BSM

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Dahlgren, VA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at BSM in August 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with these folks for a position that I would have been a good match for. They really went overboard in finding a reason not to hire me. I had the background that they were looking for and would have really worked hard to accomplish their mission. I emailed them back citing that I was sorry that I did not have the skills that they were looking for (since they were unreasonably unfair in their questioning me).

I just wanted to see what they would say about it. I was very surprised that HR would not respond but rather they had my interviewer respond.

I thought that this was very interesting (not sure if it was professional or not but at the time I thought it was).

The interviewer responded by letting me know that I had left with a positive impression of myself. I thought this was very nice and used that as an opportunity to pour my heart out within the body of my reply.

Guess what? I never heard back from anyone after that. I waited about a month and no response. So I decided to email HR after that and they had the interviewer respond by telling me very coldly that the position had been filled. They also cited that they knew my time was valuable. (If that was the case they should have told me something long ago).

Very Easy Interview

Telecommunications Technician Interview

Telecommunications Technician

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BSM in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring managers are so unqualified they were easy to impress. The manager was not very good at communicating and didn't have many questions. I got the feeling they were just looking for a body to fill the position. This is a very small company trying to grow but they just don't have the talent or resources to be professional. After getting the job it didn't take me long to realize that this is the "B" team.

Interview Question – If a customer asks for the price of a new system, what would you tell them.   View Answer

Worked for BSM? Contribute to the Community!