BRE Properties Interview Questions

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BRE Properties in September 2010.

this depends on the position. if you are mid level to higher, then it will require lots of patience and understanding as it can take a month to complete the process. if ur a lower level associate you can be interviewed and hired in less than a week.

Interview Questions
    there was none. they offered me the maximum

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at BRE Properties.

Spoke with the VP of Finance, CAO, VP Treasurer and Director for interview. Easy questions, why do you want to work here, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most complex transaction you have participated in?   Answer Question

Leasing Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at BRE Properties.

Phone interview was tough, in person was easier.

Easy, same day.

Property Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BRE Properties in January 2010.

Submitted my application online, the recruiter called me the same week, she was very friendly and professional over the phone. I think we connected easily which is probably why she passed me along to the hiring manager. All applicants must go through the recruiter for screening, which is a lot of work however it saves the hiring manager's time by weeding out unqualified applicants.
    When I met my hiring manager, I think we clicked very well. The interview lasted almost an hour, or maybe longer I can't remember. I do remember that speaking with her was a breath of fresh air, and I knew she was an excellent leader.
    The one thing I don't like about the hiring process is that they require two good references. I think in this day it is hard to get a reference from a previous employer because if they're still working for that organization, chances are the supervisor is not allowed to. BRE has this same policy, so that is difficult for me now that I am searching for new employment. I do believe it's valuable to get a reference, however oftentimes it is difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What would you expect from me as a supervisor? I find this hard to gauge, because you could easily say the wrong thing. Sometimes we don't find out what we need from a supervisor with regards to motivation and coaching, until we've worked with a person.

This industry is highly focused on customer and rental revenue, so we talked a lot about that. She did mention (this was in 2010), how the company has new leadership and was heading in a better direction with regards to company culture. I heard from many long time employees that today was a much better feel with the culture rather than even a few years ago.
        Answer Question
    They offered me the same as my last employer which I believe was competitive and fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BRE Properties in October 2011.

Submit resume, received call from HR, scheduled interview with CM, interview with CM, call back about job hiring.

n/a

Search Engine Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BRE Properties in July 2010.

The interview process was relatively straight forward and easy going. It consisted of an initial phone screening followed by an in-person interview with the head of the marketing department. Both interviews were relaxed and pleasant. I applied for the job knowing that I probably did not have as much experience as other candidates but I definitely feel like I was given a fair shot to prove if I was capable.

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what is the most important aspect of online marketing?   Answer Question

Leasing Specialist Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BRE Properties in March 2009.

The interview process was pretty standard. I brought into the interview an initial action plan which they seemed pretty impressed. After the interview I followed up relentlessly and got the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for BRE Properties? Contribute to the Community!