BP Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

3.3

NAGP Confirmations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on BP's website first. Then received call from recruiting manager about setting up phone interview. Had the phone interview, took a little over 30 minutes. After that got called in for a 2 hour panel interview with 6 interviewer's. 3 on 1 panel for one hour then another 3 on 1 panel with different people for another hour. Showed me around the Helios building a bit beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time or experience you had when you were required to use courage in the workplace.   Answer Question

Settlement Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP (Warrenville, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

the process took three to four weeks since I submitted my online application , got initial application review email , then got welcome letter moving forward to light phone interview , forward to formal interview , it was all about behavioral questions .. but the hiring manager was decided who she will hire ( Network I guess ) thats why she didn't pay attention to my interview and being rude even though I'm an MBA finance certificate holder .. her assistant was handling the interview .

Interview Questions

• it was all about behavioral attitude and how you act against problems at work .. which makes me wonder that anyone can tell lies and lies and make himself a hero to get a chance for this job !!   1 Answer

IST Sophomore Experienxe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I received an email telling me I would have a phone interview in the coming days. Kind of short notice. I set up a time that worked for me. My interviewer called approximately 3-4 min after my scheduled time. He told me about himself and proceeded to ask me questions. He asked about 5 questions two of which I had prepared answers for which was great. In all, it lasted around 20 min. At the end, he asked if I had any questions. I hear back in about two weeks.

Process Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP.

Interview

They asked a few standard situational questions that all started with "tell me about a time when..." They also ask a technical question that is fairly straightforward as directly applicable to the job you are applying for

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical decision and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BP (Hammond, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

Took a two hour test and then went through two separate interviews. The test was basic knowledge. Reading comprehension, math, problem solving, and memorization. The interviews were with two separate groups of people who asked various questions about your past work history and possible job situations.

Interview Questions

• What was something that a past employer asked you to do that you felt was unsafe and what did you end up doing in response?   1 Answer

IS&T Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BP (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 interviews to start with, 1 competency based, pretty straight forward if you've practiced your answers and 1 case study. Case study is led by an employee from the trading floor who will try and direct you in case you are not answering right. Overall a very good experience. Everything is very well organised and clear.
    Second and Final round is long (a whole day) and involves various games and simulations + case studies. Some of the other ones will try and trick you, but that's expected. Just keep your cool

IST Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BP (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

1. CV Screening - many specific questions asked about your business acumen
    2. Video Interview - 4 questions about your interest in BP
    3. Trading Game - As described by previous post
    4. Interview - Interviewed with 5 interviewers, questions about yourself. They generally want to get a feel of who you are. Very friendly and pleasant interviewers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter and a manager. The recruiter went through a checklist of things to cover such as, but not limited to: resume, GPA, work experience, leadership roles, behavioral questions, what BP does, small case study detailing how you would react given a certain business situation or team incident, questions and answers, follow-up. First preference candidates typically get called back less than a week later.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

60 minute interview with panel, including HR, incumbent, & Manager. Standard behavioral questions, team focus, & process improvement focused. Very few technical questions. It's basically make it or break it in 4-5 questions. I was an internal candidate yet I had to apply online just like other folks.. i believe the position was also posted externally so there may have been others who applied from outside the company.

They reviewed my resume and qualifications against the requirements of the job.. then chose me for the interview. I had a short conversation with HR prior to the real 60 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Question on doing bank reconciliation process   1 Answer
    • How did I handle a difficult task with a difficult team member   1 Answer

BP IST Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied though my school and then got an in person interview at the career center at my school.
    The in person interview was conducted by two Bp employees. One was HR and the other one worked on the trade floor. They were pleasant and throughly explained the technical questions. I got one question wrong and then they went through it with me and explained why my answer was wrong.
    As long as you show confidence throughout the interview they will think of you as a valuable candidate.