BQE Software Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

1.8

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BQE Software (Torrance, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple they bring you in and have you present your designs. They don't really understand the position and aren't willing to pay for top talent. They are looking to get someone with high level skills and low pay. Very low pay. Seems like a decent company and they have a great office but it's pretty clear that management doesn't really understand what they are looking for nor do they truly understand what UX/UI Designers do. Seems like a good place for someone new or having a career change but certainly not for anyone with advanced skills and experience.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BQE Software (Torrance, CA).

Interview

I applied via Linkedin. I had one in person interview and several phone interviews. The interview was pretty standard. I went to the office and spoke to a manager. He reviewed my work samples and talked about how much he loved Apple.

Negotiation

It was horrible. They low balled me so much and it took a couple of weeks to bring them up. The offer was still nowhere near market rate. I should have declined the offer but needed to work.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BQE Software (Torrance, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and efficient. I responded to a Craigslist ad via email and was contacted via email and phone within one week to arrange a time for an interview. My interview lasted for at least an hour, where the interviewer reviewed my resume and we discussed my past experience. Finding that I had many experiences that qualified me for the job, I was confident at the end of the interview that I had a very good chance at getting the job. I was offered the job within one additional week and began working two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any questions to be difficult or unexpected. I had been looking for work for quite a while, had researched the company prior to attending the interview, and felt that the interview was fair and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. This interview occurred during the recession of 2009 and I was desperate to work. I gladly accepted the offer noting that ANY pay check is better than no pay check.

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BQE Software in May 2011.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview. This was followed by a short one on one interview. There were not a lot of behavioral questions at the interview. There were mostly questions asking for specific examples of technical programs you were familiar with, as well as other tests of knowledge and skill.

QAC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Srīnagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BQE Software (Srīnagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

Non technical manager asking technical questions and utterly failing to do so. Even if he had googled some interview questions, it would've felt professional. Technical manager (read non technical manager) scratching his head, making funny noises through out the 20 minute interview.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BQE Software in October 2010.

Interview

Very professional , right from beginning to end , they made me feel comfortable and interviewed me in the most professional manner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was hard , but they really listened to me calmly