BSR

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BSR.

Pretty straightforward process. It included two phone screens, then in person interviews with three people, and then I was made an offer. I was not asked any difficult questions and to this day do not understand why. The interview process since I was hired has changed a bit and seems more rigorous, especially at the senior level with presentations and writing samples required. I had to do none of that.

Interview Questions
    • None actually - I was just asked to explain my experience in more detail.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Salary was low, and they wouldn't budge.

Associate - NYC Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BSR in May 2012.

Great organization, but unprofessional in hiring process. Received ambiguous responses after inquiring about process and steps. Poor follow-through in responding after final round interviews.

Interview Questions

Salaries are way too low. The only way you can afford to take these positions is if you are supported by a trust fund.

Associate, Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BSR in April 2012.

BSR is a solid organization. Make sure you come well prepared and able to answer CSR and sustainability questions. If you can bring specific expertise in a particular area, mention it too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BSR in April 2010.

Online application.
    Initial phone screen -- 30 min.
    In person interview with 3 individuals and one group of two.

Interview Questions
    • Social responsibility challenges facing pharma industry.   View Answer

Salary too low for management consulting manager role.

Associate, Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BSR in March 2010.

PHONE INTERVIEW- pretty standard behavioral interview. 30 minutes.

THREE 1:1 INTERVIEWS, 30min each: including one with the same person who did the phone interview (who was recruiting to replace herself). Also relatively standard behavioral questions, as well as some content questions to test my knowledge.

I was told to expect an answer by the end of the week, and never got one in spite of several emails to the various interviewers and several phone calls to the woman conducting the principal interview over the next two weeks. Very disappointing to just be left hanging.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about the big CSR issues a company would face. (she left the industry/actual specific company choice up to me. i answered for a standard financial services industry as she had experience working with banks)   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BSR in January 2010.

brought in to the office for 3 days. Round of interviews with senior management and directors. No testing. The most extensive part was salary negotiation. Important to understand the structure of the organization and how you fit into the structure.

Manager, Advisory Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at BSR.

The recruiting process occurred over an extended period of time. I had several conversations with directors - some formal, some informal. The focus of these conversations was primarily on confirming a match in cultural and management style. There were some questions about past experiences and skills as relevant to the role.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had negotiate a personal conflict   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate to get a slightly higher salary

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BSR in February 2010.

Applied online, received prompt call, interviewed on phone, never heard from them again