BT Interview Questions in London, England

Updated May 14, 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BT.

Approached by a recruitment company, I was presenting my paper at a young members technology conference.
    Had a chat over coffee, met a manager for an informal interview the next day, then was invited to an assessment centre the following week. Received a job offer the day after. (This was in November, the programme was starting the following September)

Interview Questions
    It was a graduate programme, so assumed salary was set and only golden hello was negotiable

Programme Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BT.

HR led capability interviews that are really annoying for people who want to talk about the job, whether you can do it and whether you want to do it.

Interview Questions
    • Most of it unless you are luckily enough not to have a HR person in the room and can talk about the job and what is required   Answer Question

Organizational Health Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BT in July 2013.

Through a consultant, who was very helpful. Communications were open and informative. I felt we briefed before the interview, knew names of interviews, key focus areas. Told this was a one stage process, helpful prep advice. The consultant approached me about the role, I hadn't gone looking.

Arrival at BT HQ was painless and staff were pleasant.

Interview was was a shocking experience. Bear in mind this is a role within HR/L&D for a £60k salary. The kinda place where you expect to see good practice modelled.

A minor point is that the interview panel was not as had been advised, one of the two was different.

Was told that this was part of a multi stage process, not as had been advised previously 'one stage'.

The line manager for the role was rather dismissive and sneering in her approach. Her HR colleague was fine.

No questions seemed to have been prepared, they both seemed to be winging it. The questions that the lead interviewer asked seemed to involve scanning my CV and then asking me about something I hadn't done. I'd prepared well, matching my experience with to role description preparing knowledge and experiences that related to the key role requirements etc. Sadly none of it paid off. They seemed to be interviewing for a completely different job. Clearly we weren't a match made in heaven. The lead interviewer had a knack of focusing in on what I hadn't done or didn't know and little interest in anything else. It was as if she was out to 'take me down a peg or two.'

I am a reasonably confident person with good experience and knowledge. I've just secured a job with a global world class brand at a higher level and in the same discipline to this role... so can't be utterly rubbish; this interview seemed as though they wanted to demonstrate that I was and that I was wasting their time. Bleurgh.

The recruiter has tried many times since to have a teleconference with the lead interviewer to get feedback. I understand that I wasn't the only candidate to report an unpleasant experience. Nothing.

I eventually got a form to claim expenses for the day. They had to be asked to provide that info. I sent my forms to the named contact. First they replied and asked me why I was making a claim on behalf of another candidate, copying him in. When I said I wasn't, I am a candidate in my own right, the reply came "you sent these to the wrong person, I am not dealing with that job. Ask your agency who to send them to"... "I did, they gave me forms with your name on".... "Ask them to find out, it's not me, I am not dealing with that job". You get the picture. I did get my expenses back. Not all of them. I couldn't claim for station car parking, it would have taken me over their limit!

Interview Questions
    • This role has a large focus on Organisational Design to improve decision making, what do you know about that?   View Answer

Strategy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at BT.

Pretty straightforward interview process - starting with a phone screen just understanding basic motivations, interest in the organisation, programme et al, followed by case, general interviews to assess analytical skills, problem solving skills, communication skills and general cultural fit

Interview Questions
    • Top trends you're interested in tech/telecom, interest in London as a geography, biggest learnings from past experiences, key achievements from professional career   Answer Question

Cost Transformation Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BT in March 2013.

Applied after a campus recruitment event and was asked to perform some online tests (analysing quantitative data). After that I had an interview with a lady from HR, was short and quite easy. Finally, was emailed a case study (on landline telecommunications retail) on which to deliver a presentation. I gave the presentation to the head of cost transformation, who asked me some additional questions (not related to the case). A few days later got a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • What are, in your opinion, the ways in which BT could still cut costs?   Answer Question

MBA Leadership Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BT in October 2012.

Submitted application, was then called for a phone interview, where we discussed my CV and future aspirations. Then had a formal interview consisting of a "fit" interview with a recruiter, and a case (telco case, obviously) with one of the current associates in the leadership program. The case was not much different than what you would get at any other consulting interview.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions- but be prepared to discuss motivation for the program, why BT, and why telcom industry.   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BT.

It started with an phone interview that took close to an hour then a second interview with the hiring manager that was very technical in nature. This was followed by a face to face interview in their office in London. Interview progress was communicated by the recruitment agency. Feedback was provided for each phase of the interview/recruitment process

BT Fast Track Leadership Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BT in May 2012.

Involved telephone interview, online tests, face-to-face interview and and assessment centre.

Note that the telephone interview and first face-to-face interview are NOT undertake by BT. Instead they are undertaken by a recruitment agency on behalf of BT called Fresh Minds.

The person who interviewed me from Fresh Minds pretended that she was from BT, which was rather annoying and confusing. I asked if she could tell me more about the role and training invovled, but she was very general, and couldn't really answer my questions.

The telephone and face-to-face interviews with Fresh Minds were almost identical in the questions that were asked and therefore pointless. General questions like "tell me about your background", or "tell me about a time you led a team" etc.

The lady from Fresh Minds that interviewed me seemed to be unable to grasp some of the key business concepts that I was discussing. It was VERY frustrating. I was asked to go the assessment centre but turned them down after the most awful experience. Decided I would not like to work for a company that recruited in this way.

MBA Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at BT in March 2011.

The company contacted me when they said they would, and asked typical phone interview questions. These were things like willingness to relocate, why I was interested in BT, etc. The interview lasted 15-20 minutes and went about average, but the interviewer appeared to be in a hurry and no second round interview was given. I believe they had a large number to screen, so that is something to keep in mind - something really needed to stand out about the answers to get selected.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to influence change in your company.   Answer Question

Fibre Optic Cable Layer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BT in March 2011.

Psychometric Tests= Pathetic! these tests are only acceptable for call centre and sales staff not ground workers! total rubbish, was put though a series of stages and questions it was like I was applying for NASA? too much jibberish too much hard work the people who do the tests ect are ok its just the process

Interview Questions
    • Can you remember a time when.....Explain a situation when.....Explain how diverse you are & why...   View Answer
    was offered the job stayed for 3 years and now looking to leave