BP Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Interview

Passed initial tests. Competency interview very soft. When have you had to work as a team? When you had to overcome a difficult relationship? What is the proudest goal that you have achieved?

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging thing you have ever done?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Intern Interview

Interview

45 minute behavioral interview followed by 45 minute technical interview

Interview Questions

• the technical interview questions were material that I had not yet seen in school   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Interview is half behavioral and half technical assessment. They will assess your academic record, previous experiences, and interview in the consideration. The time to respond takes a while, as the company waits until they have completed interviews for all possible candidates.

Interview Questions

• Technical assessment includes mathematical calculations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

online qs, phone competency based interview, tech interview and asessment centre

Interview Questions

• Project Management Case studies   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP in September 2014.

Interview

Asked based on the interview questions given from a paper. Was a 75 minute interview. Both behavioral and technical. Technical question was based on fluid and thermodynamics. Behavioral was easy, and no deep thinking is required.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BP in October 2013.

Interview

i was notified via email that i was selected for an interview slot during the engineering conference. The interview lasted nearly an hour and it consisted of behavioral questions and one technical question. I only went through one interview and i was notified via phone call of my acceptance 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• the most difficult question was to analyze the design of a new piping support system. you are expected to know beam theory and the relationship between forces and beam dimensions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

On-campus interview. Behavioral based questions and a case question at the end. Rigorous questions but nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter and a manager. The recruiter went through a checklist of things to cover such as, but not limited to: resume, GPA, work experience, leadership roles, behavioral questions, what BP does, small case study detailing how you would react given a certain business situation or team incident, questions and answers, follow-up. First preference candidates typically get called back less than a week later.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BP (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2013.

Interview

Online Application through the portal found on the website - this required me to answer questions regarding experiences and uni etc Some testing online Phone Call asking when am i free for interview Interview with HR manager and a team manager

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked in a team to create a positive outcome   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online when I found out about the position via my University and I was offered an in person interview (or phone/stream) right after the application submission process closed and had the interview at their American HQ approximately a week later. The questions were more about getting to know the person rather than knowledge or "situational" questions but some of those two categories were asked as well. One area I was pleasantly surprised by was the panel's knowledge about me and my resume. They were also very friendly. Have experience before applying (even if it's not in the energy sector) and be ready to explain how that will help and/or hurt you if working at BP. Overall duration was approximately thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us more about your knowledge/work in the field (I applied for)?   Answer Question