does contain a few technical questions.

Interview Question – What do you need to take into consideration if your building a pipeline from a well to a refinery?   Answer Question

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at BP in October 2009.

Interview Details – The BP interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. The first was your typical interview, and the second was a case study. You are presented with some facts and must determine a strategic plan for the company. During this process, other typical questions are asked.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the gas industry?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was emailed that I needed to schedule an interview. I was then invited to a dinner to mingle with other prospect interns and current employees. We were told about the company and what an internship looks like. I thought it was a very good event to hold before the interviews. The interviews took place the following two days after the dinner and consisted of a 45 minute behavioral portion and 45 minute technical portion. The timeline was 3 weeks to hear a decision while some heard earlier that they did not get it. I was told a day before the 3 weeks was up that I did not get an offer.

Interview Question – Outside of engineering classes and/or coursework. When have you used your engineering prowess to solve a problem or overcome an obstacle?   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in October 2008.

Interview Details – On-campus interview that consisted of behavioral and case interviews. The behavioral was just like any other, however it was odd that the interviewer took a 10 minute call 2 minutes into the interview. The case interview asked questions directly about the petroleum business.

Interview Question – If you were to start a drilling operation in a new country, what would be the problems you would be worried about/expect?   Answer Question

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!