BSR

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BSR.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward process. It included two phone screens, then in person interviews with three people, and then I was made an offer. I was not asked any difficult questions and to this day do not understand why. The interview process since I was hired has changed a bit and seems more rigorous, especially at the senior level with presentations and writing samples required. I had to do none of that.

Interview Question – None actually - I was just asked to explain my experience in more detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Salary was low, and they wouldn't budge.

Associate - NYC Office Interview

Associate - NYC Office
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BSR in May 2012.

Interview Details – Great organization, but unprofessional in hiring process. Received ambiguous responses after inquiring about process and steps. Poor follow-through in responding after final round interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a CSR strategy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salaries are way too low. The only way you can afford to take these positions is if you are supported by a trust fund.

Associate, Advisory Services Interview

Associate, Advisory Services
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BSR in April 2012.

Interview Details – BSR is a solid organization. Make sure you come well prepared and able to answer CSR and sustainability questions. If you can bring specific expertise in a particular area, mention it too.

Associate, Advisory Services Interview

Associate, Advisory Services
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BSR in March 2010.

Interview Details – PHONE INTERVIEW- pretty standard behavioral interview. 30 minutes.

THREE 1:1 INTERVIEWS, 30min each: including one with the same person who did the phone interview (who was recruiting to replace herself). Also relatively standard behavioral questions, as well as some content questions to test my knowledge.

I was told to expect an answer by the end of the week, and never got one in spite of several emails to the various interviewers and several phone calls to the woman conducting the principal interview over the next two weeks. Very disappointing to just be left hanging.

Interview Question – tell me about the big CSR issues a company would face. (she left the industry/actual specific company choice up to me. i answered for a standard financial services industry as she had experience working with banks)   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BSR in April 2010.

Interview Details – Online application.
Initial phone screen -- 30 min.
In person interview with 3 individuals and one group of two.

Interview Question – Social responsibility challenges facing pharma industry.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary too low for management consulting manager role.

Manager, Advisory Services

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at BSR.

Interview Details – The recruiting process occurred over an extended period of time. I had several conversations with directors - some formal, some informal. The focus of these conversations was primarily on confirming a match in cultural and management style. There were some questions about past experiences and skills as relevant to the role.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had negotiate a personal conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate to get a slightly higher salary

Analyst Interview

Analyst

The process took 2 days - interviewed at BSR in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, received prompt call, interviewed on phone, never heard from them again

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for BSR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BSR interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by BSR employees and interview candidates.