BP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Landman Interview

Senior Landman
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BP in July 2011.

Interview Details – was average for a contract position

Interview Question – was able to answer every question correctl   Answer Question

Fluids Engineer Interview

Fluids Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BP in December 2012.

Interview Details – I received the employee's business card from a friend trying to help. After multiple emails online including sending my resume, we agreed to meet at lunch time. The correspondence led me to believe it was a meet and greet and not an official interview.

There were two interviewers and not just one, surprising. I dressed casually and they wanted me to wear a suit. The interviewer never read my resume, and he was angry I did not bring one. That is a mistake that I will never make again. The two interviewers talked about staying positive in the interview even if I am asked about my negatives. We discussed my educational experience, work experience, and general life questions. We ate lunch in the meantime. We also talked about interesting specifics someone of my background could get involved with.

The interviewers ordered alcoholic beverages, which is unprofessional in the United States. They offered constructive criticism, and , at times, went a little too far. However, this meeting was not conducted through H.R., so it was unofficial. All in all, the interview was a good learning experience, but I was never aware that he wanted this meeting to be a interview.

After the interview, our correspondence ceased.

Interview Question – What ,exactly, do you want to do?   View Answer

PSCM Intern - Summer Interview

PSCM Intern - Summer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – Very straight forward application process. First step was to apply through my university and then through the BP website. I did not have to answer any essay questions unlike what other reviewers mentioned. After completing the resume screening, I went through an on campus interview consisting of behavioral questions and a case study. My interviewer read off a list of general "describe a time..." behavioral questions for the most part and then transitioned into more company value specific questions.

The case study portion was also a multiple step business scenario. Did not involve any math and I believe was mostly used to analyze my thought process, understanding of the situation and respective stakeholders, and connection to company values.

It was a very intuitive process with no unnecessarily difficult questions and just great experience overall.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to learn to respect someone.   Answer Question

IST Intern Interview

IST Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Career Fair and online application

Interview Question – It was mostly normal questions. There was the technical part they focus on, to do that, you just need to do some simple math. Great interview experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Very Easy Interview

Computer Scientist Interview

Computer Scientist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BP in September 2013.

Interview Details – HR email, followed by a phone call from the hiring manager, then on-site. The manager asked for a phone call afterward by never called, next week found out the application is no longer under consideration. They are really bad at being on time and responding emails.

Interview Question – All behavioral   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Petroleum Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BP in October 2013.

Interview Details – First Round of interview it was an hour interview with technical questions

Interview Question – Permeability crossplots   Answer Question

BP Chemical Engineering Co-op Interview

BP Chemical Engineering Co-op
Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and at Campus Career Fair, notified by e-mail that I had been selected for an interview

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to give someone bad news.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP.

Interview Details – The process was through the career center. The one interview took about 1:30 minutes. 45 Behavioral question and 45 on technical part. Technical part made me nervous, it was a very general problem but interviewer was helpful and allowed to go back and make additions to the problem solving. You don't require calculator or anything, in my case didn't even calculate anything just stated how I would solve the problem, what information I would need (fluid properties, the equipment geometry and dimensions, etc). I would say medium-high difficulty just because the technical part is so broad.

Interview Question – They just showed me a heat exchanger, told me it didn't work to specifications and tell them what could be wrong. What would I need to estimate if it was wrong and what actions I could take to change them   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I haven't made my mind yet but it I will definitely consider this opportunity as one of my top priorities.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Human Resources Advisor
Whiting, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP in September 2013.

Interview Details – Required to fill out an application online that included specific questions regardless related work experiences. that met the requirements of the position. Contacted by the recruiter and participated in a 30 minute phone screen. By the end of the day, was contacted to schedule a face to face interview by the Recruitment Coordinator. The interview was a panel interview with behavioral questions. Very little time left to ask questions but it was allowed.

Interview Question – What is the biggest thing you think you will have to learn to get acclimated?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Rotational Interview

Supply Chain Rotational
Wayne, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BP in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview lasted an hour and a half. The first section was behavioral based, then a case study, then I could ask questions. The interviewers were friendly and share insight on the particular program. They were very honest and brought up the effects of the oil spill spill. Overall, the interview made me want to work for BP. I'm still waiting to hear back about second rounds.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions other than the case study.   Answer Question