www.bp.com

3.3

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BP.

Interviewed with 4 people, including 2 potential peers, the hiring manager and a "stakeholder. The process was very standard. Mostly it was a review of my resume and a lot of "how would you handle this situation" type of questions. It is important to make sure you research the company though. It has a rich history and is very complex. They are looking for folks that can handle that.

The offer was better than I expected

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

I met with the team I'd be working with. Very laid-back and got the sense that everyone enjoyed what they were doing. I was asked very simple questions. "Where do you want to be 5 years from now" "Why BP" and "What can you bring to the team"

The interview was pretty short. They showed me around the lab and each interview only lasted about 20-30 minutes. I met with about 3 people.

Challenger (Graduate) Geophysicist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP.

First interview was on campus at the Campus Recruiting Event. The first 30 minute or so, the Geophysics graduates were given a seismic section to interpret. The rest of the time (around 40 to 45 min), they were asked behavioral and soft skill questions.
    Once you get through the first round, they call you for an on-site interview. The interview process is based on two parts there: A one-on-one technical interview for 30 minutes and a 30-min long presentation (usually on your graduate research/thesis). The rest of the day is a tour of the company, meeting with the present challengers and sharing your concerns and experiences about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about the seismic section were difficult.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP.

BP has a career fair in my university. I had an on-campus interview for one and half hours. Most of them are behavior questions. After two weeks, I was invited for the on-site interview. May questions were repeated by different interviewers such as challenge, safety, and leadership. They did not ask any case study questions. The presentation is about 45 minutes and people asked about technical questions.

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at BP.

I was contacted to interview with BP through the SWE conference website, and had an initial 75 minute interview when at the conference. The recruiter was nice and patient with me if I paused to think before answering questions. The interview consisted of a behavioral portion and a technical portion, with the technical portion being a simple scenario in which I was asked to describe how to obtain certain information, or what would change as a result of an external stimulus. Honestly I felt like it was more a test to see how well I though on my feet. Two weeks later I got a call inviting me to an onsite interview, which was very similar in format. After the interview I got a tour of the campus, and lunch in the cafeteria. One thing I noticed was that there were a lot of women, and that there were many Spanish speakers- both of which I think are positive aspects because they speak of a diverse and multicultural environment. A few days later I got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions are there to test your response under pressure, and are relatively simple.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but the offer was good to begin with.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

Applied online and got an phone interview

IST Interview

campus recruiting - I had about a 2 hr interview with a technical and a behavior portion. Straightforward behavior part with an open-ended technical part.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a scenario where they are producing oil somewhere, say the Gulf, and give you prices and associated shipping costs and you have to figure out what to do.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Phone interview via recruiter / screener. Generic sales and situational questions. Second more in-depth phone interview with Region Manager, DBM, Region Director. Generic sales and situational questions. Face to Face interview. More direct situational sales questions..problem solving, difficult situation resolution. Background check. Offer.

No negotiation at all.

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BP.

Interview was over the phone with a group. Asked about my experience, explained their group and what the job was-relating to my experience, asked me what I knew about their company.

Petrophysics--full Time Job Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Half behavior questions and half technical questions (logging)