BRE Properties

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BRE Properties in September 2010.

Interview Details – this depends on the position. if you are mid level to higher, then it will require lots of patience and understanding as it can take a month to complete the process. if ur a lower level associate you can be interviewed and hired in less than a week.

Interview Question – tell me about your family life   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none. they offered me the maximum

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BRE Properties.

Interview Details – Spoke with the VP of Finance, CAO, VP Treasurer and Director for interview. Easy questions, why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Question – What is the most complex transaction you have participated in?   Answer Question

Leasing Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at BRE Properties.

Interview Details – Phone interview was tough, in person was easier.

Interview Question – What is your lease favorite thing about your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, same day.

Property Manager Interview

Property Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BRE Properties in January 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my application online, the recruiter called me the same week, she was very friendly and professional over the phone. I think we connected easily which is probably why she passed me along to the hiring manager. All applicants must go through the recruiter for screening, which is a lot of work however it saves the hiring manager's time by weeding out unqualified applicants.
When I met my hiring manager, I think we clicked very well. The interview lasted almost an hour, or maybe longer I can't remember. I do remember that speaking with her was a breath of fresh air, and I knew she was an excellent leader.
The one thing I don't like about the hiring process is that they require two good references. I think in this day it is hard to get a reference from a previous employer because if they're still working for that organization, chances are the supervisor is not allowed to. BRE has this same policy, so that is difficult for me now that I am searching for new employment. I do believe it's valuable to get a reference, however oftentimes it is difficult.

Interview Question – What would you expect from me as a supervisor? I find this hard to gauge, because you could easily say the wrong thing. Sometimes we don't find out what we need from a supervisor with regards to motivation and coaching, until we've worked with a person.

This industry is highly focused on customer and rental revenue, so we talked a lot about that. She did mention (this was in 2010), how the company has new leadership and was heading in a better direction with regards to company culture. I heard from many long time employees that today was a much better feel with the culture rather than even a few years ago.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the same as my last employer which I believe was competitive and fair.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BRE Properties in October 2011.

Interview Details – Submit resume, received call from HR, scheduled interview with CM, interview with CM, call back about job hiring.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Search Engine Marketing Interview

Search Engine Marketing
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BRE Properties in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively straight forward and easy going. It consisted of an initial phone screening followed by an in-person interview with the head of the marketing department. Both interviews were relaxed and pleasant. I applied for the job knowing that I probably did not have as much experience as other candidates but I definitely feel like I was given a fair shot to prove if I was capable.

Interview Question – In your opinion, what is the most important aspect of online marketing?   Answer Question

Leasing Specialist

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BRE Properties in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. I brought into the interview an initial action plan which they seemed pretty impressed. After the interview I followed up relentlessly and got the job.

Interview Question – how are you with time management   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BRE Properties? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BRE Properties interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by BRE Properties employees and interview candidates.