BP

Updated Nov 12, 2014

3.4

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Passed initial tests. Competency interview very soft. When have you had to work as a team? When you had to overcome a difficult relationship? What is the proudest goal that you have achieved?

Interview Questions
  • What is the most challenging thing you have ever done?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Intern Interview

Only had one interview, was relatively straight forward. Interviewed by two of the senior engineers. None of the questions were particularly hard. The whole process was very professional. Received and prompt response within a few weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward conceptual engineering problem designed to make you think out of the box.   Answer Question

45 minute behavioral interview followed by 45 minute technical interview

Interview Questions
    • the technical interview questions were material that I had not yet seen in school   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BP.

online qs, phone competency based interview, tech interview and asessment centre

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Interview is half behavioral and half technical assessment. They will assess your academic record, previous experiences, and interview in the consideration. The time to respond takes a while, as the company waits until they have completed interviews for all possible candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Technical assessment includes mathematical calculations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in September 2014.

Asked based on the interview questions given from a paper. Was a 75 minute interview. Both behavioral and technical.

Technical question was based on fluid and thermodynamics. Behavioral was easy, and no deep thinking is required.

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at BP in October 2013.

i was notified via email that i was selected for an interview slot during the engineering conference. The interview lasted nearly an hour and it consisted of behavioral questions and one technical question. I only went through one interview and i was notified via phone call of my acceptance 2 months later.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was to analyze the design of a new piping support system. you are expected to know beam theory and the relationship between forces and beam dimensions.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BP.

On-campus interview. Behavioral based questions and a case question at the end. Rigorous questions but nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at BP.

I got an email from the HR department asking if I was still interested. They contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of questions about my resume.

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in October 2009.

The BP interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. The first was your typical interview, and the second was a case study. You are presented with some facts and must determine a strategic plan for the company. During this process, other typical questions are asked.