BT Global Services

Relevance Date Difficulty

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
Irving, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BT Global Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly quick interview process. First interview with HR, second interview with manager, third interview with peer. Moves along very quickly, pretty typical of what you'd expect from most companies today. In my case, because the role was a telecommute position, I did have to travel about 90 minutes for a fourth interview to ensure that I went through at least one face to face interview before hiring. It was pretty much a formality.

Interview Question – How would you handle an employee who is a performance problem but whose skills are hard to replace and are currently in high demand for open opportunities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was negotiable but vacation is not. Everyone gets two weeks no matter how much vacation you had with your previous employer or what level they bring you in at.

Client Sales Executive/Senior Account Manager Interview

Client Sales Executive/Senior Account Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BT Global Services in July 2011.

Interview Details – Internal recruiter connected with me via LinkedIN. After talking with him, he scheduled my first interview with the President of BTGS. She liked me & passed me down to her VP's. I then interviewed with 3 VP's, and 1 Sales Director. Backward interview process.

Interview Question – How do you correlate your degree to your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The high salary I requested as accepted, without reservation. OTE & benefits were also pre-determined & hefty. However, I didn't get a quota/target until 4 months after joining & the comp. plan was never explained.

Specialist Security Systems Interview

Specialist Security Systems
Hortolândia (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BT Global Services in February 2010.

Interview Details – CV selected by other CV send with indication, start interview in local language (portugue) and speak in other languages (English and Spanish). Speak about technical and management expertise, network and security expertise and expectations to work in a high critical environments.

Interview Question – Speak about weakness, personal life, good points and family ambitious.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pass to me an offer letter within my proposal, salary deserve.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BT Global Services in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, face to face with line manager, sales manager, director of sales.

Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BT Global Services in March 2014.

Interview Details – It takes hell lots of time to schedule the interview and usually gets postponed many times. Onsite guys are good and ask all logical questions as per the opening. But the main issue is with offshore guys in blore who think they are owners of company and smart in world and takes interest in hiring only junk people who can take there orders. These blore interview panel does not even posses basic courtesy of asking quality questions and even they show their bad attitude in a such a manner like pointing their shoes to candidate, common guys its basic etiquettes which you learn form family before your enter any professional organization .
The sick part which happens is they want to waste time of candidate by conducting all rounds even if they have decided not to proceed with candidate. One more ridiculous thing which I observed is, the panel went out with candidate profile and showing and making fun with unwanted existing employees.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions, its only sick bad attitude difficult people who ask irrelevant stupid questions just to make the candidate feel uncomfortable.   View Answers (2)

Technical Support Engineer L1 Interview

Technical Support Engineer L1
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BT Global Services in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call form job consultant and had to go through 3 rounds of interview.
1. Communication Skills round.
2. Technical round with Manager.
3. HR round basically for Salary Negotiations

Interview Question – Usually the interviews are very easy in BT compared to its competitors. However, they are more focused on behavioral and usually have less budgets and hence don't give much salary   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary Issues

Very Easy Interview

Systems Consultant Interview

Systems Consultant
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BT Global Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – HR did not indicate there is no AWS. Kind of feeling cheating when the appointment letter is ready and I signed.

Interview Question – There is no difficult question. The hiring manager called me up even though I did not apply for the job indicating I am very suitable for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not pay my expected salary but I accepted it.

Problem & Capacity Management Interview

Problem & Capacity Management
Hortolândia (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BT Global Services in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initially was contacted by phone presenting the job rules, after it I was invited to go to Hortolandia office to have a face to face itnerview, which was presented the company and the organization. English interview was performed by a director of the problem management organization, he asked something related to my expectation of the job, my experience on network..

Interview Question – I was asked something related to network design, and deep question related to protocols, environment Lan e Wan.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Developer Interview

Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BT Global Services in September 2011.

Interview Details – Immediate search.

I run a business, based in Geneva, that provides an integrated investment accounting, control, risk monitoring and compliance services to financial services companies, trusts, pension funds, family offices and HNWI.

Linked with this business we would like to transfer our knowledge and experience into a professional course that will offer accountants and other professionals a new area of speciality.

My objective to find entrepreneur minded Professors with whom to construct an Investment Accounting Course of MBA standard.

Interview Question – Immediate search.

Answer Question

Director, Strategy & Transformation Interview

Director, Strategy & Transformation

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BT Global Services in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple and straightforward

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 10%

Worked for BT Global Services? Contribute to the Community!