BP Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

13 interviews

3.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

45 minute behavioral interview followed by 45 minute technical interview

Interview Questions
  • the technical interview questions were material that I had not yet seen in school   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Intern Interview

Only had one interview, was relatively straight forward. Interviewed by two of the senior engineers. None of the questions were particularly hard. The whole process was very professional. Received and prompt response within a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward conceptual engineering problem designed to make you think out of the box.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BP.

online qs, phone competency based interview, tech interview and asessment centre

Intern Interview

Passed initial tests. Competency interview very soft. When have you had to work as a team? When you had to overcome a difficult relationship? What is the proudest goal that you have achieved?

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging thing you have ever done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at BP.

I got an email from the HR department asking if I was still interested. They contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions about my resume.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BP.

On-campus interview. Behavioral based questions and a case question at the end. Rigorous questions but nothing too difficult.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at BP in November 2009.

The interview process is pretty average but it does contain a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you need to take into consideration if your building a pipeline from a well to a refinery?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at BP in October 2009.

The BP interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. The first was your typical interview, and the second was a case study. You are presented with some facts and must determine a strategic plan for the company. During this process, other typical questions are asked.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP.

The process was through the career center. The one interview took about 1:30 minutes. 45 Behavioral question and 45 on technical part. Technical part made me nervous, it was a very general problem but interviewer was helpful and allowed to go back and make additions to the problem solving. You don't require calculator or anything, in my case didn't even calculate anything just stated how I would solve the problem, what information I would need (fluid properties, the equipment geometry and dimensions, etc). I would say medium-high difficulty just because the technical part is so broad.

Interview Questions
    • They just showed me a heat exchanger, told me it didn't work to specifications and tell them what could be wrong. What would I need to estimate if it was wrong and what actions I could take to change them   Answer Question

I haven't made my mind yet but it I will definitely consider this opportunity as one of my top priorities.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BP in October 2008.

On-campus interview that consisted of behavioral and case interviews. The behavioral was just like any other, however it was odd that the interviewer took a 10 minute call 2 minutes into the interview. The case interview asked questions directly about the petroleum business.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to start a drilling operation in a new country, what would be the problems you would be worried about/expect?   Answer Question

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!