BP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online when I found out about the position via my University and I was offered an in person interview (or phone/stream) right after the application submission process closed and had the interview at their American HQ approximately a week later. The questions were more about getting to know the person rather than knowledge or "situational" questions but some of those two categories were asked as well. One area I was pleasantly surprised by was the panel's knowledge about me and my resume. They were also very friendly. Have experience before applying (even if it's not in the energy sector) and be ready to explain how that will help and/or hurt you if working at BP. Overall duration was approximately thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us more about your knowledge/work in the field (I applied for)?   Answer Question

Safety and Operational Risk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BP in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted via phone and invited to the Trinidad headquarters for an interview. Interview was not that technical as this was just a summer internship. Was interviewed by HR and Safety team leader

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Lead Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)) in March 2013.

Interview

Contacted by Recruitment Agency who very quickly arranged a telephone interview by panel of interviewers, Team Lead, Engineering Manager, HR, various others. Recruitment Agent responded the next day with confirmation of Offer. Things then stopped when process was transferred to Fircroft (BPs preferred account management partner). Six weeks later Fircroft managed to sort a start date.

Interview Questions

• High level technical questions, team management and previous project experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Will you accept £X, yes please.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

First Stage is an online application where some competency questions need to be answered. Second Stage is a telephone interview- competency based questions again. Third Stage is a technical interview where some job specific questions are asked. Last Stage is an Assessment Centre where group exercises are undertaken with other candidates. Technical ability is not assessed at this point.

Interview Questions

• How do the fluids in a well change as they are produced?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Toledo, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

2 sets of interviews 1st round was with 2 engineers that lasted ~1 hour. 2nd round was a site interview which included dinner the night before with 2 other candidates and ~8 engineers and 3 engineering managers. During the actual interview it included 4 interviews with 2 interviewers each and a site tour.

Interview Questions

• 1st round they asked behavioral questions and then asked me to draw a distillation column and then a distillation tray.   Answer Question
    • 2nd round on site interview included more behavioral questions then I was asked to troubleshoot a fin fan that was not cooling to specifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were unwilling to negotiate salary, but were willing to move my start date forward by 2 months.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with three managers and I was asked a few behavioral, technical and situational questions. The questions are a bit different compared to interview questions I have had in the past, but they were overall not that difficult to answer. The managers were very friendly during the interview and it was more of a casual interview. The hiring process was straight forward as well and I started at BP within the month.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campus (Nepal)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BP (Campus (Nepal)) in October 2014.

Interview

On college campus interview in a one on one process. Pending what interviewer you get, it can be a one sided conversation or a give and take discussion. Big company so understand what area of study you are interested.

Global Process Owner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BP.

Interview

Competency based interview against core Values and Behaviours. Tested to evidence/ demonstrate particular skills relevant to level/ job grade applied for. Additional assessment by external 3rd party and psychologist.

Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BP (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2012.

Interview

had to go for 1 day full interview which comprises 1) Written exam (English,EQ, and knowledge on the job) and if you pass 2) Face to Face interview. The interview attendants : HR, 2 Manager.

Interview Questions

• First few basic question ( describe yourself, your job scope and etc) Then they drill down giving you scenarios question (see if you fit with the company values). Third would be a few technical question on the job scope your applying for.   Answer Question

Account Opening Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

To determine who would be laid off, the company developed a process that required each group member to prepare a self evaluation, have an evaluation conducted by 3 unknown peers, interview for your current position and be evaluated by your superiors. This was all smoke and mirrors to eliminate 25% of the staff which was heavily weighted with employees over 50 years old.

Interview Questions

• Subjective questions - tell me a time when.....   1 Answer