BP Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.3

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Online Tests- Maths and English
    Telephone Interview - Company core competencies, how do you manage your time? What tools do you use?
    Face-To-Face Interview - Research the company and topic area, held in Aberdeen all expenses paid
    Assessment Centre - Be yourself, individual test on a case study and two group case studies.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me where the pressures, high and low, would be on this pipeline   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Best way to land a job in BP, as with other big oil companies is to complete an internship. Historically there's an over 50% chance that interns will be offered a full time job after completing a summer internship. The recruiting process typically comprises behavioral interviews/experience based interviews as well as technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you felt the most energized being an employee?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

There was a number of stages which had to be completed however BP was very efficient in the way that these were carried out. From receiving an invitation for online tests to receiving an offer only took two weeks. Overall I would say it was the best recruiting experience I have had thus far.

Process Engineer Interview

After you pass the CV screening you'll get link to do online test with limited time, after you pass the online test you'll get hr interview by phone, after you pass hr interview you'll be invited to do user interview, after you pass user interview the last is general test, MCU and offer.

Interview Questions
    • Need to know process description of Sales Gas and/or LNG   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

There are 2 rounds: HR and Technical ones. HR will ask several questions about your personal life and interest. Direct hire mgr will ask questions to understand your experiences. They might go to universities for interns.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Cold-called and was invited to interview the next day. Overall, it was a very casual and quick process. Seeing as it was my first proper job, I told them more about my interests and hobbies. Also, giving any examples in which you had demonstrated a good work ethic/shown responsibility would be in your best interest.

N/A

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BP in May 2014.

Applied online and got a reply 2 weeks later asking for me to come in for an interview. I went in and spent maybe 30 mins filling out some paperwork and also received a small test paper. After this i had maybe a 10-15 minute interview/chat with the hiring manager where they asked me some basic questions + "what would i do if" stuff. They were very good with answering any questions i had and explained in lots of detail. After the interview i was told they'd get back to me that very afternoon, 2 hours later they phoned to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly difficult, asked the usual questions "Tell me about yourself?", "Why did you apply for this company?" also asked some questions regarding what i'd do in certain situations, For example a customer complains about a product, someone holds a gun up to you, a staff member doing something unsafe.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at BP in January 2010.

Just walked in and there was a single interview. The manager sat me down and went over my application, they did a background check and then gave a VERY simple math test. Basically if you were able to pass the 7th grade you can pass their math test.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was when they asked how to deal with irate customers, just because I wasn't sure if they'd want me to handle it myself or get a manager to do it.   View Answers (2)
    None at all

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BP in February 2014.

First communication was great and very professional. Interview was well thought through and there was a panel attending to watch my case study presentation. Staff were polite and seem to be very nice people.
    However, they require far to many papers to be filled out, which I later found out was all directed at legally protecting the company in all and every way possible in the future from you the employee. Be warned there is also some very strange third party background checking company they insist on using. You sign a paper to this effect or you dont get the job. These third party companies were at times very unprofessional and rude. This destroyed the entire what was at first pleasant recruitment process at BP.

Interview Questions

Far to mysterious and odd for my liking. They ask allot of deep personal questions which are totally pointless to the job specifications. High turnover of employees and mysterious disappearances of former staff. Gave me the impression I was joining a criminal gang. Never experienced such low human rights culture in my entire life.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norway, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norway, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at BP in April 2011.

All I had to do was submit an application and had a very short interview, maybe 5 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, barely any questions at all. This is a job that anyone can do.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.