BSH Home Appliances USA Interview Questions

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Interview

flown in for on-sight interview. Shared/presented portfolio to design team along with other candidates. Went out for lunch, and viewed some facilities. Presented a 1-3 day small project given prior to the interview.

Industrial Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The initial application consisted of sending a .pdf portfolio (less than 5 MB), resume, and cover letter via e-mail. After that, I was contacted about a month later by an HR professional explaining that I had been selected to move forward in the process. I was flown to Irvine, California for the day, most of which was taken up by the interview. The interview was conducted as a group, with each candidate presenting their portfolios. After that the company took us to lunch, and then we returned to the office to present the results of a small design charette which we were asked to do before coming to the offices.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was the design charette. Each candidate was asked to create designs based on one of the client's brands, with an emphasis on functional designs for a particular demographic. Specifically, we were asked to design over racks for the Thermador brand for short individuals that may have difficulty lifting heavy items, as well as looking at trends in the late 20s/early 30s age group and taking them into consideration.   Answer Question

BIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2013.

Interview

No interview to speak of. Got contacted by the company by phone and was offered a position, although the pay wasn't quite what I had expected. Definitely not the place I want to spend my career.

Regional Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA (Irvine, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Received a call from HR department, went into their office (very nice building and office atmosphere), and interviewed with a manager and his supervisor. The manager was recently promoted from the Regional Logistics Analyst position, so they were looking for a replacement. Interview went well and then I went home. 2 weeks later I received an email and call regarding the position - it had been filled.

Interview Questions

• How would you friends describe you? How would your parents describe you? How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA (New Bern, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

The process is not really good. The company is typical manufacturing company with not many talented people around.

Interview Questions

• Mostly it was about my previous work experience   1 Answer
    • Skills desing and drafting   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA (Huntington Beach, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview was low key and friendly which had a great deal to do with who was conducting the interview. Discussion centered around department targets and integration within the team, long term career pathing and conversations around skills and experience (both past experience and future development). Salary discussions were held at a later date.

Interview Questions

• In light of associate's busy schedules, how will you manage your own onboarding process?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A higher salary than was originally proposed was able to be negotiated, though it was still markedly below the average salary for that job in that region of the country.

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA in May 2010.

Interview

Company is suffering from declining US marketshare AND more importantly, is a very minor business unit of its' German parent. Perception is that German parent keeps reorganizing US senior mgt with temporary German execs that don't "get" how to realistically compete in this market as they hold an overwhelmingly majority market share in Europe with very little effort compared to US standards.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BSH Home Appliances USA in January 2008.

Interview

Interviewed and offered the job within 2 weeks