www.bp.com

3.2

Electrical & Mechanical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BP in June 2014.

Multi phase process. Began with a Job Skills Test (3 hr test including behavioral, mechanical and electrical related questions). Next phase was a 15 min phone interview. last phase was a work demonstation that consisted of rebuilding a valve with a set of instructions in 45 mins. then there was an electrical work demonstration where I had to wire a power box via a wiring diagram. Then came the panel interview which consisted of four engineers asking various situational/behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • All were typical behavioral questions. A cple tech questions like the difference between PSi and differential pressure.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Phone interview that lasted approximately an hour with a recruiter from the human resources department at the company. The time on the phone mainly focused on my background and what I had done in previuos roles. We also discussed the need for the position (why was it vacant and for how long) and I asked a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions with a ask for a salary range at the end.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP.

The hiring process required one phone interview and one face-to-face interview in front of a panel. The face-to-face interview included more than 10 questions, one right after another. The questions were on personal work experience, and the related future role, which in this case was related to strategy. Case studies were used during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • One question was on how depreciation expense affects the income statement.   Answer Question
    I was able to increase my signing bonus a little bit by negotiating with the hiring manager.

Reliability Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

I hired on as an intern which only involved one interview, mostly of situational questions. Nothing too hard, just asking to describe what you would do in certain situations. They want to hear how you put safety first. This is not the typical approach for interviews and this was the process years ago - I'm sure it has changed.

Interview Questions
    • They ask to describe how a heat exchanger works. Also know how basic machinery works like a compressor or pump.   Answer Question
    Negotiate your signing bonus! I got offered 10%. My friend told me to offer double, so 20%. I was too nervous to push the envelope so I asked for 15% and they gave it to me no problem. Especially if you have previous experience you can play up.

Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BP.

One phone interview with a few follow-ups. Interview with hiring manager and team.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BP.

On-campus interview. Behavioral based questions and a case question at the end. Rigorous questions but nothing too difficult.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BP.

Interview is grueling. In short, you can be masterful for the job itself, but if you don't answer the questions correctly, which have barely anything to do with the job itself, then you are quickly eliminated. For example, if you are applying to be a financial analyst, you may be asked to talk about a time when you needed to sell a difficult decision, or talk about how you respond to time crunches…..you aren't asked if you can actually crunch numbers!!!

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you have identified a risk to operational/project delivery. What was the risk and how did you identify it? Why did you consider it to be a risk? What action did you take? How did your actions affect the operational/project delivery? What did you learn from this experience and how have you applied this learning?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. BP is well aware of their size and "big league" mentality. They are aware there is 1000 applicants for every job. If you don't like it, then move aside because someone else will take what you don't want.

1L Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in February 2014.

The people were really great. I applied online. There were multiple applicants but only eight people were selected for interviews. Initially I was very nervous. However, as the interview continued I relaxed. I received notice about a month after I applied.

Interview Questions
    • What are two reasons the BP internship would benefit me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BP.

Interviewed with 4 people, including 2 potential peers, the hiring manager and a "stakeholder. The process was very standard. Mostly it was a review of my resume and a lot of "how would you handle this situation" type of questions. It is important to make sure you research the company though. It has a rich history and is very complex. They are looking for folks that can handle that.

The offer was better than I expected

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

I met with the team I'd be working with. Very laid-back and got the sense that everyone enjoyed what they were doing. I was asked very simple questions. "Where do you want to be 5 years from now" "Why BP" and "What can you bring to the team"

The interview was pretty short. They showed me around the lab and each interview only lasted about 20-30 minutes. I met with about 3 people.