BP Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at BP in June 2010.

Contractor so my process will be different. I has hired for a short project. After that was completed I extended for 3 years.

n/a

Other Interview Reviews for BP

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Decatur, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at BP in July 2008.

I was interviewed by a group of 3, consisting of a project manager, an area supervisor, and a safety consultant. All of the questions asked about "a specific incident where you..." etc, etc. The group was relatively informal. In some of my responses, I mentioned names of people that I had worked with on projects. I got calls from some of these individuals that same day saying that my interviewers had called them for references.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific event when you made a bad decision.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I was happy with the introductory offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunbury, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Sunbury, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BP in February 2013.

2 interviews; one is with the line manager, another with HR. Mainly competence based, but also a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Example of when you encountered different objectives from client and how did you manage   Answer Question

Location - not in central London; salary - not matching my expectations

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BP in August 2011.

Competency based interview, with a panel comprised of 3 people - a HR / Resource person, a Senior Manager and the position hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about Commercial acumen and how I would demonstrate this from my past experiences   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BP.

Online application followed up with phone call for interview. First interview was on functional aspects of the position, interviewed by two current departmental managers. Good overview of the position was given, followed by candidate's introduction. They had their boxes to tick, so had to answer standard questions related to the position. Second interview was with one departmental manager and HR Business partner, which included leadership questions. Process also included an online numerical , verbal & psychometric assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but in the case study appears recruiters are required to look out for specific responses they are not concerned on how the candidate phrases it.
      Felt some questions on networking were too vaguely defined, resulting in inability to narrow responses to clarity.
        View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BP in January 2010.

Applied online. Was contacted after a week of applying for a phone interview with HR. This was basically a 'fit' interview to make sure I was suitable for the job and had the correct salary expectations. A week or so later was contacted for 2nd interview in a couple of days time - this was a competency based interview over an hour with two employees from BP (one at same level as job and another level higher). Was contacted 2 days later for next interview which took place following week with two very senior personnel. Again was competency based and took just over an hour. Got the 'congratulations, your hired' call from HR 2 days later. Overall process fairly straight forward and took 4 weeks from when I submitted resume to when I was told I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Provide scenarios dealing with conflict in the workplace   Answer Question

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!