BP

Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.3

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source – interviewed at BP.

I was contacted to interview with BP through the SWE conference website, and had an initial 75 minute interview when at the conference. The recruiter was nice and patient with me if I paused to think before answering questions. The interview consisted of a behavioral portion and a technical portion, with the technical portion being a simple scenario in which I was asked to describe how to obtain certain information, or what would change as a result of an external stimulus. Honestly I felt like it was more a test to see how well I though on my feet. Two weeks later I got a call inviting me to an onsite interview, which was very similar in format. After the interview I got a tour of the campus, and lunch in the cafeteria. One thing I noticed was that there were a lot of women, and that there were many Spanish speakers- both of which I think are positive aspects because they speak of a diverse and multicultural environment. A few days later I got a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions are there to test your response under pressure, and are relatively simple.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but the offer was good to begin with.

IST Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

campus recruiting - I had about a 2 hr interview with a technical and a behavior portion. Straightforward behavior part with an open-ended technical part.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a scenario where they are producing oil somewhere, say the Gulf, and give you prices and associated shipping costs and you have to figure out what to do.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Phone interview via recruiter / screener. Generic sales and situational questions. Second more in-depth phone interview with Region Manager, DBM, Region Director. Generic sales and situational questions. Face to Face interview. More direct situational sales questions..problem solving, difficult situation resolution. Background check. Offer.

No negotiation at all.

QA Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BP.

Interview was over the phone with a group. Asked about my experience, explained their group and what the job was-relating to my experience, asked me what I knew about their company.

Petrophysics--full Time Job Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP.

Half behavior questions and half technical questions (logging)

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP in November 2013.

Hiring process is extremely slow and without feedback on where they are in the process. Interview process was a panel interview with no time allocated for the interviewee to ask questions. Role play is also part of the interview process. Prepare to act through what it is that they expect you to do in "real" life. I was very excited about the role, however, I received two offers while waiting for BP to make a decision. I declined as the salary was significantly lower then the two offers that I received. The three roles were comparable in responsibility and level of experience.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Workspace was a surprise. Maybe it's a new concept. No more cubicles, just a chair. All seating is visible. No offices or cubicles. Carpet squares are bright and multi-colored, which gives it a pre-school feel. If you need to meet, you have to do it in the cafeteria.   Answer Question

Salary significantly lower than offers received.

Mechnaical Engineering Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BP.

It was a behavioral interview with one technical question. The technical question was about equilibrium mechanics, but they vary.

ITIS LDP Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BP in November 2013.

First round phone interview - took about 45 minutes. Second round with two VPs, took about an hour. Just normal questions based on the experience. Two rounds behavioral with detailed questions about the skills, experience,and interests, meant to find out how/if you are an ideal feet to the job. A lot of referrals to the job description

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BP in November 2013.

Interviews were panel interviews, which are challenging, and can be intimidating. There was also a Kubiks evaluation which entails a series of online psychological questionnaires, and a grueling 4-hour interview.

Interview Questions
    • The Kubiks evaluation includes questions asking you to choose between two undesirable or unethical actions or outcomes.   Answer Question
    Difficult. I did push back on the offer, but was not successful in getting much consideration

PSCM Intern - Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Very straight forward application process. First step was to apply through my university and then through the BP website. I did not have to answer any essay questions unlike what other reviewers mentioned. After completing the resume screening, I went through an on campus interview consisting of behavioral questions and a case study. My interviewer read off a list of general "describe a time..." behavioral questions for the most part and then transitioned into more company value specific questions.

The case study portion was also a multiple step business scenario. Did not involve any math and I believe was mostly used to analyze my thought process, understanding of the situation and respective stakeholders, and connection to company values.

It was a very intuitive process with no unnecessarily difficult questions and just great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to learn to respect someone.   Answer Question