BT Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

The process for me consisted of four stages. 1. 1 hour video skype interview. Non technical. It requires you to be formally dressed and for you to have researched about BT. 2. 1 hour audio skype interview. Technical. 3. assessment centre. There were four activities. Group discussion, interview, presentation and case study.

Interview Questions

• Skype interview: The interview is non technical and they ask you questions like why did you apply to BT? what do you know about BT? Audio interview. This is a technical interview and they ask you a wide range of questions including differences in language, features of programming languages, development methods.   Answer Question

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BT (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I came for an interview and after going through rounds they told me that I can leave for the day and I will get a call. I got a call from my consultant after a week that I have been selected and need to submit all my documents. I submitted all my documents to Consultant and it's a month now. I have no email from BT or from Consultant about the status of my offer letter. I tried reaching my coordinator in BT however reception person says that they can't transfer the call, if I have the number I can call them directly. It's very hard for any person to contact HR BT if you don't have the direct number. Still I am not sure what went wrong and I am not sure wheather BT people received my documents or not. Still picture is not clear.

Interview Questions

• About your past companies and your current job profile   1 Answer

Network & IT Operations Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BT (Ipswich, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Assessment Centre has 4 exercises: Group discussion where you discuss with around 3 other candidates different business opportunities for BT, and which case is the best. Then there is a one-to-one interview with your line manager. In depth discussion of your CV and some other questions. Then there is a pre-prepared 10-minute presentation to be presented to the line manager about what are BT's opportunities. and the last one is a case study, where you will be given a case to analyse then discuss with one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BT in May 2015.

Interview

First filled out online form in May, which includes free form answers to describe one's passion for technology and suitability for BT. In 6 days, they arranged a telephone interview time, which was a few days after. This was a video Skype interview with a third party recruiter (Futureboard). I was told in advance what one of the technical questions would be and to memorise BT's 'core values'. After this I did not hear back for over a month, by which time I had found employment elsewhere. An assessment centre would have followed if I was still interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe the software development lifecycle? How do you keep up with developments in technology? What one new piece of technology released or announced in the last 2 years are you most excited about? What project are you most proud of? What are BT's core values?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant for BT Plusnet Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (Bangalore (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

There were two rounds - written technical test which tested your Java concepts - technical face to face discussion where I was asked about the projects and my technical knowledge Challenging questions on how I would design a application What performance considerations to be taken care of Thy also asked if I had worked in DSL Interviewer was friendly

Interview Questions

• previous project related questions. Java and Design related Questions.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Telephone very informal. Two members of the support team and manager discusses my CV experience skills discussing previous job roles and expanding on each item and also asking about managerial experience.

Interview Questions

• Disaster Recovery\Current Role\Previous Role Information on how the current software works.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BT (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was tough. First round is screening round. I have applied via staffing agency. 1) 25 questions for aptitude(25 mins) 2) 35 java questions(90% of them were inheritance and multithreading related) The aptitude was very tough and its was the level of CAT. We have provided with a TAB where we have to take online test. They have 50 tabs only so others candidate have to wait for their turn. Might take 2+ hours. Very difficult aptitude and tough java question. Waiting for my result.

Interview Questions

• collaboration in java, mutithreading programming output, many java programs just we need to give output. Negative mark also there   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Telephone interview started with a little bit of small talk to make you feel at ease. Then, a few questions were asked about BT and its values. Another one was on who are BT's competitors. Other questions included what's the latest BT technology you know, and how do you keep up with the latest technological trends. The rest consisted of questions on my previous experience and projects I've done. The only technical question was on importance of version control in development.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the importance of version control in software development.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BT.

Interview

Rigorous and fairly competitive having many different stages in order to get an offer. It includes a case study, presentation, group exercise on top of the normal competence questions that you get.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BT (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very good process,Asked normal question related to process in company and java Very good panel, very helpful interviewer. One day process ,Give time to interviewee to express its thought.I got call from a consultany and it get schudle within one day.