BP

Updated Nov 16, 2014

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BP.

I spoke with a recruiter at a Science and Engineering Career Fair and was offered an interview on campus that week. The interview had behavioral and technical questions, and the panel consisted of an experienced engineering manager and a young engineer. I received the offer by phone a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • The technical question required some fundamental knowledge of fluid mechanics that was difficult to articulate well before at an early point in my major.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Process Engineer Interview

There are 2 rounds: HR and Technical ones. HR will ask several questions about your personal life and interest. Direct hire mgr will ask questions to understand your experiences. They might go to universities for interns.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in October 2013.

I went to their info session. Then I saw them at the career fair. They contacted me a week later to set up an interview. Interview was over an hour long and included a personal (STAR format) section and then a technical section.

Another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BP in October 2012.

BP came to my college campus for a career fair and conducted interviews following the career fair. The interview starts off with personal questions that range from what you are most proud of to give an example of when you set your sights to high or failed at something. The interview was really straight forward and laid back. The second half of the interview consisted of a technical question to see how well you could think on your feet. My question involved a pipeline that went from a location inland to offshore, that had to travel over a mountain and into a valley.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question for me was having to apply equations to the technical question. BP asked me if I knew any equations for what was happening inside the pipeline.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BP.

I submitted my application online. A few weeks later, I received a phone call to setup an interview. The interview took 6 hours and consisted of a behavioral interview, technical interview, lunch, and a refinery tour. They had one more week of interviews after mine, and I received an offer the very next Monday after they had finished.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a diverse group of people   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the offer was far beyond what I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in November 2009.

Got a call about having an on-site interview, I worked in the industry so they didn't ask for a phone interview. They payed for my gas and lodgings. Got to the site early in the morning, had a small tour of the office, then got right down to the interviews. Interviewed with the two guys who would be my bosses, lots of situation questions. Then I had a skills review with two of the engineers. Lots of how does a tower run, what would you do if your plant wasn't operating well question. Overall, nice people.

Process Engineer Interview

After you pass the CV screening you'll get link to do online test with limited time, after you pass the online test you'll get hr interview by phone, after you pass hr interview you'll be invited to do user interview, after you pass user interview the last is general test, MCU and offer.

Interview Questions
    • Need to know process description of Sales Gas and/or LNG   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

There was a number of stages which had to be completed however BP was very efficient in the way that these were carried out. From receiving an invitation for online tests to receiving an offer only took two weeks. Overall I would say it was the best recruiting experience I have had thus far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BP in February 2012.

Personal Interview, Technical Interview, Group problem-solving, Case Study and Presenting decision on case study.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer showed me a PID (Process and instrumentation diagram) and was asked to explain it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BP in January 2012.

Asked questions on exothermic reactions and how to avoid runaway reactions; Hazop study; how pumps and compressors work.
    Spoke a lot about my extracurricular activities.