BP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.3

Commercial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2013.

Met at career fair, and had a 1 hour interview on campus 1/2 behavioral 1/2 business situation you might experience at the job dealing with gas stations. Flew out to site, 2 interviews, 1 same as at career fair but against a panel of 3 interviewers, and the other in a group.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral--something about ethics or what you would do if you saw someone doing something unethical   Answer Question

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP in October 2013.

Two persons from BP asked questions. And one of them left early to catch the plane. The interview lasted around 45 minutes. First half of the interview is basic behavioral questions. Difficult to answer. Should prepare early. Second half of the interview is technical questions. Something related to the energy industry.

Interview Questions
    • When some thing happens, which company should you invest?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2013.

BP had an info session at my university where I could learn more about the company. At my university's career fair, I was able to submit my resume. I was called for an interview soon after the career fair. I was interviewed by two nice ladies, they made me feel at ease. Probably the easiest interview I've ever done because my interviewers were so nice. Said they would let me know in 2-3 weeks, offered me the job after 2 weeks and one day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to give someone bad news and how you handled it.
      There was also a technical question about an oil pipeline constructed over a mountain range- not too hard just talked my way through it.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary was way more than I expected.

Finance, Risk, and Compliance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP in October 2013.

The whole interview team was extremely nice. The pre-interview dinner was very informative about who BP is and the work that would be expected. The interview itself was very long, 45 minutes behavioral and 45 minutes of a case interview. There were two interviewers, but it was a relaxed enough atmosphere. The behavioral half was pretty typical, and the case was not particularly difficult. Overall, a decent experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly unexpected, but general interview prep would be helpful.   Answer Question

IST Summer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BP in October 2013.

I was contacted by recruiter to schedule an on-campus interview with BP. The interview lasts for about an hour. 1 on 1. First 1/3 was an introduction to BP's trading business and its relationship to the whole company. Second 1/3 was a few questions about my experiences on resume. Last 1/3 was dedicated to quantitative questions, most of which are probability, mathematical finance, and programming. Just like usual quantitative trading firms. Overall it was a good experience. The interviewer is very friendly and helps you whenever you got stuck.

Interview Questions

Had an offer somewhere else

Process Engineer Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BP in October 2013.

Submitted my resume online, then received an email scheduling an interview for the following week. Interview was one hour and thirty minutes long, half was behavioral and half was technical. Behavior questions seemed pretty team oriented; what role you play in a team, how you resolve conflicts, etc. Technical question was about a heat exchanger, lots of questions; how you would improve it, what types of heat flows are associated with it, what kind of problems there might be, etc.

Process Engineer Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2013.

Submitted my resume online, and was contacted via email within a week and scheduled an interview. The interview was one hour and thirty minutes long, half behavioral and half technical. The behavioral part was very team oriented; I was asked lots of questions about what role I've played in a team, how I resolved conflicts, etc. The technical part was about a heat exchanger; how to improve it, what problems there might be, where heat transfer occurs, etc.

Supply Chain Rotational Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BP in October 2013.

The interview lasted an hour and a half. The first section was behavioral based, then a case study, then I could ask questions. The interviewers were friendly and share insight on the particular program. They were very honest and brought up the effects of the oil spill spill. Overall, the interview made me want to work for BP. I'm still waiting to hear back about second rounds.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions other than the case study.   Answer Question

IST Intern Interview

Career Fair and online application

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly normal questions. There was the technical part they focus on, to do that, you just need to do some simple math. Great interview experience.   Answer Question
    N/A

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Applied online, passed phone interview, was invited for in-person interview...after about a 2 hour interview and a month long wait to hear back, an HR person from London informed me that since SHE DID NOT MEET ME, it was a difficult decision to make, especially since I had a strong interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you go about changing an established system or challenge it   Answer Question