1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BP (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Bit weird. I was emailed through LinkedIn inviting me to apply to BP, so I did. I was initially offered a telephone interview. That was based around leadership and overcoming conflict. I was then rejected. Which was what I was expecting. This was back in November. I was then contacted about the position by a recruitment consultant. I told him I had been rejected so he offered to keep me on his books. He then range me up in early February and said BP wanted to interview me after all. I went down to their London offices and had a 1 hour panel interview with my would be boss, his colleague and an HR droid. The questions had nothing to do with management or leadership and were the usual competency based ones. We all had a bit of a laugh when they asked why I had applied to BP and I explained. It was very formulaic. There were 5 questions and I felt they would probably assign scores to my answers and rate me that way. The next step was an assessment day at a hotel. I was asked to keep a day the next week free but never got the invite. Which was what I expected again.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you have changed a process or procedure for the better.   Answer Question
  • Think of a time when you have strove for excellence.   Answer Question