BP Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norway, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norway, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at BP in April 2011.

All I had to do was submit an application and had a very short interview, maybe 5 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, barely any questions at all. This is a job that anyone can do.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Challenger (Graduate) Geophysicist Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at BP.

First interview was on campus at the Campus Recruiting Event. The first 30 minute or so, the Geophysics graduates were given a seismic section to interpret. The rest of the time (around 40 to 45 min), they were asked behavioral and soft skill questions.
    Once you get through the first round, they call you for an on-site interview. The interview process is based on two parts there: A one-on-one technical interview for 30 minutes and a 30-min long presentation (usually on your graduate research/thesis). The rest of the day is a tour of the company, meeting with the present challengers and sharing your concerns and experiences about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about the seismic section were difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Facility Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BP in February 2009.

Pretty painless, took awhile to hear back. They follow a very clever process to try to normalize interviews to make it fair no matter who is doing the interview. It is based on your "locus of control". There is some technical emphasis in the questioning. Can you read diagrams, etc. and they present you with an example to test you.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you faced a big challenge, what did you do about it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Asked for higher salary, they came back in about 1 week and agreed.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Osseo, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osseo, WI

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at BP in October 2012.

Mngmnt did go through all proper teqs.

Avtually none

Chemical Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BP.

BP has a career fair in my university. I had an on-campus interview for one and half hours. Most of them are behavior questions. After two weeks, I was invited for the on-site interview. May questions were repeated by different interviewers such as challenge, safety, and leadership. They did not ask any case study questions. The presentation is about 45 minutes and people asked about technical questions.

Finance, Risk, and Compliance Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at BP in October 2013.

The whole interview team was extremely nice. The pre-interview dinner was very informative about who BP is and the work that would be expected. The interview itself was very long, 45 minutes behavioral and 45 minutes of a case interview. There were two interviewers, but it was a relaxed enough atmosphere. The behavioral half was pretty typical, and the case was not particularly difficult. Overall, a decent experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly unexpected, but general interview prep would be helpful.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP in October 2013.

BP had an info session at my university where I could learn more about the company. At my university's career fair, I was able to submit my resume. I was called for an interview soon after the career fair. I was interviewed by two nice ladies, they made me feel at ease. Probably the easiest interview I've ever done because my interviewers were so nice. Said they would let me know in 2-3 weeks, offered me the job after 2 weeks and one day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to give someone bad news and how you handled it.
      There was also a technical question about an oil pipeline constructed over a mountain range- not too hard just talked my way through it.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary was way more than I expected.

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at BP.

I was contacted to interview with BP through the SWE conference website, and had an initial 75 minute interview when at the conference. The recruiter was nice and patient with me if I paused to think before answering questions. The interview consisted of a behavioral portion and a technical portion, with the technical portion being a simple scenario in which I was asked to describe how to obtain certain information, or what would change as a result of an external stimulus. Honestly I felt like it was more a test to see how well I though on my feet. Two weeks later I got a call inviting me to an onsite interview, which was very similar in format. After the interview I got a tour of the campus, and lunch in the cafeteria. One thing I noticed was that there were a lot of women, and that there were many Spanish speakers- both of which I think are positive aspects because they speak of a diverse and multicultural environment. A few days later I got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions are there to test your response under pressure, and are relatively simple.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but the offer was good to begin with.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BP.

Applied online and got an phone interview

IST Interview

campus recruiting - I had about a 2 hr interview with a technical and a behavior portion. Straightforward behavior part with an open-ended technical part.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a scenario where they are producing oil somewhere, say the Gulf, and give you prices and associated shipping costs and you have to figure out what to do.   Answer Question