BP

Getting the Interview

333 candidate interviews

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – BP has a career fair in my university. I had an on-campus interview for one and half hours. Most of them are behavior questions. After two weeks, I was invited for the on-site interview. May questions were repeated by different interviewers such as challenge, safety, and leadership. They did not ask any case study questions. The presentation is about 45 minutes and people asked about technical questions.

Interview Question – what is your least favorite class   Answer Question

Geoscience Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – Initial screening application which progressed instantly to full application. After application with usual competency and why do you want to work for us questions I was invited to submit online tests. These were numerical and verbal reasoning tests which were hard but I passed them to my surprise. Then I was invited to a personal interview 30mins long over the phone. Again all straight forward competency and personal questions. This progressed to technical interview at a BP site which was very hard but straight forward too. The interviewers were very nice and put me at ease. Unfortunately I did not progress but I will apply next year for graduate position instead.

Interview Question – When have you helped someone else in education?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details – Applied online; process was fairly quick. I first had a telephone interview with HR, pretty standard competency. This was followed by a technical interview in Aberdeen. Asked me about university experience, then onto scenario based questions about wells, drilling and drilling fluids etc. Looked like they had about 5 or 6 scenarios to choose from but only gave 2.

Interview Question – I wasn't sure what to expect generally over complicated technical aspects when they were actually looking for much simpler answer relating to basic mechanics.   Answer Question

Finance Risk Interview

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details – The phone-based competency interview is generally carried out by one or two members of the HR team, and is focused around previous experience and achievements. The interview reportedly lasts around 45 minutes, and is fairly relaxed and discussion-based rather than formal and structured. Previous questions have included:

Why do you want to work for BP?
Which other companies have you applied to?
What goals have you set for yourself and achieved?
Describe your role in a team project that you have been involved in.

Interview Question – they interrupt you in some case   Answer Question

Operations Support Executive Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP in December 2012.

Interview Details – 2 step. Phone call and on site. Phone call interview was fairly brief. On site, the interview steered towards industry terms and standards though the job was open for fresh grad and i was a fresh grad. Answered as best as i could but could visibly sense that the interviewer would rather have someone experienced applying for the job.

At end of interview, thanked them for the opportunity and mentioned would rather try other opportunities.

Interview Question – Interview tone wasn't that great. Office seemed to have decided to centralised the process under the hiring manager but from interview tone sensed the manager didn't want the additional responsibilities. Someone need to come in and set new standards and system (Remember it was open to fresh grad) and it seemed manager wasn't too supportive.   Answer Question

IST Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – campus recruiting - I had about a 2 hr interview with a technical and a behavior portion. Straightforward behavior part with an open-ended technical part.

Interview Question – They give you a scenario where they are producing oil somewhere, say the Gulf, and give you prices and associated shipping costs and you have to figure out what to do.   Answer Question

Mechnaical Engineering Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – It was a behavioral interview with one technical question. The technical question was about equilibrium mechanics, but they vary.

Interview Question – I did not expect the technical question.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

Interview Details – Applied online and got an phone interview

Interview Question – working experience   Answer Question

Commercial Interview

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details – Online tests followed by a phone interview, a technical interview and an assessment centre. Assessment was a half day consisting of two group exercises and an individual exercise, all of which were different case studies. About 14 others at the assessment day and were all split into groups of 5.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected, however quite a few calculations to be made in the exercises and a large amount of information to consider.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at BP

Interview Details – It was a difficult interview with many exhibits displayed and a few open ended questions. I thought I did a good job but received little feedback. Hope to hear back soon.

Interview Question – Questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BP

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BP interview questions and advice. All 333 interview reviews posted anonymously by BP employees and interview candidates.