BP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.3

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP.

Applied online, passed phone interview, was invited for in-person interview...after about a 2 hour interview and a month long wait to hear back, an HR person from London informed me that since SHE DID NOT MEET ME, it was a difficult decision to make, especially since I had a strong interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you go about changing an established system or challenge it   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

It was a difficult interview with many exhibits displayed and a few open ended questions. I thought I did a good job but received little feedback. Hope to hear back soon.

Field Technician Interview

Long wait to get back to me, Very general and smooth on the phone interview proccess,
    just general stuff nothing out of the norm. still waiting to see if i have made it to the next level of the interview process i guess the will mail me sonething to fill ou

Measurement Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP.

One interview with a panel. HR and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time you have had a conflict with a coworker   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP in September 2013.

I applied through school website as well as BP website. Got a face to face interview on campus. I don't want to sound mean but I felt the person who interviewed me was unprofessional and unwelcoming. I have had a few interviews with this company and had seen extremely nice and open minded recruiters who really is there to help you and mean ones such as this interviewer who knows nothing about my background, and repetitively gets my previous company's name wrong even after I told him twice who I used to work for...Not to mention he threw my papers on the side in a very rude way right after he finished asking questions. Overall very negative experience this year.

Interview Questions
    • BP interview always follow their set routine. Half behavioral and half technical. Both are not bad. Questions such as: why are you interested in BP and why do you want to be a reservoir engineer should be expected.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BP in September 2013.

I applied through my university's on campus recruiting in early September. I received an interview about a week later. There was a company dinner the night before that helped the candidates understand more about the company culture. The interviewers were all nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was two part. The behavioral section was pretty predictable

-A time you thought on our feet
      -A time you received good advice from a mentor

The technical section was more difficult than I had expected and asked the candidates to do a times assignment of moving gas in and out of storage to meet supply and demand and the instructions were a little confusing.
        Answer Question

My personality doesn't fit with the high-stakes trader career. I chose a financial analyst position for BP.

Geophysicist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP in September 2013.

Interviewed at job fair, heard back within 5 weeks. Everyone very helpful along the way and I felt that they were really interested in how the experience was for me. I think it definitely helped that I was referred by one of their previous interns and his supervisor. I did have to follow up to get information on my offer.

Interview Questions
    • Had to interpret seismic section, relatively simple, kind of poor quality data.   View Answer
    No negotiation for internship.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiting, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BP in September 2013.

Required to fill out an application online that included specific questions regardless related work experiences. that met the requirements of the position. Contacted by the recruiter and participated in a 30 minute phone screen. By the end of the day, was contacted to schedule a face to face interview by the Recruitment Coordinator. The interview was a panel interview with behavioral questions. Very little time left to ask questions but it was allowed.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest thing you think you will have to learn to get acclimated?   Answer Question

BP Chemical Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Applied online and at Campus Career Fair, notified by e-mail that I had been selected for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to give someone bad news.   Answer Question

Trading Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP in September 2013.

I talked with them at our career fair and then received an interview through our business career center website. The interview was on campus for an hour and a half. There were two people giving the interview. They asked behavioral questions for the first half hour and then moved onto a business case involving pipelines and natural gases.

Interview Questions
    • The case was hard as I didn't have any previous experience with trading natural gases within the United States. It helps if you know a lot about trading.   Answer Question