BSH Home Appliances USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA

Interview Details – flown in for on-sight interview. Shared/presented portfolio to design team along with other candidates. Went out for lunch, and viewed some facilities. Presented a 1-3 day small project given prior to the interview.

Industrial Design Intern Interview

Industrial Design Intern
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA.

Interview Details – The initial application consisted of sending a .pdf portfolio (less than 5 MB), resume, and cover letter via e-mail. After that, I was contacted about a month later by an HR professional explaining that I had been selected to move forward in the process. I was flown to Irvine, California for the day, most of which was taken up by the interview. The interview was conducted as a group, with each candidate presenting their portfolios. After that the company took us to lunch, and then we returned to the office to present the results of a small design charette which we were asked to do before coming to the offices.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was the design charette. Each candidate was asked to create designs based on one of the client's brands, with an emphasis on functional designs for a particular demographic. Specifically, we were asked to design over racks for the Thermador brand for short individuals that may have difficulty lifting heavy items, as well as looking at trends in the late 20s/early 30s age group and taking them into consideration.   Answer Question

Regional Logistics Analyst Interview

Regional Logistics Analyst
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA in September 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR department, went into their office (very nice building and office atmosphere), and interviewed with a manager and his supervisor. The manager was recently promoted from the Regional Logistics Analyst position, so they were looking for a replacement. Interview went well and then I went home. 2 weeks later I received an email and call regarding the position - it had been filled.

Interview Question – How would you friends describe you? How would your parents describe you? How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Huntington Beach, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was low key and friendly which had a great deal to do with who was conducting the interview. Discussion centered around department targets and integration within the team, long term career pathing and conversations around skills and experience (both past experience and future development). Salary discussions were held at a later date.

Interview Question – In light of associate's busy schedules, how will you manage your own onboarding process?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A higher salary than was originally proposed was able to be negotiated, though it was still markedly below the average salary for that job in that region of the country.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
New Bern, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA in August 2010.

Interview Details – The process is not really good. The company is typical manufacturing company with not many talented people around.

Interview Questions

Management Interview

Management

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed and offered the job within 2 weeks

Interview Question – How long I would work for BSH?   Answer Question

Director of Marketing Interview

Director of Marketing

The process took a day - interviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA in May 2010.

Interview Details – Company is suffering from declining US marketshare AND more importantly, is a very minor business unit of its' German parent. Perception is that German parent keeps reorganizing US senior mgt with temporary German execs that don't "get" how to realistically compete in this market as they hold an overwhelmingly majority market share in Europe with very little effort compared to US standards.

Interview Question – What would you do to grow our busiiness?   Answer Question

Worked for BSH Home Appliances USA? Contribute to the Community!