BP

349 candidate interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BP in June 2008.

Interview Details – it was very interesting and OVERLY thorough. , to the point that I couldn't believe that ANY decisions were made. Four hours I walked out of the building and was confused as to which direction I was facing. Of course I do believe that this is an exception to how things normally are

Interview Question – If a client told you they wanted to make a rock, what question would you ask first   View Answers (2)

Architect Interview

Architect

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BP in August 2009.

Interview Details – Behavior interview with scripted question. 3 on the panel, one from hr. 7 question ask.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were unable to complete an activity. What did you do and how did it turn out?   View Answer

Senior Service Delivery Interview

Senior Service Delivery

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BP in February 2011.

Interview Details – Company is big on six sigma learnings and experience dealing with third party vendors. I was an internal candidate and probably they did not want to create gap with existing opportunity. Looking to hire more externally. The questions are behavioral based and they will only pull the top three candidates to interview. We describing your particular experience, be sure to mention the learnings you had and impact you made.

Interview Questions

• Describe a transformation process you introduced and the continual improvements.   View Answer
  • Describe a situation when you did not agree with your peers. Did you try to influence them to your point of view or go along with the majority. And the reason why.   View Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in November 2010.

Interview Details – Travel arrangements were great, they insisted to me to fly even with my willingness to drive. There were two panel interviews, one technical and one behavioral. The technical interview started with an explanation of BP, the organizational structure of the department and how the position fitted in the structure. I was asked to give an example on every answer and they keep drilling on my answers to a great detail. The second interview was a behavioral case questions; also they require examples in every answer. This interview process was one of the toughest one that I had ever encountered although they were very respectful.

Interview Questions

• How you given career coaching to a subordinate? Please provide an example.   Answer Question
  • Provide an example of a situation when one of your ideas have been rejected.   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Geologist
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at BP in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two separate interviews, one with human resources and one with the specialized team. Human resources interview asked basic interview questions i.e. tell me about working with someone that you didn't get along with, why do you want to work here etc. The interview with the specialists/scientists tested your skills, questioned your research and asked some basic questions i.e. tell me about yourself.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to meet a deadline, but didn't have enough time.   Answer Question

FERC Financial Analyst Interview

FERC Financial Analyst
Warrenville, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BP in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was probably the most difficult I've encountered. There was a 1.5hr test, a 20 min scenario interview where you are given 4 different scenarios. You have to spontaneously respond how you would handle each, and then you are to choose one of the options to each scenario. Then there was the panel of 2 behavioral based interview part.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to make an unfavorable decision. Why was it unfavorable and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Drilling Engineer Interview

Drilling Engineer
Port-of-Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BP in May 2008.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews in one day, a technical, an HR and a group interview. Highest scores are made offers.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Anchorage, AK

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BP in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, asked to interview at campus career fair, then asked to travel to office location for another couple days of interviews and orientations.

Interview Question – I had an unimpressive undergrad GPA thanks to my first couple years of college. Halfway through the interview, the lead interviewer dropped his scripted questions on the table in exasperation. He then asked me why I was even there with such a lousy GPA considering that most of my peers were 4.0 students. He followed up by grilling me on each class on my transcript in which I received a grade lower than a B.   View Answer

Entry Level Recent Graduate Job In Accounting Interview

Entry Level Recent Graduate Job In Accounting

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – Annual recruitment campaign calle challenge program

Interview Question – Various tests, exercices and interviews   Answer Question

Process Analyst (Service Management) Interview

Process Analyst (Service Management)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BP in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview itself was divided into three separate sessions. First, being a telephone based interview which existed for approximately 15 minutes. The telephone interview was done by the hiring managers based in UK. If you get through the telephone interview, they will personally fly down to your region for a more formal interview process with you. In my case, for the telephone based interview, I was asked the following question: "What do you know about IT Service Management?" That's all they ever said on the phone...from then on you will be expected to tell them everything you know about service management in 15 minutes. They will not interrupt or say anything in between. Once they have heard enough, they will tell you the time is up and will inform that if everything went well, we'll hear from them again within a week.

Interview Question – 1. What do you know about IT Service Management and why should we hire you?
2. Tell me a situation where you identified a risk within the operations and what you did about it?
3. Describe a situation where you had to pass a bad news to a colleague (Management Level) and tell us how and where the conversation took place?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BP

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BP interview questions and advice. All 349 interview reviews posted anonymously by BP employees and interview candidates.